+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetfly View Post
    Sorry mate, but there is no chance to restore your hairline to a nw1, even a nw2 with 1500 grafts with your current hairline. I bet, to fully restore your hairline you would have to use almost all of your donor hair.

My advice? Get a hair piece.
    You can start to consider a ht when you are in your 30's.
    I think I'd use fin before I wore a hair piece. I don't think I'd consier a HT after I'm 30+. Having no hair wouldn't matter to me by that point. No offense to those 30+ considering a HT. All the people around me would already know me for having no hair and suddenly having hair would be obvious of a HT and what's the point? It'd be different if I lived in a big city where I don't know anyone and never saw the same people every day. Thats just MO on that.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.p...pictureid=2466

See here's a guy who has more loss than me. This is more of what I'm going for. I know he used over 3000 grafts, but I don't think I'd want to transplant this aggressive of a hairline either. I think I could live with being back to NW2 because you can make that look like a full head.

I don't see where you guys are getting that I'm a NW 4 or 5?! I was thinking more of a 3. See here is my hair dry
    Attached Images

Your heading to advanced loss, if you don't want to get on fin I wouldn't get a hair transplant.

You're not NW4-5 now, but you will be in the near future if you don't start treating your loss. If you can stay where you are at now by using fin/minox, then and only then do you have a shot at going the HT route.

1500 grafts wont cut it either...I'm very confused as to why the HT doc you went to actually agreed to such a small amount of grafts on a young patient who has not even stabilized their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Your heading to advanced loss, if you don't want to get on fin I wouldn't get a hair transplant.
    Do you think being on minoxidil and nizoral would do about the same for me as being on finsteride? And could finasteride potentially restore some of the hair I've lost?

I'm just scared of the sides of finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Do you think being on minoxidil and nizoral would do about the same for me as being on finsteride? And could finasteride potentially restore some of the hair I've lost?

I'm just scared of the sides of finasteride.
    No neither of those are going to do what fin will. You have what looks like a lot of miniaturization which is good if you get on fin because it could reverse a lot of that. I understand being scared, it's something you're going to have to really think about. I just don't think very many people are candidates for a hair transplant if they're not willing to get on fin long term. There really is no replacement for your natural hair, if you get a transplant now and lose the rest of your hair, which seems likely, you will be completely screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    No neither of those are going to do what fin will. You have what looks like a lot of miniaturization which is good if you get on fin because it could reverse a lot of that. I understand being scared, it's something you're going to have to really think about. I just don't think very many people are candidates for a hair transplant if they're not willing to get on fin long term. There really is no replacement for your natural hair, if you get a transplant now and lose the rest of your hair, which seems likely, you will be completely screwed.
    I seem to remember my doctor saying he would not use the HT to replant an agressive hairline but instead reinforce what I already have and give me a slightly better hairline then I have but nothing aggressive. I could live with that I think because with my head shape I think it would give the "appearance" of a full head. I think he also hinted towards medications too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    If I wanted a buzzed hair style I would do it. But I don't want that hairstyle. I want my long hair back like I had when I was a sophomore in high school. I'm 6'2" and weight 145 lbs soaking wet, I have huge ears too. I would look goofy as hell with a shaved head. The thing is, with hair, I'm male model material, but without hair I look like total shit..
    That will never happen , even with a HT
    No doctor can do that for you .

Hmm. Why do you say that? You guys are saying my loss is that bad? Golly, its not like I'm totally bald on top. Just a receding hair line. You guys are saying I'm a NW5? No way! That would mean I'm almost totally bald on top! I'm not totally bald. There's no way I'm any worse than a NW3. If hair transplantation is like you guys are saying, then its useless and a waste.

I remember my doctor saying that he would reinforce my current hairline as well as give me more of a "mature" hairline as he called it. I DO remember him hinting towards medication as well to which I believe I told him I was not interested in taking medication long term. But my visit with him was last year so I can't remember it all, and it might be worth while to schedule another consultation and discuss with him exactly what you guys are telling me. But taking into consideration what y'all are saying, I might be warming up to the idea of fin.

I'm currently using over the counter Nizoral and Rogaine. That regimen won't maintain my current hair? Why should I have to use finasteride? I'm not being a smartass I would just like to know.

Rogaine does nothing to stop the balding process. It basically buys you a bit of time, thats all.

Fin can slow down or stop the balding process. Like it has been stated above you are heading for advanced loss. You need to stabilize that loss first before you even think about an HT.

You never know, you could be a non responder on fin and rogaine or get side effects and end up losing more hair in the coming years. There is a lot of uncertainty involved. But your best chance is fin/dut and rogaine to stabalize, give it a year or two.