+ Reply to Thread

Default 23 nw6 & comments

Hey.

Male

balding from 19yrs to present.
    People comment on it every day. I get called gay (no offense), bald, and weird. I used to be great looking and had so much potential. I worked every second for it, and enjoyed what I put into my life. Now, it's backwards.
    What can I do?

Eat healthier?
    I have a prescription for proscar and tablets downstairs. Can't get a hair transplant unless I take the meds. Don't want side effects.

So, impressions?

Default Hi there

Someone once told me its either genetics or bad luck when it comes to hair loss, sounds like you have a bit of both... but not all hope is lost , really try and tough it out for a few more years, I'm in the same boat as you , young and feeling old because of hair loss... wearing a cap everyday and really trying not to think about it . There are new treatments on the rise , and really skilled surgeons out there that can help . I have a really good feeling that in the next 5-10 years there will be something out there for even Extreme cases of MPB . I know 5-10 years sounds like a long time especially for us 25 year olds, I had a really difficult time with it so far, lost a girlfriend , social life and much more just from losing hair...vanity is a bitch. All I can say is hang in there, work out , eat healthy and get smart, because I know in my heart one day soon you and I will have a beautiful full head of hair once again .

I am taking proscar m/w/f 1.25mg with absolutely no side effects and have noticed less shedding , its been about 6 months now. So i figure if i was going to have a side effect I would have had it by now . To be honest, I am on a anti deppressent as well , which i started about 2 months ago and I guess i am one of the lucky ones, because I am in high spirits again , even though i'm going bald. sounds pretty unbelievable , but its true. Just be a good person and good things will happen to you . BELIEVE my friend!

Take care
    J

Quote Originally Posted by Smega View Post
    So, impressions?
    Hello,

If you are unwilling or unable to take medication to slow down, stop or reverse your hereditary hair loss, you need to learn how to accept that you will be bald and enjoy your life anyways.

BTW, you posted this in the women's hair loss section.

Didn't notice. Thanks, for that.

I've decided I'm going to cure it in 10 years, if there is no adequate and safe cure by then.

Just noticed the new women's forum also, enjoy! I'll report this to the mods, and have it moved.