+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default When you get hair, what's next?

I've been reading parts of this forum for a while now. Mostly, it's a pretty good place to find updates on new hair loss related technologies, but often times (especially in those "I can only think about balding" modes) I'd peruse other parts of the site. Usually, I notice a good mix of optimism and pessimism. People excited about the future and people having those inevitable breakdowns. And everything in between. Here lately though, due in large part to an unnamed depressed frog type creature, the board has seemed more negative.

So I propose a little positive thinking. Let's pretend for a second. Let's pretend that Replicel/Aderans/Histogen/etc. works. Like, actually works. Not something where you look under a microscope to determine that follicle density is so-and-so increased in so-and-so percent of patients. Something where you look in the mirror and you're one hair havin' mother f----- again. Clear and simple, hair. What do you do then? What's next?

First, I'd have one last head shave, for old times sake. When I started to shave my head, it really did help me. I was no longer a balding guy; I was bald on purpose. It was a huge relief and part of how I originally got to the "Meh, I guess this isn't the WORST thing that could happen" phase. The process itself, head shaving, has become very relaxing, sort of cathartic. So yeah, I'd break out the ol' razor for one last go. But after that, no looking back.

I think I'd grow out my hair for about a year, or as long as it took to hit every single hair style. Buzz cut first, by default. A few nice, tight military cuts. A standard sort of cut. It may be long out of style by then, but I'd have a Beiber for a while, because why not? Eventually, I'd try out various positionings of ponytails. At this point, I'd probably buy a motorcycle, because it would take one to make a ponytail acceptable.

In the end, when my hair was as long as I cared for, a length past which no reasonable haircut lies, I'd dread it all. Don't get me wrong: I hate dreadlocks. In my whole life, I've seen dradlocks look good on one person, and it was a pretty hot chick. She'd have looked good with a pile of s--- on her head, which is essentually what she had. I don't like dreadlocks, but when I can have any hair, I'm gonna have all hair.

Then I'm gonna buzz it, grow out my hair like I used to have it before all this bs, and try to get the ex-girlfriend I'm still in love with to break up with her boyfriend. Ideally, they will be getting married, and I can ride in on my motorcycle for the most bada-- "I OBJECT" in recorded history. And whether it worked or not, f--- it; I got hair. I'm good.

So yeah, that's what I'd do. What are you gonna do? Remember, no negativity. Let's just pretend for a second that whatever they're working on now works. Now, I can't DO anything if you're negative, but just know that I'll be very disappointed in you...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I've been reading parts of this forum for a while now. Mostly, it's a pretty good place to find updates on new hair loss related technologies, but often times (especially in those "I can only think about balding" modes) I'd peruse other parts of the site. Usually, I notice a good mix of optimism and pessimism. People excited about the future and people having those inevitable breakdowns. And everything in between. Here lately though, due in large part to an unnamed depressed frog type creature, the board has seemed more negative.

So I propose a little positive thinking. Let's pretend for a second. Let's pretend that Replicel/Aderans/Histogen/etc. works. Like, actually works. Not something where you look under a microscope to determine that follicle density is so-and-so increased in so-and-so percent of patients. Something where you look in the mirror and you're one hair havin' mother f----- again. Clear and simple, hair. What do you do then? What's next?

First, I'd have one last head shave, for old times sake. When I started to shave my head, it really did help me. I was no longer a balding guy; I was bald on purpose. It was a huge relief and part of how I originally got to the "Meh, I guess this isn't the WORST thing that could happen" phase. The process itself, head shaving, has become very relaxing, sort of cathartic. So yeah, I'd break out the ol' razor for one last go. But after that, no looking back.

I think I'd grow out my hair for about a year, or as long as it took to hit every single hair style. Buzz cut first, by default. A few nice, tight military cuts. A standard sort of cut. It may be long out of style by then, but I'd have a Beiber for a while, because why not? Eventually, I'd try out various positionings of ponytails. At this point, I'd probably buy a motorcycle, because it would take one to make a ponytail acceptable.

In the end, when my hair was as long as I cared for, a length past which no reasonable haircut lies, I'd dread it all. Don't get me wrong: I hate dreadlocks. In my whole life, I've seen dradlocks look good on one person, and it was a pretty hot chick. She'd have looked good with a pile of s--- on her head, which is essentually what she had. I don't like dreadlocks, but when I can have any hair, I'm gonna have all hair.

Then I'm gonna buzz it, grow out my hair like I used to have it before all this bs, and try to get the ex-girlfriend I'm still in love with to break up with her boyfriend. Ideally, they will be getting married, and I can ride in on my motorcycle for the most bada-- "I OBJECT" in recorded history. And whether it worked or not, f--- it; I got hair. I'm good.

So yeah, that's what I'd do. What are you gonna do? Remember, no negativity. Let's just pretend for a second that whatever they're working on now works. Now, I can't DO anything if you're negative, but just know that I'll be very disappointed in you...
    Very interesting thread!!!!!!

When I started to shave my head, it really did help me. I was no longer a balding guy; I was bald on purpose. It was a huge relief and part of how I originally got to the "Meh, I guess this isn't the WORST thing that could happen" phase. The process itself, head shaving, has become very relaxing, sort of cathartic.

"Thats a good attitude, and perspective on any situation!!!!

I like the mohawk/fauxhawk style. I'd grow it out at the top and back and have it buzzed short at the sides. Straighten it and style it with matte clay.

I would grow it long. So very long, if only for a while. Wonderful thread, by the way.

Scorpion

Then I get a nosejob and cheekbone implants.

Also, this:

Now the best I can do is this:

In terms of hair style:

Not totally sure what I'd do with my hair. I guess I'd probably have it like i used to when I had a full head of hair. Which was a sort of medium length messy look.

In terms of What I would do in my life differently:

I would have so much confidence I'd probably go out and see how many girls phone numbers I could get in one night.

I would definately contact a few girls I have fancied for years and hopefully start a relationship with one of them.

I would probably be even more motivated to get my body into Cristiano Ronaldo shape.

I would just live a normal life as a very CONFIDENT & HAPPY person. Whereas now I am an unconfident and unhappy person so it would be lifechanging!

The difference my parents would see in me would be HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Holy ****. Either go away, or stay in your own thread. Your presence permeates negativity through the forums; no one enjoys you. Why do you come here? To reiterate; go away. Need I say it again? Go away. Scorpion; go away.

EDIT: Literally, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Crawling through a river of shit and coming out clean on the other side. I like it. Shawshank Redemption is forever going to be a metaphor for balding to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I like the mohawk/fauxhawk style. I'd grow it out at the top and back and have it buzzed short at the sides. Straighten it and style it with matte clay.
    That's gonna look badass. In an "I'm in a band" kind of way. Let's start a band when all this happens. I'd like to submit "Hairy and the Henderson" as a possible name.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I would grow it long. So very long, if only for a while. Wonderful thread, by the way.
    Would you consider joining our band, Hairy and the Hendersons? With a name like that, we need a front man that looks like he just came from a planet where every barber died of some haircutting related disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Also, this:

Now the best I can do is this:
    Hey, we're thinking positive here, so you should get the nosejob and cheekbone implants now, 'cause this hair shit is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    In terms of hair style:

Not totally sure what I'd do with my hair. I guess I'd probably have it like i used to when I had a full head of hair. Which was a sort of medium length messy look.
    Yeah, that's gonna be the best part about having hair again. Not how life will be different from then on, but how it will be back to how it was. Like waking up from a bad dream. I can't wait until I get to let out a big, "Phheeeew, glad that's over."

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Holy ****. Either go away, or stay in your own thread. Your presence permeates negativity through the forums; no one enjoys you. Why do you come here? To reiterate; go away. Need I say it again? Go away. Scorpion; go away.

EDIT: Literally, go away.
    Hey, the way I see it, if that guy really feels like he talks, he needs positive thinking more than anyone. It's sort of like how, in the end, you realize that the Who in Whoville that needed Christmas the most was the Grinch. When hairloss is cured, Scorpion's heart and/or ability to not piss people off will grow 4 times in size!

It's gonna be BOSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    That's gonna look badass. In an "I'm in a band" kind of way. Let's start a band when all this happens. I'd like to submit "Hairy and the Henderson" as a possible name.
    Do I have to do anything or just stand and look good? Guess it depends if it's a rock band or a boy band. I tell myself I'm one perfect hairline away from this stardom.