+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    My bad, turns out my surgeon is not IAHRS registered. Apologies.

I'm dissapointed people are trying to guess the surgeon, when i've mentioned in numerous posts that i don't want to mention it yet.
    I truly understand what you mean Folly and yet I hope you understand that some people in your area of the world do not want the same thing happen to them and want to avoid that clinic or doctor.

You sure have been through alot and glad that you found a community here that is safe to share your expereince and feelings.

I only wish you the very best in getting some resolve friend.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks Gillenator. I always feel better after reading your posts !!

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Man, I just noticed this reply because it was posted more than a month after I made my original post. I don't know if you mean any offense or not, but don't ****in tell me you wanna slap some sense into me or I need to "man up". That is total bullshit, especially since you don't know me at all. You're frankly full of shit when you make comments like that.
    I never wanted to be a billionaire or bang tons of hot chicks; I was simply trying to make the point that good things happen to bad people and vice versa with no rhyme or reason whatsoever. And guess what, I go to the gym all the time (I'm lifelong power-lifter currently at 240 pounds) and I'm always mindful or how I dress and shit like that, but attractive women really do look down upon baldness. If this wasn't the case, then hair restoration would not be a 3 billion dollar industry. Hair plays a huge part in a person's attractiveness, confidence, quality of life, and overall well-being.
    Sure people have other burdens in life like being born into hunger, poverty, etc. and no one ever argued that these were less serious than hair loss. But that does not mean that hair loss is not a huge emotional burden as well. Sure it may not be as extreme as being physically disabled, but it's still an emotional burden and "a silent epidemic of biblical proportions", as Spencer so aptly puts it. I think that's why Spencer even created the American Hair Loss Association, this message board, and devoted his life to helping people with hair loss: because hair loss IS so emotionally devastating and is a "disease of the spirit".
    I'm even looking at your hair loss situation right now and it is not that bad and does not even fall into a Norwood category. I'm wondering if you would feel the same way if you were a Norwood 5 or so (thankfully I'm not close to being there yet). Hell, when I was still a Norwood 2 or so, I still felt that I looked good and I could disguise my hair loss pretty well. Back then I wasn't nearly as depressed as I am with my hair loss, and I certainly didn't view it as a disease at all. But when I lost even more hair, I started to feel much differently. I really think you'd feel differently too if your hair loss continued past the point that you're already at.
    Depressedbyhairloss.... I agree with your comments and good luck to you with this journey

I dnt think the other guy meant to offend you though, take it easy..

Hey guys, check the pics out. It's a transplanted hair that came out from my hairline, when i was running my hands through my hair. It's around 2.5 inches long, so it has been growing for a few months. It's very crinkled, which i've been told is due to trauma and will staighten out eventually. However, the top 1 inch of the hair is perfectly straight, but the rest is crinkled down to the root. The root looks a little funny though (see pic). Should i be worried a transplanted hair has come out in this fashion, after a few monhts of growing? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Crinkled.jpg

Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	13908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Root 1.jpg

Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	13909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Root 2.jpg

Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	13910   Click image for larger version

Name:	transplanted hair 1.jpg

Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	13911  

Thanks Gillenator. I always feel better after reading your posts !!
    Hey Folly, you're welcome. That's because genuinely well intended people who truly care about other people seem to have this connection, even spiritual at times.

Listen my friend, I know that you have been through alot and I sincerely want you to know, this includes FDR and I'm probably forgetting more, to feel free to email me so I can give you my phone number or I can call you too if that works better for you. We can potentially get more dialogue in than typing long posts if you know what i mean.

I always wish you the best man...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hey guys, check the pics out. It's a transplanted hair that came out from my hairline, when i was running my hands through my hair. It's around 2.5 inches long, so it has been growing for a few months. It's very crinkled, which i've been told is due to trauma and will staighten out eventually. However, the top 1 inch of the hair is perfectly straight, but the rest is crinkled down to the root. The root looks a little funny though (see pic). Should i be worried a transplanted hair has come out in this fashion, after a few monhts of growing? Thanks.
    What an awesome pic! Definitely a transplanted hair. No need to worry though because anyone can pluck a hair and that is usually when the root bulb shows. Sometimes patients get confused and think this tiny white/greyish bulb is the hair follicle. It is not the follicle. That's why no need to worry, a new hair shaft should be coming in the next cycle.

But you did not pluck this hair right? You found it as you said?
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Hey Gillenator,

Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    But you did not pluck this hair right? You found it as you said?
    No dude, i didn't pluck it. Was just running my hands through my hairline and it came out.