X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiwi
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bigentries
    How convenient

Replicel presents bad results and suddenly Histogen is going release more information.

Really good timing considering that everyone know they got at least some success and the expectations are really low at the moment
    Dream on.

I've been reading TBT site for years. Histogen has a head start on RepliCel by at least 3 or 4 years.

If anything its more fool RepliCel for releasing their not so amazing data weeks before Histogen are about to present their Phase 2 three month data at a public event. Of course you can't blame RepliCel for trying and I sincerely hope both products come to market sooner rather then later!!

Comment

• jpm
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by PvH
      so we officially back on histogen? lol

I was never off the Histogen Bandwagon lol. I've long thought they were the best bet.

They were always ahead of Replicel and had results that were really good long before Replicel released their less than good results.

Histogen is looking like the first product to market that will be successful. I don't know of any problems they have had with their actual technology, that bloody lawsuit set them back time and money though!!! Grrrrrr.

I believe Aderans has problems with angle of hair growth....

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

If only famous people donated to Histogen, plenty of celebs going bald who want their hair. Cmon people, drop some mula on a good cause :P

Either way, with Histogen's results, funding won't be an issue.. I just hope they will come out with even better results. I want to ask Gail Naughton some questions, does she actually respond to emails? What is her email?

Comment

• Latitude
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by tizzle
          @latitude

i dont think the regrowth is based on the haircount you still have. The technology should kind of reactivate the "dead" follicels too so i guess its a % of the hair you once had before mpb (and its not 100%, that would be too good to be true )

Thanks Tizzle - Makes sense, if that is the case I do stand corrected.

I would be more than happy to get back 50% of what I've lost to date

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jpm
            I believe Aderans has problems with angle of hair growth....
            Why is this a problem when a hair transplant surgeon can correct the angle?

Comment

• Tacola
              • Dec 2011

Does anyone know which one of the days that Histogen will present the news? I saw that the meeting took place from the 9th until the 12th.

How I wish that there will be good news this time!!!!!!

Comment

• gmonasco
                Inactive
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                Why is this a problem when a hair transplant surgeon can correct the angle?
                It's hardly efficacious to have a treatment to regrow hair that requires those regrown hairs to be individually dug out of your scalp and reseated at a proper angle.

Comment

• gmonasco
                  Inactive
                  • Apr 2010

Increased terminal hairs were seen in the entire region within the 4 injection sites supporting the hypothesis that HSC stimulated resting and miniaturizing follicles to increase terminal hair growth.
                  Note carefully that this passage does not claim that HSC is producing any new hair growth. It only talks about stimulating "resting and miniaturizing follicles."

Comment

• BoSox
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by gmonasco
                    "resting and miniaturizing follicles."
                    This confuses me, I thought they discovered hair follicles are shrunken down, microscopic , but still there. Shouldn't treatments restore these follicles back?

Comment

• tizzle
                      • Apr 2012

just to clarify:

Exclusive interview with Histogen Inc. CEO and Founder Dr. Gail Naughton: HSC Trial Shows Continued Significant Hair Growth at One Year Follow-up Histogen to present one year clinical trial data at Society for Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting SAN DIEGO, April 13, 2010 – Histogen, Inc., a regenerative medicine company developing solutions based on the products...

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me

Comment

• john2399
                        • Jan 2012

just to clarify:

Exclusive interview with Histogen Inc. CEO and Founder Dr. Gail Naughton: HSC Trial Shows Continued Significant Hair Growth at One Year Follow-up Histogen to present one year clinical trial data at Society for Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting SAN DIEGO, April 13, 2010 – Histogen, Inc., a regenerative medicine company developing solutions based on the products...

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me
                        You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.

Comment

• jpm
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                          You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.
                          I'm a nw 1.5/2 thinning slowly, I'm on fin so I'm hoping I can keep it this way till Histogen comes out in a few years. I hope I'm a good candidate

Comment

• Jan 2012

73% growth was from this one subject ONLY:

the rest of the subjects didn't have such massive growth, altough Histogen said that after one year, EVERYONE'S hair count improved....

Comment

• gmonasco
                              Inactive
                              • Apr 2010

Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by gmonasco
                                Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.
                                ^ that's more likely.....

Histogen is not in the business of actually CLONING hair, it just works with what you got

Comment

Working...