1900 FUE grafts with Dr. Rahal - So happy with my decision! - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

nice results

Hey man! I am a felliow rahal patient. Had mine done in early Aug so about 4 months post op now. Also 3000FUT! How are you doing? How long did your procedure take in total? When did u grafts shed? U using rogaine and stuff too? I opted not tbh

Hi JDP,

It's been 3+ years since you hard your HT. How you do you feel after 3 years of getting it? Would you do it again?

Thanks!

Curious on the state of your head when you went to work. I’d imagine you didn’t give a care in the world at people’s reaction to your procedure. I want to get this done, but there is no way I can conceal it from co-workers, even in this virtual environment. I’d imagine people who get HT’s either don’t care if there head looks slaughtered in public or work in a field where a hat is acceptable. Sucks because I want to get this done, but would want to conceal it at work.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Curious on the state of your head when you went to work. I’d imagine you didn’t give a care in the world at people’s reaction to your procedure. I want to get this done, but there is no way I can conceal it from co-workers, even in this virtual environment. I’d imagine people who get HT’s either don’t care if there head looks slaughtered in public or work in a field where a hat is acceptable. Sucks because I want to get this done, but would want to conceal it at work.
    i am thinking of having it done too but hesitant for the same reason. have you spoken to them yet?

i am also a little hesitant of the price but you get what you pay for

Default John Jones

Here at GM Tree Services Sale, we are a local tree surgery team with over 10 years experience in the field. Our arborists carry out tree trimming, tree removals, stump grinding and hedge cutting. We offer very competitive quotes and look forward to speaking to you soon.
    https://www.treeservicesgm.co.uk/sale

Yes, I’m going through the consultation and process now, but if I do it, I’ll need to accept co-workers will know. Just not thrilled about the looks I’ll get after I get the procedure.

I never had a shaved head so it’s clearly going to turn some heads. Is what it is.

Talking Just had FUE with Rahal

Stumbled across this thread and had to reply as I finally had my 3000 graft FUE procedure with Rahal a few days back. Recovery is going very well so far!

While I am enjoying the virtual working environment, I too am concerned about what the reaction of my colleagues will be as I am on camera most of the day in meetings.

To make myself feel a little better, I've taken to a certain camera positioning over the last few months that cuts off the top of my head. A little odd perhaps, but nobody comments.

And I've taken a two weeks off before going back to work, so the sides will have grown back enough to be similar to some of the shorter cuts I have had previously.

While there is still likley to be some notice, this is the ideal time, imo. Nothing in person. Camera angles and lighting can be set up in your favour, and if all else fails, you can claim technical challenges with your cam for a bit, haha.

And while it has been said many times before - Dr. Rahal and the entire clinic/staff are top notch. The entire team is on top of their game and operates as a well oiled machine. I couldn't have asked for a better procedure.

Now for the hard part... waiting for the results

Quote Originally Posted by hashadfue View Post
    Stumbled across this thread and had to reply as I finally had my 3000 graft FUE procedure with Rahal a few days back. Recovery is going very well so far!

While I am enjoying the virtual working environment, I too am concerned about what the reaction of my colleagues will be as I am on camera most of the day in meetings.

To make myself feel a little better, I've taken to a certain camera positioning over the last few months that cuts off the top of my head. A little odd perhaps, but nobody comments.

And I've taken a two weeks off before going back to work, so the sides will have grown back enough to be similar to some of the shorter cuts I have had previously.

While there is still likley to be some notice, this is the ideal time, imo. Nothing in person. Camera angles and lighting can be set up in your favour, and if all else fails, you can claim technical challenges with your cam for a bit, haha.

And while it has been said many times before - Dr. Rahal and the entire clinic/staff are top notch. The entire team is on top of their game and operates as a well oiled machine. I couldn't have asked for a better procedure.

Now for the hard part... waiting for the results
    This is great to hear! Congrats on your procedure!

I am also working in that same type of corporate virtual environment. I’m on virtual calls throughout the day so I’m trying to figure out how I would be able to conceal it. I guess I could to a degree, but regardless, showing up with a shaved head (have never had a shaved head) will clearly throw people off.

Just hoping with lighting as you mentioned and with certain angles, I can avoid having anyone call me out on having a HT.

So you took 2 weeks off? How was the overall redness when you went back to work after 2 weeks? Is it noticeable on camera?

Great to see your experience with Dr. Rahal was a positive one. Are you also on Finasteride or Minoxidil?

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    This is great to hear! Congrats on your procedure!

I am also working in that same type of corporate virtual environment. I’m on virtual calls throughout the day so I’m trying to figure out how I would be able to conceal it. I guess I could to a degree, but regardless, showing up with a shaved head (have never had a shaved head) will clearly throw people off.

Just hoping with lighting as you mentioned and with certain angles, I can avoid having anyone call me out on having a HT.

So you took 2 weeks off? How was the overall redness when you went back to work after 2 weeks? Is it noticeable on camera?

Great to see your experience with Dr. Rahal was a positive one. Are you also on Finasteride or Minoxidil?
    I'm not at two weeks yet (not even at one yet!), but I have super fair skin, so I'm counting on using angle/lighting, and possibly some light makeup powder to disguise the redness which I expect will still be here.

I haven't been using either, but will go to using Min at the 2 week mark. I've used Fin for about 9 months about 15 years ago (I've used Min on and off over the period, with some success in stopping progression... I just often got lazy!). Didn't experience any of the traditional side effects with Fin, but I ultimately decided that some of the longer term unknowns weren't worth it. I'm considering topical Fin now, but studies are limited on the systemic implications, so it's more likley I will end up on Min + Nizoral + supplements (mainly centered on biotin and quercetin) + recc'd shampoo and conditioners + irestore helmet (though I'm notconvinced on this one either...).

In the end, I'm sure a collegue or two will figure it out.. and quite frankly, I'm just not sure I will care. It makes me happy, and any stigma associated with it is rapidly dissapearing.

And thanks! I'm really happy with the procedure so far! Happy to answer any questions!