+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It is weird but I have heard some anecdotes of people having less trouble on dut than fin. No idea why that would happen but it is worth a shot, esp if you are diffuse thinning

I am your same age. If I had a chance with my HS crush I would be stoked. Those lost opportunities from your mid-late teens can kind of haunt you no matter how your love life goes in your 20s, it sucks.

For testing DHT....it is super easy. Just ask your doc for a test. Your GP might not know what you are talking about but should be able to refer you to a derm who can order lab work. Good luck!
    yeah i'm getting some dut this weekend. hopefully i can handle it, if not then it's on to RU and then finally CB if all else fails...

as far as the hs crush goes, i just never had the opportunity. she had longterm bfs all the way through and actually dated the same dude for like 6 years before recently breaking up with him. so i think one of my advantages is that she knows me from back in the day and there's a bit of comfort and trust in that. i hope i don't **** it up though...

and thanks man, i'll get my dht tested and let you guys know how that goes.

man, rough night. hanging out downtown and am about to go home but i think to myself might as well try one more bar, walk towards the nearest one and sure enough there's a girl i've had a huge crush on for about a year, standing right at the entrance with a bunch of people. i don't say anything but just kinda walk by really close to her and i see that she recognizes me and doesn't say anything (i don't say anything to her because i've been sporadically interacting with her on FB for a while, and while we've spoken in person a few times and had good vibes, i don't really know her that well and i don't want to look like i'm desperate or a stalker), so i just go in, nothing happens, she doesn't try to say hey or anything. i walk straight into the bathroom to see how i'm looking and i just look like shit, hair looks terrible, kinda overweight, disheveled... just looking sloppy in general. tried to fix myself up and went back out but my confidence was shot so i just bailed. hopefully she was waiting for me to say something to her lol... gotta get in shape and stop this ****ing curse. interestingly she was hanging out with a bunch of bald dudes, good sign. but man i wish i hadn't gone to that last bar, first impressions like that can ruin your chances. oh well, it's motivation if nothing else.

If you did look like shit, hopefully she was drunk and won't remember how bad you looked. Maybe she was so drunk she thought you looked great. Do women get beer goggle's too? The good news is she was hanging out with other bald dudes, so you don't have to worry about hair loss crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    man, rough night. hanging out downtown and am about to go home but i think to myself might as well try one more bar, walk towards the nearest one and sure enough there's a girl i've had a huge crush on for about a year, standing right at the entrance with a bunch of people. i don't say anything but just kinda walk by really close to her and i see that she recognizes me and doesn't say anything (i don't say anything to her because i've been sporadically interacting with her on FB for a while, and while we've spoken in person a few times and had good vibes, i don't really know her that well and i don't want to look like i'm desperate or a stalker), so i just go in, nothing happens, she doesn't try to say hey or anything. i walk straight into the bathroom to see how i'm looking and i just look like shit, hair looks terrible, kinda overweight, disheveled... just looking sloppy in general. tried to fix myself up and went back out but my confidence was shot so i just bailed. hopefully she was waiting for me to say something to her lol... gotta get in shape and stop this ****ing curse. interestingly she was hanging out with a bunch of bald dudes, good sign. but man i wish i hadn't gone to that last bar, first impressions like that can ruin your chances. oh well, it's motivation if nothing else.
    How are you doing in your career.

Honestly, I think money and career success in the answer. A girl might think you look like a loser, until she finds out what you do....

Harsh.
    The good news is you now have a chance for "self improvement game"....lose the weight, style your hair different (maybe try concealer if you are in a shed), fix whatever is making you look disheveled (clothes, grooming, etc). Next time she sees you she might think "wow what an improvement, this guy is going somewhere"

Kind of a long shot but this gives you 10x superior chances to the "maybe she will just accept me for me" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    If you did look like shit, hopefully she was drunk and won't remember how bad you looked. Maybe she was so drunk she thought you looked great. Do women get beer goggle's too? The good news is she was hanging out with other bald dudes, so you don't have to worry about hair loss crap.
    yeah, i can only hope. i myself was way too drunk to be interacting so it's a good thing i didn't say anything, worst case scenario i looked rough but oh well that can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    How are you doing in your career.

Honestly, I think money and career success in the answer. A girl might think you look like a loser, until she finds out what you do....
    my career is pretty legit, lawyer working in Atl. thankfully that side of life is taken care of for now, just gotta improve the physical side.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Harsh.
    The good news is you now have a chance for "self improvement game"....lose the weight, style your hair different (maybe try concealer if you are in a shed), fix whatever is making you look disheveled (clothes, grooming, etc). Next time she sees you she might think "wow what an improvement, this guy is going somewhere"

Kind of a long shot but this gives you 10x superior chances to the "maybe she will just accept me for me" approach.
    exactly. that's what i'm thinking,. i was definitely bummed she didn't even say anything, but she might have been nervous because a few weeks back she said via fb she would hit me up if she wasn't too busy with grad school, and of course that didn't happen and there she was, so maybe she didn't want to upset me or something, but seriously it's just motivation to change my diet and exercise so that the next time i see her i'll look like a million bucks...

yeah i'm getting some dut this weekend. hopefully i can handle it, if not then it's on to RU and then finally CB if all else fails...

as far as the hs crush goes, i just never had the opportunity. she had longterm bfs all the way through and actually dated the same dude for like 6 years before recently breaking up with him. so i think one of my advantages is that she knows me from back in the day and there's a bit of comfort and trust in that. i hope i don't **** it up though...

and thanks man, i'll get my dht tested and let you guys know how that goes.
    How's the dut? I added it 0.5 mg once a week alongside 1.25mg fin 6 days a week. It gives me the nut ache and everything and leaves me pretty fatigued. Can't decide if I should discontinue.

Interested in hearing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    How's the dut? I added it 0.5 mg once a week alongside 1.25mg fin 6 days a week. It gives me the nut ache and everything and leaves me pretty fatigued. Can't decide if I should discontinue.

Interested in hearing your experience.
    two weeks in and yeah i have nut ache but it's not as bad as it was, don't think i'm feeling any fatigue but i take adderall as well so who knows. definitely sticking with it until the sides get so unbearable i have to stop. if that doesn't happen i'll take it until something better comes along. my stress levels have gone wayyyy down since getting on it, know it's pretty much the single most powerful hairloss drug out there. if i can maintain my hairline and fill in my crown i will be set. for now i'm just gonna focus on getting in shape and not think about my hair as much.