+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I still don't understand what RU is? Can you buy it, don't you have to make it up yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I still don't understand what RU is? Can you buy it, don't you have to make it up yourself?
    It`s a topical anti-androgen treatment. It inhibits DHT. And yes, you do have to make your own solution. Since it`s still an experimental treatment, you can`t buy it as a commercial product. Therefore, you have to buy it from private labs. It`s normal to get RU via group-buys, so you don`t have to do any of the work yourself. You can also find instructions on how to make it, preserve it, measure the dosage and find the appropiate dosage. RU comes in a powder, and you can mix it with a prefabricated "K&B"-solution. The K&B solution should be the ideal liquid to mix RU with.

Check out the "Experimental treatments"-section on "************(dot)com". Only if you`re intersted of course.

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Not so sure about a hair piece, I understand that they need regular maintenance and cost quite a bit?
    In general, the good ones do. Unfortunately, every currently available solution for hair loss -- whether it be finasteride, hair transplants, hairpieces, or wearing hats -- is an imperfect one. It's up to each person to decide which imperfection he can most easily live with.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    In general, the good ones do. Unfortunately, every currently available solution for hair loss -- whether it be finasteride, hair transplants, hairpieces, or wearing hats -- is an imperfect one. It's up to each person to decide which imperfection he can most easily live with.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Don't wear a wig. It's a trap. You'll live a lie the rest of your life. You can never take it off. Never go for a swim with others again. You life will be a slave to the wig.
    And just imagine if it fell off in public. *shutters* Ugh.. Thought gives me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Don't wear a wig. It's a trap. You'll live a lie the rest of your life. You can never take it off. Never go for a swim with others again. You life will be a slave to the wig.
    That really depends on your individual approach. You can be honest about it to everyone, or you can be honest about it to only your closest. I agree that hiding it for everyone will be a big pain in the ass.

However, I´m convinced that the majority can´t make it work, but I´m more interested in hearing about the people who can. Spencer talked about a friend of him that are really successful who wears a wig, and there are some guys at toplace who also can pull it off. If you look at Matthew Mccouneghey (typo), you have an example of a guy that really can pull it of.

A wig also look much better than a transplant. If you add a Keser or Rahal hairline in addition to your hair piece, then you will have the best aesthitical results, no doubt.