+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Hair looks good to me mate.

I've never been worried about my hairline receding a bit, if my hairline receded to NW2 or so I wouldn't care as long as it was still thick, it's the overall thinning that follows MPB with some people that scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    Hair looks good to me mate.

I've never been worried about my hairline receding a bit, if my hairline receded to NW2 or so I wouldn't care as long as it was still thick, it's the overall thinning that follows MPB with some people that scares me.
    Thanks, muchacho. I hear ya there. I've receded and maintained most of my vertex and crown density. I don't mind NW2 at all. It's when that bald spot on the crown appears that I'd probably be pretty shook up.

The fact that I have these hairs sprouting in the hairline is invigorating. I imagine the same is happening on my vertex as well. Hell, I'd even take NW3 if it meant keeping my crown and vertex density. I could live with Jude Law-esque hair.

I agree with every one else, your hair looks good. Keep treating it and hopefully get some new regrowth, but with the amount of hair you have, just thickening would be fine for you.

2.5 month update (baseline 02/21/2013)

Well, I've lost a little ground since starting finasteride 2.5 months ago. My part has widened -- towards the crown most considerably. Some hairs sprouting at the hairline; some hairs sprouting a ways out of the hairline (they apparently didn't get the memo they were supposed to abandon scalp permanently, to make room for receding hairline).

No sides. No "itch".

Still shedding quite a bit, but I think I've seen the worst of it.

I also added 2% keto, once per week, to the mix ~1 week ago. I need to order some more pretty quick, and am strongly considering buying some duta to take once a week -- will make that decision sometime tonight.

Anyways, here's about a few baselines pics versus 2.5 months.
    Attached Images

tbh your hair does not look receded to me from baseline, more like you have lost density along the hairline (mainly where I see this is in the pic of the left side)
    Actually I feel like I have noticed this effect slightly in my hairline corners, since starting dut. Or maybe I am just paying more attention now to my hair again. But when I get out of the shower and play with it in the light, it seems like the density possibly has taken a hit in those areas?
    The weird thing is I also have noticed these tiny vellus hairs growing almost all the way up to my juvenile hairline. Again I am not sure if this is from dut or if I just never looked close enough before. But cosmetically they are 100% insignificant, very small and blond (my hair is dark)

Hopefully we will both get back to baseline and then some....I forgot how f*cking annoying it is to wait for full results on DHT blockers. I was depressed for months on fin until I started seeing a major improvement at 8-10 months or something like that

Yeah. Definitely losing density at the the hairline from corner to corner.

Really I should only be expecting to have gotten worse from baseline at the 2.5 month mark, so I'm not stressing it too bad. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    tbh your hair does not look receded to me from baseline, more like you have lost density along the hairline (mainly where I see this is in the pic of the left side)
    Actually I feel like I have noticed this effect slightly in my hairline corners, since starting dut. Or maybe I am just paying more attention now to my hair again. But when I get out of the shower and play with it in the light, it seems like the density possibly has taken a hit in those areas?
    The weird thing is I also have noticed these tiny vellus hairs growing almost all the way up to my juvenile hairline. Again I am not sure if this is from dut or if I just never looked close enough before. But cosmetically they are 100% insignificant, very small and blond (my hair is dark)

Hopefully we will both get back to baseline and then some....I forgot how f*cking annoying it is to wait for full results on DHT blockers. I was depressed for months on fin until I started seeing a major improvement at 8-10 months or something like that
    It's probably the dut, because the same thing is happening to me. I have tiny hairs growing up to an NW1 hairline, but strangely only in the widow's peak area and my right side temple. The hairs are cosmetically insignificant and can only be seen if you take a close look at my forehead, but they are not blonde, they are black and they are following in the footsteps of the hairs above them, that weeks ago were cosmetically insignificant and are now shaping up as terminal hairs.

Dut is a very powerful drug, and I am a very good responder to it I guess. The process of thickening or regaining hair with hair loss treatments is very very slow, and it has always been for me in the past. But not with Dut, everything is happening fast. I'm truly shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    It's probably the dut, because the same thing is happening to me. I have tiny hairs growing up to an NW1 hairline, but strangely only in the widow's peak area and my right side temple. The hairs are cosmetically insignificant and can only be seen if you take a close look at my forehead, but they are not blonde, they are black and they are following in the footsteps of the hairs above them, that weeks ago were cosmetically insignificant and are now shaping up as terminal hairs.

Dut is a very powerful drug, and I am a very good responder to it I guess. The process of thickening or regaining hair with hair loss treatments is very very slow, and it has always been for me in the past. But not with Dut, everything is happening fast. I'm truly shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post

Do you order your dut from inhouse?

What dose/frequency? I'm ready to take the plunge.

I get it from inhouse. 0.5mg a day.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

Happy to hear that you are getting good results. What's your current regimen except dut?