+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fin shed

Default Fin shed

I am currently experience a massive shed over the entire of my hair particularly on top. Talking about 25% less coverage maybe more in less than 3 months, general diffuse thinning.

Currently in my 7th momth of taking fin, quarter tablet a day. All was good up until about 3 months ago and i could tell it was definutely halting the hairloss. Now, im not so sure.

From what i have read on this site it falls into the same pattern of the propecia shed most other guys taking it have experienced. But none of them seem to have posted much other than in "their darkest hour" when they have been shedding, is this a good sign? That the shedding has stopped and they have experienced regrowth, therefore not needed to post further.

If anyone has experienced this and has any follow up from the shedding period, for example length of shed and hair regrowth after and how long this took would really help ease my worries.

I am greatly concerned with the amount i am shedding all seems to be very miniturized hairs from all over my head, including scalp inflammation and dandruff.

currently on fin, minox 5% (just daily as difficult to applytwice a day) and nizoral.

And for those of you interested i Will try and not be one of those guys who doesnt follow this up without an update.

Im still shedding alot and im on my 10th month of taking fin.

Alot = like over 60 hair lost/shower

Quote Originally Posted by oOKawaiiOo View Post
    Im still shedding alot and im on my 10th month of taking fin.

Alot = like over 60 hair lost/shower
    did you notice in the first few weeks hair was more stronger and anchored to the scalp/less hair shedding when showering or combing hair?

I have realised i have worked it out wrong, i am
    Pretty sure i should be on my 9/10th month. Loosing track of months. Off bk to my doctor tomorrow for some advice on it so will confirm then. Still shedding bt no way near as mch as a weak ago but i havent got much left to shed.

As i said, it completely cut down on the shedding until 2/3 months ago. Hair looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    did you notice in the first few weeks hair was more stronger and anchored to the scalp/less hair shedding when showering or combing hair?
    Its been consistent. Like right now if i was to run my hands thru my long dark hair.....I could probably pull out 3 hair easily without having pain. When I comb my hair I lose about 15 more hair. Im starting to think propecia has no effect on me!!!! because I dont have any side effects

Im in the same boat. No sides jst shedding and my hair is very thin throughout now. I started taking it to avoid getting to this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
    Im in the same boat. No sides jst shedding and my hair is very thin throughout now. I started taking it to avoid getting to this stage.
    do you notice a dandruffy/itch scalp?

Quite a lot of dandruff and yes itching

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
    Quite a lot of dandruff and yes itching
    you are on your 9/10 month, from what i read, propecia takes about 12 months to have its effect, others will tell you to stick with it and this is just a normal "shed" and to jus "ride it out" but my opinion is different and the oppposite.
    speak to your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    you are on your 9/10 month, from what i read, propecia takes about 12 months to have its effect, others will tell you to stick with it and this is just a normal "shed" and to jus "ride it out" but my opinion is different and the oppposite.
    speak to your doctor.
    Yeh he just said "ride it out". He Wasnt aware of a shed but hes only got like 3 patients on it so......