Regarding use of finasteride - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Regarding use of finasteride

Hi, I'm a 26 year old South Asian guy, married recently. I have had slight diffuse thinning on my scalp, notably crown and front (just a little).

I'm really worried about losing hair and I recently started on Finasteride 0.5mg + 5% minoxidil. It's been 5 days so far and I'm experiencing a bit of testicular groin/perineum pain.

I have read all about the Side effects of Fin and I'm really worried about FPS, I can handle a bit of groin pain but I'm worried about long term effects.

Would love to hear from experienced long term Fine users, and if I should stop the drug asap

I could post my hair pics for assessment if required.

Congrats on getting married!!! Pls post pics of your hairloss so we can tell

Anyone on Finasteride with positive effects? With no sexual Or mental issues? Pls anyone?
    Ps I'll post pics soon

The only thing finasteride does is slow hair loss, its not worth the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    The only thing finasteride does is slow hair loss, its not worth the risks.
    Guess it's time for me to stop then. I am married, I don't want ED and loss of libido to mess that up. And as for my career, I can't afford to have brain fog/depression.

Any alternative to Fin?

Saw Palmetto is your best bet,(I take internally, and use hairmetto topically) boost your testosterone, lower DHT and estrogen, don't want man boobs.

A 2009 study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition found that an optimal dose of saw palmetto and astaxanthin decreased both DHT and estrogen while simultaneously increasing testosterone.6 Also, in order to block the synthesis of excess estrogen (estradiol) from testosterone there are excellent foods and plant extracts that may help to block the enzyme known as aromatase which is responsible producing estrogen. Some of these include white button mushrooms, grape seed extract and nettles.7

Testosterone is an androgenic sex hormone produced by the testicles (and in smaller amounts in women’s ovaries), and is often associated with “manhood.” Primarily, this hormone plays a great role in men’s sexual and reproductive function. It also contributes to their muscle mass, hair growth, maintaining bone density, red blood cell production, and emotional health.

Although testosterone is considered a male sex hormone, women, while having it at relatively low levels, are more sensitive to its effects.

While conventional medical thought stresses that testosterone is a catalyst for prostate cancer,1 even employing castration (orchiectomy) as a form of treatment, recent findings have shown otherwise.

The prostate gland requires testosterone for it to remain at optimal condition

Testosterone levels in men naturally decline with age – beginning at age 30(when most men lose hair) – and continue to do so as men advance in years.

Aging-induced testosterone decline is associated with the overactivity of an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase, which converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This process simultaneously decreases the amount of testosterone in men, putting them at risk for prostate enlargement, androgenic alopecia (hair loss) and cancer.

Sal Palmetto is good. But isn't the mechanism of action nearly the same as Fin?
    And What are the chances of me continuing with Fin for 1 month to see if I develop more sides?
    Or is that too huge of a risk to take?

One month personally does not seem long to screw it up. Grough back btw looks like a fraud as his pics barely make sense so I don't think u should trust him. Honestly propecia is ur choice and if u don't get sides u should continue.Propecia can also bring Back hair u lost before so it should be worth a shot.Ps u can try laser comb and nizoral and derma roller with wht ur currently using to boost hair quality

It's up to you, my thoughts are that your not going to get any sides with short term use, but what will happen if you take for a month or more and STOP, is that you will lose more hair than if you never started. The DHT will rebound and come back stronger. Anyone who has ever stopped use of fin has significant loss after recession. So you have to commit to long term use for it to make sense, and sides become more likely.

Comeback been here much longer than you, have been accused of being a fraud before and proven I'm not. Here's that thread.

GroughBack: Saw palmetto is natural, so there is no resistance buit up over time like fin, always better to try the natural route first. Ive yet to see results with fin, that I am getting with saw palmetto. Not sure why Jacito stepped on this...

Jackito: Maybe because I want to help this guy and give him some useful advice unlike your's that consists of telling every person to use 'saw palmetto and pumpkin seeds' which is going to do absolutely nothing to reverse his hairloss. You're implying that your saw palmetto and pumpkin seeds regime is better than a drug that has been approved by the FDA for hairloss

GroughBack: I am not implying Jackito, I have before and after photo's making this clear. find a before and after anywhere on the web, that looks like this from using fin and post it in this thread.

GroughBack: I have posted a study on another thread showing pumpkin seeds are 4 times as effective as fin. So yes. Telling someone to intentionally shrink their member, is not helpful, I could post this study too.

Jackito: He's reported no sides from fin so it's almost certain that he won't experience any on dut. Those pictures you've provided don't even look like the same people. The hair colour of both is different and the pictures have competeltly different setting.

Groughback: ok, Jackito, heres what I do: I spend time making Sh@t up and posting fake photo's on a site because its beneficial to me, not at all whats logical: This has worked for me, I'm excited, you would be too! and posting because it sucks going bald. The photo's are real, I assure you that I am so pathetic as to post fake photo's. Its real Jackito! We have different Ideas of what works, we both hope we're giving good advice......... and one of us posts photo's of our advice.

GroughBack: Btw you should try Taurine 4,000mg a day, it helps a lot! I block DHT with SP and you have fin. The Taurine strengthens the outer root sheath of the follicle, helping it to become less sensitive to what DHT can't be stopped.

GroughBack: here's one with the same background a few months ago (you can see I'm hiding bald spots that aren't there anymore) and the second makes very easy to tell its me

Jackito: Yes that's fair enough but there's many people on this site that try and promote their scam of a product.. not going to lie I thought you were one of them. Didn't you also mention that you were using finasteride? How do you know that finasteride isn't the main product behind the regrowth?

GroughBack: No, I never started rogaine or fin, the SP blocks a good enough percentage of DHT when used both topically and internal, the rest is by a combination of follicle protecting vitamins, the most important I think are Taurine 4,000mg and L-carnatine tartrate 1,000mg. I honestly think these two alone at these doses will grow back a significant amount of hair. They really are a helpful addition!

THREAD LINK: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...e-scared%21%21

Worried, The mechanism is not at all similar, in that saw palmetto lowers estrogen, and Finasteride raises estrogen (the female hormone) levels. the mechanism of something that interacts with estrogen can not be even close to the same, since they are opposites. One equals "man boobs", and loss of male characteristics personality wise, and one does not.