+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Couple of questions

Hello... I'm new to this forum and please don't be harsh on me for some questions that might sound stupid to some...

Anyway, my story... I'm 24 years old... I used to be model but not anymore... but my future job and success could be very infuenced with my looks... and that's why I need to give my best to keep it.

Anyway, 4 months ago my hairstylist said that he thinks I'm thinning at crown... I can't explain what kind of rush of fear went through my body and almost every day since then I spent hours researching about hairloss and what can I do to regrow and keep it full. At first I was like ''ONLY NATURAL''... later ''Minoxidil will do trick and NO FIN'' and now I'm like ''Guess finasteride horror stories are trully rare ones''.

I believe that most of people who are happy with finasteride stay away from forums trying to forget they had any problems with hair, right?

I spent many days asking people around what do they think about my hair... other hairstylist think that I'm overreacting and that I don't have signs and that my head is full of hair... I went to 2 dermatologist... first one said that I don't have androgenic alopecia and that it might be because skin is too tight at that area...other dermatologist said that it's probably earliest stage... she prescribed me some shampoo, vitamins and some minoxid 2% (haven't started any)... I asked about finasteride but she said it's too early... could it be too early?

I also had iron deficiency for quite some time because stupid diets I was using trying to get perfect body and my hair IS slightly better I THINK since first notice....

My plan is to search some other dermatologist in my country... and then I will give my last decision about finasteride (preferably proscar). My opinion about minoxidil is that it's like some sort of taken freedom. Like if I want to take some sun and dive into the sea, I have to wait at least 4 hours??

IMO... if I have alopecia I think it's not that agressive and that it's developing slowly for now...

I googled a lot but I would like direct answers to my questions...
    1.What's your suggestion on how to keep track on sides? In that small chance if I get any, should I continue or give up imidiately? (THO I PRAY I'M HAPPY MAJORITY)
    2.Approximately for how long can I expect finateride to give satisfying results? Is it true that some people even after 15 years of using it keept good results? (ALSO PRAYS I WILL GET MAXIMUM OF IT)
    3.It's not about your body to get used to finasteride, it's about that level of DHT is getting higher and higher as you age, right?
    4.What do you do when finasteride is not that much effective? You make higher dose? And later get on Avodart or what's it called?
    5.Treatment shed... could it be cosmetically too much obvious? I want to be prepared and not freak out...

Thank you for your time, I would be trully greatful if some of you give some advices

Quote Originally Posted by iHope View Post
    IMO... if I have alopecia I think it's not that agressive and that it's developing slowly for now...
    There are several types of alopecia. The most common for men and women is androgenetic alopecia, also called Male Patterned Baldness - or Female Patterned Hair Loss. The thing about androgenetic alopecia is that it does not matter how aggressive it is once it starts. Once triggered into action it does not stop. It may pickup and become more aggressive - or it may slow down for a while. Either way, it continues for the rest of your life. If you can manage to stop it before it gets going, that would be a really good thing for you. Thinning in the crown and/or mid-anterior are prime indicators for males that androgeneic alopecia has been triggered into action. For women it's not as easy to tell.

While you are doing your research, start using Nizoral shampoo (Ketoconazole) once a week. Alone it won't do much for you but it's a start.

There are no natural treatments that actually work to slow down, stop or reverse androgenetic alopecia. Your best defense, and your best chances of slowing down, stopping or reversing MPB is to use the proven treatments Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil). Nizoral and the laser comb can help, but the main things are Propecia and Rogaine.

Thank you very much for your time and answers.... I hope other people will answer my questions too

So basically there is no single chance that it might stop...
    Uhm... could fin alone be enough for now?

Welcome to the board! Sad to say, if your thinning is patterned like that, I doubt your iron deficiency is a likely culprit. The only thing you can do (besides accept it) is use the treatments Tracy mentions. Also, I'd recommend looking over the cutting edge treatments section to get sone idea of (possible) future treatments.

Thank you... yeah, I've kinda finally realised that yeah... it's MPB.

Actually ''cutting edge'' subforum made me to register here... I'm checking every day that subforum and it makes me feel like hoping

That's where my nickname comes from...

Anyone have idea about my questions ? And is fin alone good for early stages...

Oh, questions. No, it will not stop on its own, if at all. Many people have a lot of luck with fin, but the only way to know how well it will work for you and how well you'll tolerate it is to take it.

You should take pics to see your progress. Some people on here can give great photo session tips.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

So basically there is no single chance that it might stop...
    Uhm... could fin alone be enough for now?
    It is not likely to stop without treatment, though it might slow down now and again. Propecia (Finasteride) can slow it down and possibly stop it. If you hope to grow any hair back, you really need to considier using Rogaine (Minxodil) as well. Finasteride does not stimulate hair follicles to grow. Finasteride simply "allows" hair follicles than can still grow hair to grow hair. Minoxidil stimulates hair follicles than can still grow hair to grow hair.

In addition to Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil), the laser comb can increase the quality of the hair that you still have as well as improve the quality of the hair that grows back from using Minoxidil.

You can also use a good quality concealer such as Dermmatch while you are treating your hair loss. Dermmatch is an amazing concealer product that works exceptionally well.

I am from Croatia...

My idea was to start with fin and as years go by, to add rogane and other possible stuff.... I through that fin is just fine for at least first x years...

Edit: Tracy answered...

And another stupid idea.... it's not wise to use rogane time to time.....like to boost growth and then let fin keep it for a while? Right?

My idea was to start with fin and as years go by, to add rogane and other possible stuff....
    It certainly does not hurt to follow a plan like that. Since Propecia (Finasteride) is the first line defense, start with that for the first year. Then after the first year ad Rogaine (Minoxidil) for the next six months. Then ad using the Laser comb every other day.

Either way, it would still be a good idea to use Nizoral shampoo once a week. For your regular washing, use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.

And another stupid idea.... it's not wise to use rogane time to time.....
    That is a very bad idea. You need to decide to either use Minoxidil or not to use it. Do not use Minoxidil off and on. Doing so can and probably will make your problem worse. You have much better chances of improving your condition if you use Minoxidil as well as Finasteride.

I am from Croatia...
    I ask, because I'm not sure as to the availability of Nizoral worldwide. I think in England, the 2% is OTC (unlike here in America), while in some countries it's unavailable. For some reason, online retails tend to charge more for Niz than what it costs in the store here.

Do you know if you are able to get it in stores there?