I'm changing from Finasteride and upping the juice to Dutasteride - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    20+ years.. wow that's incredible! What Norwood were you destined for if you don't mind me asking? As for your sex drive, are you sure some of that is not due to natural aging? Not to be demoralising but after all, you are 62 and how many people your age are sexually active.. not ****ing many is the answer so congratulations to still be hitting it with a head of hair. I'm surprised you're still taking this medication and especially DUT. I would've let the inevitable take its course at 50.
    I would say I was destined for a NW 5/6 with the typical Hippocratic horseshoe...I would try to chalk my lack of sex drive to natural aging but don't feel I can do that and be honest with myself. When I was on finasteride I always had a pretty strong sex drive,great performance and plenty of ejaculate volume. As soon as I started on Dutasteride things changed markedly in all departments and have remained that way. It was immediate and unmistakable. I can't really say that after a year now that the dutasteride is saving much hair and I am tempted to go back on finasteride and drop the dut as I want to have more sex drive. I think what happens is that as you age more and more follicles flip their little genetically set clock switches to the DHT sensitive on position and if there is so much as a molecule of DHT floating around it kills them off -so you can take all the DHT blockers you want and you are still gonna lose plenty of hair. All you have to do is get old and its inevitable unless you are/were Ronald Reagan. Yeah although I am well past 50 I hate giving up as I feel just like I did when I was 20. Hell I could be 92 and I would still be pissed off about losing my hair...Just me I guess.........................*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by markusbdc View Post
    I would say I was destined for a NW 5/6 with the typical Hippocratic horseshoe...I would try to chalk my lack of sex drive to natural aging but don't feel I can do that and be honest with myself. When I was on finasteride I always had a pretty strong sex drive,great performance and plenty of ejaculate volume. As soon as I started on Dutasteride things changed markedly in all departments and have remained that way. It was immediate and unmistakable. I can't really say that after a year now that the dutasteride is saving much hair and I am tempted to go back on finasteride and drop the dut as I want to have more sex drive. I think what happens is that as you age more and more follicles flip their little genetically set clock switches to the DHT sensitive on position and if there is so much as a molecule of DHT floating around it kills them off -so you can take all the DHT blockers you want and you are still gonna lose plenty of hair. All you have to do is get old and its inevitable unless you are/were Ronald Reagan. Yeah although I am well past 50 I hate giving up as I feel just like I did when I was 20. Hell I could be 92 and I would still be pissed off about losing my hair...Just me I guess.........................*sigh*
    You're definitely not the only one in the position! I'm scared of starting the drug because I'm the same.. if it works and I see results I don't think I'd ever be able to withdrawn myself from it. At your age women won't give a toss about hair loss, more than 50% of males your age will be bald and to be honest, to last over 20 years on finasteride I doubt your hair loss is even that aggressive. You're obviously not going to keep a lot of it because everyone's hair thins at your age. My grandfather had the thickest head of hair all throughout his life and then as soon as he hit his 60's he started to thin. It's a natural process of aging.

Balding isn't inevitable as you age. Check out Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger - old guys with young heads of hair. And young girlfriends of course.

Dear spex
    Plz update

Quote Originally Posted by zurich View Post
    Balding isn't inevitable as you age. Check out Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger - old guys with young heads of hair. And young girlfriends of course.
    Oh trust me - it is inevitable if you have the baldness gene (unlike those two)....

Spexxxxxx
    Updateeeee
    Pleaseeeeee

double post

Hi ! Sorry I've not updated - Ive been manic busy. I am happy to report DUT and i have got on very well. Ive not experienced anything but positives, no sides and i feel my hair generally is better and crown holding well with possibly little boost to it. Im continuing with it.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thanks for the update. Any pics?

Nothing really to show via a pic but here you go
    Regards
    Spex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-1.jpg

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	53872  
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.