Advice on hair transplant - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice on hair transplant

I am scheduled to get 1300 fue grafts in a couple of weeks and am just wondering if there is anybody out there that was in a similar case. I am 24 years old and have been on finasteride for 1.5 years now. Hair loss has seemed to stop since I have started finasteride. I am not looking to get a new hairline as much as I would like to add density to the hairline I have currently. Is this a reasonable expectation?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CD3FB7F2-B93C-4D62-9FA9-725EEC8F7918.jpg

Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	60745   Click image for larger version

Name:	37EFA2FB-3FE7-4D92-BC61-FC6BF3E10A8B.jpg

Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	60746   Click image for larger version

Name:	9285C524-52A8-42CB-9EAA-B031F1E49392.jpg

Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	60747  

Hi there,

Who’s your chosen surgeon / clinic ?

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Inactive

You are fairly young and the hair loss is relatively substantial for your age. For that reason, you really want to make sure that you're choosing a fantastic surgeon who is taking all of this into account when coming up with your game plan. Do you feel confident in your research and that you covered all your bases when looking for a surgeon? How many surgeons did you meet with? Did they all consider you to be a good candidate, or were they inconsistent? What is the ultimate game plan and what did the doctor say in regards to any concerns about your age/level of hair loss?

Whether or not you're setting yourself up to win is quite a complicated situation - and the above questions would be a start in making sure you're on the right track.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I’m scheduled with dr. Allan parungao out of Chicago with Bosley. He is the only surgeon I met with and he didn’t seem to concerned with age based off the fact that I’m no trying to lower my hairline and that my hair loss has been halted/slowed down significantly.

Inactive

Hi Alvin - I highly encourage you to do a lot more research before moving forward. This is not a decision you want to take lightly, and I have concerns about what appears to be extremely minimal research and a lack of understanding of the risks at stake by not making an incredibly informed decision.

In terms of the doctor you're choosing, there is always a chance that he's credible and capable of doing a good job. However, as a general rule, places like Bosley are not where I would recommend you looking. This isn't to say anything negative about this particular doctor (of which I admittedly know nothing about), but there are far too many high quality, credible surgeons out there with impeccable reputations for you to not do your due diligence and research, research, research. Bosley is a massive chain and people are drawn to them because of the name recognition - but it's not the individual surgeons that they are drawn to, and for that reason alone, it makes it more of a crapshoot. If at the end of doing extensive research, speaking to former patients, getting several recommendations, etc. you still feel like this is the best doctor for you, then by all means, go for it. But at the moment, the decision seems quite premature.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Does anybody have any reviews on Dr. Allan Parungao? I’ve been finding it very difficult to find anything good or bad on him. Anything would be of great help to me!!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin23 View Post
    Does anybody have any reviews on Dr. Allan Parungao? I’ve been finding it very difficult to find anything good or bad on him. Anything would be of great help to me!!
    This is part of the reason places like Bosley are difficult to vouch for. They have so many doctors across countless clinics, so it's difficult to keep track of all of them - and therefore makes doing proper research on an individual surgeon quite difficult. If you're really set on using Bosley, I would suggest you ask to see his portfolio and also to be put in touch with former patients of his. Another option, as I mentioned before, is to really broaden your horizons and look into specific surgeons and not limit yourself to researching this one surgeon. The list of IAHRS surgeons is a good place to start.

Hi Alvin23,

I think you need to know How to care about hair. You must read to this article or you can find the best hair extension products.

Thumbs up

nice sharing

Hi Alvin23, how did the transplant go? Do you have pictures? I also plan on seeing Dr Parungao. Is he legit? Thanks!