+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well what picture did you have on facebook? Did it show you have hairloss?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Sure, just dont tell her you like her. Get chatty, flirt a bit, then ask her out. By that dont do "I like you lets hang out", rather "hey lets check out x thing together"
    I see what your saying, I thought about that for one millisecond and was like no I can't be bothered with that, I see some guys click the 'like' button on her photos, or post 'looking hot'. I could have done that but thought no I'll just write a decent written message asking how she is etc, and if she would be interested in meeting up. I was also concerned that if I tried having conversations with her before I told her I liked her that she may not be that communicative and just blow my confidence and I'd never be able to ask her out.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Well what picture did you have on facebook? Did it show you have hairloss?
    Yepp.

I am also doing an experiment at the moment, I have joined a dating site, but not officially a member on it so not paying anything but you get updates everyday of who has favorited you and I had a bald pic of me up for a month and I got a whole massive 1 favourite. I have no put a pic up of me with a hat on and I have already got a favourite after just a few days.......

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I see what your saying, I thought about that for one millisecond and was like no I can't be bothered with that, I see some guys click the 'like' button on her photos, or post 'looking hot'. I could have done that but thought no I'll just write a decent written message asking how she is etc, and if she would be interested in meeting up. I was also concerned that if I tried having conversations with her before I told her I liked her that she may not be that communicative and just blow my confidence and I'd never be able to ask her out.
    By telling her that you like her, puts her:

a) on the spot
    and
    b) does not separate you from the other guys who call her hot.

At least by getting to know her a bit there is a chance you may grow onto her. Womens feelings are volatile like this.

Well when you are trying to ask a woman out you should definetly do it in person. Not over a facebook, SMS, email or a letter. Why?
    Well it is not personal and the woman in question can judge you over your looks alone.
    Sure some women will turn you down because of the MPBB, some will not. But if you are a good guy and have a good character then in person you can atleast make it hard for them.

Not to mention that you can watch her reactions, body language and eye contact which can tell you a lot.

Sausage I am in the same position as you are. Since my hair loss started I haven't even tried. You at least tried.
    I had horrible luck with women before my hair loss so hair loss just made it worse.
    But who knows maybe both of us will get lucky some day. And the only way to do that is try. And you tried...

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Yepp.

I am also doing an experiment at the moment, I have joined a dating site, but not officially a member on it so not paying anything but you get updates everyday of who has favorited you and I had a bald pic of me up for a month and I got a whole massive 1 favourite. I have no put a pic up of me with a hat on and I have already got a favourite after just a few days.......
    OkCupid is free. And actually fairly fun to use. I had a little luck with that back in the day, balding and all. Give it a shot. Heck, even if it doesn't work out (which it might not if you're not in a big enough area), at least you didn't pay a dime.

Default girls

not getting girls is also my biggest fear, until now girls even came up to me

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Of course it was fail. If you don't ask right away, you will fail for sure.

>asking girl out on Facebook - beta as fukk

That's what you get for being a beta male.

No, if you were attractive she would respond positively to your Facebook message. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

Yes, I know that feel. The best way to counter this is by deleting yourself from Facebook.

Remember, social sites are only worth if you are good looking. You need to grow some hair, improve your looks and then come back as a phoenix from ashes.

She will not tell the truth. Women are liars like that. She will tell that she isn't looking for another person right now, while if you contact her from a male model pic, she will be ready to jump on his **** in a heartbeat (don't believe me, try it). It's all because of your looks bro, something you can't control. Just embrace life of involuntary celibacy.
    You're like the baldtruth prophet, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Well when you are trying to ask a woman out you should definetly do it in person. Not over a facebook, SMS, email or a letter. Why?
    Well it is not personal and the woman in question can judge you over your looks alone.
    Sure some women will turn you down because of the MPBB, some will not. But if you are a good guy and have a good character then in person you can atleast make it hard for them.

Not to mention that you can watch her reactions, body language and eye contact which can tell you a lot.

Sausage I am in the same position as you are. Since my hair loss started I haven't even tried. You at least tried.
    I had horrible luck with women before my hair loss so hair loss just made it worse.
    But who knows maybe both of us will get lucky some day. And the only way to do that is try. And you tried...
    Well as I have said several times, I had no option but to ask her out on a date via Facebook.

I have had a long term relationship whilst balding but that was in the early stages but still clearly had a receded hairline, since then I had some interest from some girls I knew but nothing really happend as one just wanted sex the other I didn't fancy and since then I have become more reclusive cos my hairs got worse but I am trying to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    By telling her that you like her, puts her:

a) on the spot
    and
    b) does not separate you from the other guys who call her hot.

At least by getting to know her a bit there is a chance you may grow onto her. Womens feelings are volatile like this.
    I already knew her from working with her, but I just hadn't seen her for years.
    I am happy with going straight in and just asking to meet up, thats fine, game over now anyway...

One thing that I think is very true though, 'simply telling sum1 u like them can make them like u' I heard this the other day and it reminded me of my school days when a girl fancied me but I did not like her, she was not very good looking but she persisted for months and simply cos of the fact that she liked me, made me feel good about myself and eventually I gave in because of that....

So I can still chat to her now and again on Facebook, be a bit flirty and u never know she might change her mind in a few months. I am not going to bet on it but who knows. If a hairloss cure come out then I would have thought I'd be in with a chance.