Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

OC Guide

Here's a guide for anyone who wants to purchase and use OC. I personally am going to wait to hear back from teamtlr before I go ahead and purchase OC, or setipiprant, but we don't even know if that will go through yet.

1) What to buy:

95% ethanol 750ML - $12.99
    Buy a wide range of liquor, wine and spirits in Liquor Barn stores in Illinois at competitive prices or order online.

OR

OR
    Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Propylene Glycol 8oz - $4
    01/31/2024: We have switched to a new manufacturer of Propylene Glycol USP. Please reference the Specification Sheet for more information prior to purchasing. CAS: 57-55-6 Propylene Glycol is used as a humectant and viscosity decreasing agent in cosmetics. It is an effective solvent and coupling agent and its use can i

OR
    Butylene Glycol 8.5oz - $6.75
    Lotioncrafter is a wholesale supplier of natural materials for the development of cosmetics and toiletries. From soothing botanical extracts to innovative anti-aging cosmeceuticals, we offer a wide range of cosmetic ingredients to meet the needs of both small and large manufacturers.

Dimethyl Isosorbide (DMI) 1 oz - $28.95
    Lotioncrafter is a wholesale supplier of natural materials for the development of cosmetics and toiletries. From soothing botanical extracts to innovative anti-aging cosmeceuticals, we offer a wide range of cosmetic ingredients to meet the needs of both small and large manufacturers.

[/L]
    OR

OC000459-Ethanol 1G - $238

Equipment

A good scale - $22~$26

OR

Syringes - $5

Amber bottles - $5+

Dermaroller - $10~$20

2) How to make
    Use a 70/30 ethanol PPG vehicle

so for the 70/30 vehicle mix:
    0.7ml ethanol + 0.3ml PPG(or BG) + few drops of DMI + 10 grams OC

this is a 1% OC mix, for more/less just change the OC amount.

3) How to use
    Apply to your scalp

You decide how many times per day and per week

Recommended is once a day, every day. But if you think more is better then apply more.

4) Storage and stability
    Kingofchimps states that he makes 10 applications in one go and stores them in the fridge and they last a month or more.

Store the raw powder in 2 zip lock bags in the freezer.

OK hope that summarises it for everyone

The initial cost is quite high, a bit under US$300 + shipping, but this could last between 3 and 6 months so it is not too bad.

1. Mix 70/30 solution of ethanol and butylene glycol.
    2. Take between 10-20mg of OC (more seems to be better, and studies suggest that there is a cumulative therapeutic effect with this stuff once it's 'loaded'). I have been doing 20mg a day, which is considered high by most.
    3. Mix it into ~2.5-3mL of eth/BG. You will probably need less solution than this.. 2ml can do an average head if you're careful
    4. Add a few drops of DMI (seeming to be optional... as I can't find my DMI lately and haven't noticed a difference so far)
    5. LIGHTLY dermaroll over the scalp area. Just enough that you feel little pokes as the top layer of your dermis is punctured. I have been doing this EVERY DAY, so don't over do the rolling.
    6. Soak your scalp in the solution with an eye dropper. Make sure to get it on the scalp... I have been dragging it across my head, drawing lines all over the scalp while slowly ejecting the solution from the dropper. Tilt your head back/forward/side as need to keep it from running off your
  • It's2014ComeOnAlready
    • Sep 2014

I hope this works! Fingers crossed!

...If it does, I'm gettin on this bandwagon.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

I haven't seen anyone use OC and not have results. By results I mean stopping hair loss.

People who don't want to take finasteride, or can't take finasteride should seriously consider this because the science is there and it has a low side effect profile.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        I haven't seen anyone use OC and not have results. By results I mean stopping hair loss.

People who don't want to take finasteride, or can't take finasteride should seriously consider this because the science is there and it has a low side effect profile.
        I believe you, just haven't seen documented proof that this method works. If you can prove that it does, I'll probably consider it. My issue is also that i have diffuse thinning on top and the sides, so I'd have to apply it everywhere. Might be too expensive.

Comment

• RockyMtn
          • Feb 2015

so for the 70/30 vehicle mix:
          0.7ml ethanol + 0.3ml PPG(or BG) + few drops of DMI + 10 grams OC

this is a 1% OC mix, for more/less just change the OC amount.
          This is where I get confused. That can't possibly be right, can it? 10 G of OC to go in 1 ml mixture???? Maybe it should be 10 milligrams? 10 mg in a 1 ml solution would be a 1% mixture, I think? Damn it, when our teachers told us we'd need to know this one day, I didn't believe them....

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by RockyMtn
            This is where I get confused. That can't possibly be right, can it? 10 G of OC to go in 1 ml mixture???? Maybe it should be 10 milligrams? 10 mg in a 1 ml solution would be a 1% mixture, I think? Damn it, when our teachers told us we'd need to know this one day, I didn't believe them....
            Oops! Yes 10mg in one ml! Typo

Comment

• Jasari
              • May 2011

So does 20mg constitute one dose? Can you mix 10-30 days worth and store it in the fridge?

Comment

• Hairismylife
                • Jun 2012

Good post!!! Thanks FTL!!!

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jasari
                  So does 20mg constitute one dose? Can you mix 10-30 days worth and store it in the fridge?
                  Yes, 20mg would be 2%. I will be using OC at 2% myself, if we can't get setipiprant from teamtlr

Comment

• Jasari
                    • May 2011

Yes, 20mg would be 2%. I will be using OC at 2% myself, if we can't get setipiprant from teamtlr
                    Cool. I've just gone through a ridiculous shed that has thinned the top and even sides of my hair. I'm in to try OC. I'll order everything after work tonight.

I can post pics. Are we preparing individual doses daily? Or can we make a two to three week batch and store it in the fridge?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jasari
                      Cool. I've just gone through a ridiculous shed that has thinned the top and even sides of my hair. I'm in to try OC. I'll order everything after work tonight.

I can post pics. Are we preparing individual doses daily? Or can we make a two to three week batch and store it in the fridge?
                      I can't answer that with positivity but the guys who've used it already said they make 10 days at a time and store the powder in the freezer.

Comment

• Jasari
                        • May 2011

I can't answer that with positivity but the guys who've used it already said they make 10 days at a time and store the powder in the freezer.
                        Ok cool. Kane's shop is a pain in the ass to order from though. I'm not sure why he doesn't just set up a basic credit card payment system.

Comment

• Packard
                          • Mar 2015

The initial cost is quite high, a bit under US$300 + shipping, but this could last between 3 and 6 months so it is not too bad.
                          how is this 3-6months worth???

even if you're using only half of what you are so 10mg a day, that would still only last you 3 months with a gram of OC? please explain

Comment

• RU58841
                            • Mar 2015

Great guide, FearTheLoss.

Anybody trying this, please consider tracking your experience. Even just taking weekly or monthly notes about side effects would be hugely helpful. Only reason I'm not giving this a try right now is because I've been changing variables way too much and need to stick with something for a while. But I'll probably be trying this in a few months.

Questions for anyone who knows:

How was the 10-20mg dose determined?
                            Who else has reported good results other than kingofchimps?
                            When did OC first appear on Kane, and why hasn't it been tried more?

Comment

• Follisket
                              • Aug 2014

Excellent, thank you for this guide.
                              Also, does anyone by any chance know whether OC can be mixed with KB? I still have some left over from when I ordered RU and I'd like to try and save as much money as I can if I decide to give this a try.

Comment

Working...