+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Man, it is a bit worrying how sides can creep up months after taking it. I started low and vowed to stay on this dose for 6 months before deciding to up it. Also had baseline tests done before and just got another set monday (two months in). Interested to see how much 0.25mg/day cut my DHT. I have zero sides so its tempting to increase my dose.

Thanks for this post broski. It seems like your being honest with yourself, accepting of any possible outcomes, and just letting the chips fall where they may and focusing on what can be controlled. I like that approach, and am trying to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Man, it is a bit worrying how sides can creep up months after taking it. I started low and vowed to stay on this dose for 6 months before deciding to up it. Also had baseline tests done before and just got another set monday (two months in). Interested to see how much 0.25mg/day cut my DHT. I have zero sides so its tempting to increase my dose.

Thanks for this post broski. It seems like your being honest with yourself, accepting of any possible outcomes, and just letting the chips fall where they may and focusing on what can be controlled. I like that approach, and am trying to do the same.
    Thanks, man. I could never confide with my real life friends, so it is nice to get this off my chest somewhere.

I'm not necessarily blaming fin, but I need a little peace of mind. I'm horny less often and my orgasms aren't earth-shattering like they used to. I can't give that shit up. I've experimented with my body aggressively and it's time to experiment with the flip side of the coin.

I just hope I get another shot at this chick when I'm off fin for a week and not brown-out drunk. It'll be a different story then.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Thanks, man. I could never confide with my real life friends, so it is nice to get this off my chest somewhere.

I'm not necessarily blaming fin, but I need a little peace of mind. I'm horny less often and my orgasms aren't earth-shattering like they used to. I can't give that shit up. I've experimented with my body aggressively and it's time to experiment with the flip side of the coin.

I just hope I get another shot at this chick when I'm off fin for a week and not brown-out drunk. It'll be a different story then.
    Regarding the side effects, are you under no illusion that these are actual physical changes/not psychological? If so, quit the drug completely and get a full blood work done - did you have a hormonal panal before taking fin?

Remember that finasteride has a near flat dose response so 0.5mg inhibits almost the same amount of DHT as 1mg and the reduction remains low for several days.

Whoaaaaaa, guys. I'm not quitting indefinitely.

I'm taking one week off -- just because. Give my body a break. See if I feel different. I'm not saying I definitively have physiological side effects.

I've been nothing short of obsessive about treatment (never missed a dose on accident) and the state of my hair. I'm finally getting results (see pics on previous page), and I'm excited to see it get better and better.

I'm resetting my DHT and taking lower, intermittent doses. Again, just because.

BTW, my head itched pretty noticeably today, so I'm excited to get back on fin after a week of giving my body a break.

Sorry for any miscommunication. I don't mean to mislead anyone to think that I got sides and that they shouldn't be on fin. I believe quite the contrary actually, at least about the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry for any miscommunication. I don't mean to mislead anyone to think that I got sides and that they shouldn't be on fin. I believe quite the contrary actually, at least about the latter.
    Oh ok, sorry. I very often skim through all these posts and fail to fully comprehend what is being said.

Especially since you are finally getting results. Looks like the tide of the war is starting to fall in your favor.