I don’t think my result is going to be good - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    Awesome! That's progress. A lot of the haircare journey is trial and error in terms of what works for our own specific scalps/bodies. I can't tell you how many products I've found out I'm allergic to over the years and have had to stop using and try something else. Hopefully this will settle the redness down enough that you can do a uniform buzz all over.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
    Thanks! Yeah, the whole shampoo thing is new to me. It has been years since I had enough hair to shampoo -- I always had it buzzed and didn't have to worry about it. A whole new experience for sure haha...

I’m 3 days short of hitting 12 weeks, so thought I would update with my latest photo.
    From what I have read on various forums, the real growth starts from week 12, so here’s hoping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D838D007-1D99-4F9D-AADF-39810BA7A7C7.jpg

Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	60295   Click image for larger version

Name:	FAA29062-DD1A-4B86-9375-56AB5FA4FB62.jpg

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	60296  

Day 101!
    One photo straight out the shower. One photo of it dry.

Name:	4E34F156-30EC-4981-8FCC-25ED7CD925BF.jpg

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	60700   Click image for larger version

Name:	2A74A6AD-D7C8-4F37-8216-C7BB767819A7.jpg

Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	60701  

Quote Originally Posted by C1982 View Post
    Day 101!
    One photo straight out the shower. One photo of it dry.
    I'm sorry to say but I don't believe you are going to get the results you were hoping for.

You were essentially looking to rebuild the frontal 3rd (perhaps more) of your hairline.

2,000 grafts is far to few. You would need something closer to 3,500-4,000 in my view.

It looks too spaced out with no defined hairline.

Now a lot of people might say it's early and wait and see-- and there is some small merit in that. However, based on what I see and the number of graffs, etc. I would not be confident.

Now everyone is different, but below are images from my 3,700 graft procedure.

I started seeing growth at 3 months-- by 6 months, the entire third had grown in and lined up nicely with what I saw in the immediate post op picks before the transplanted hair fell out and went in to a resting phase.

At 3 months, it was still a little patchy but grew in rapidly.

So bottom line give it a little more time but I truly believe you're going to need at least another 2,500 graft session, perhaps more, from a good surgeon-- don't be afraid to travel. And don't go cheap.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 11.00.28 AM.jpg

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	60702  

Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    I'm sorry to say but I don't believe you are going to get the results you were hoping for.

You were essentially looking to rebuild the frontal 3rd (perhaps more) of your hairline.

2,000 grafts is far to few. You would need something closer to 3,500-4,000 in my view.

It looks too spaced out with no defined hairline.

Now a lot of people might say it's early and wait and see-- and there is some small merit in that. However, based on what I see and the number of graffs, etc. I would not be confident.

Now everyone is different, but below are images from my 3,700 graft procedure.

I started seeing growth at 3 months-- by 6 months, the entire third had grown in and lined up nicely with what I saw in the immediate post op picks before the transplanted hair fell out and went in to a resting phase.

At 3 months, it was still a little patchy but grew in rapidly.

So bottom line give it a little more time but I truly believe you're going to need at least another 2,500 graft session, perhaps more, from a good surgeon-- don't be afraid to travel. And don't go cheap.
    Appreciate your input Hal. Do you have larger photos and/or photos of your full results? My baldness pattern was similar to yours, but further apart on top. I'm 2 1/2 months post FUT / 3100 and really happy with the growth so far (I know it's early, but maybe I had a fewer percentage of follicles go dormant). Not sure what I could reasonably expect going forward and sounds like you're very happy. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jconley View Post
    Appreciate your input Hal. Do you have larger photos and/or photos of your full results? My baldness pattern was similar to yours, but further apart on top. I'm 2 1/2 months post FUT / 3100 and really happy with the growth so far (I know it's early, but maybe I had a fewer percentage of follicles go dormant). Not sure what I could reasonably expect going forward and sounds like you're very happy. Thanks!
    Here you go-- these were taken tonight-- no product of any kind in the hair and no special combing or anything.

I have been very happy with my results-- Dr. Ron Shapiro out of Minnesota did the work. Great guy!

I wanted hair to frame my face and didn't want to be seen as "the bald guy" when I walked in to a room. While I don't have movie star hair, I have met my goals and believe I have an age appropriate hairline (55 years old). So I am satisfied!

Hang in there with your growth phase--keep updating with images if you don't mind. I believe the next few months will tell the tale. And if you need another session somewhere down the road, so be it. You'll get there.

Hal

Name:	Hair 1-7-19.jpg

Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	60705  

Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    Here you go-- these were taken tonight-- no product of any kind in the hair and no special combing or anything.

I have been very happy with my results-- Dr. Ron Shapiro out of Minnesota did the work. Great guy!

I wanted hair to frame my face and didn't want to be seen as "the bald guy" when I walked in to a room. While I don't have movie star hair, I have met my goals and believe I have an age appropriate hairline (55 years old). So I am satisfied!

Hang in there with your growth phase--keep updating with images if you don't mind. I believe the next few months will tell the tale. And if you need another session somewhere down the road, so be it. You'll get there.

Hal
    Wow, looks fantastic! Congrats on your success. I'll try get some pics up soon.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by jconley View Post
    Wow, looks fantastic! Congrats on your success. I'll try get some pics up soon.
    JConley - I encourage you to start your own thread. There seems to be some confusion (on my part at least! Lol) as to who's responding to who and whose questions are being answered. This started as a thread by C1982, so let's keep this focused on him and his questions regarding his journey. If you have specific questions about your own process, start a new thread with your photos, background, and where you are in terms of your HT/hair loss and the community will be more than happy to chime in.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    JConley - I encourage you to start your own thread. There seems to be some confusion (on my part at least! Lol) as to who's responding to who and whose questions are being answered. This started as a thread by C1982, so let's keep this focused on him and his questions regarding his journey. If you have specific questions about your own process, start a new thread with your photos, background, and where you are in terms of your HT/hair loss and the community will be more than happy to chime in.

I wasn't trying to change the subject to discuss me, I was just answering the post that I was quoted in. I apologize, I won't post about myself again in this thread.

16 weeks today.
    One photo in the light, one without the light.
    Not sure whether I’m currently happy with it or not.
    Time will tell.
    Onwards....

Name:	BBD9DA9E-A745-4394-B518-009E2CDFD8FE.jpg

Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	60858   Click image for larger version

Name:	FD2C01D1-3B62-4BCE-9E06-8939C65FEC01.jpg

Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	60859