+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Finasteride is very effective if you want to keep your hair.
    I agree with people who recommend tapering the dose when going on or off. I didn't, but it's probably safer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    This statement is completely false.
    obiously not for the fda pupetts...

for some it is absolutley true.

The bottom line with propecia which I think a lot of MPB'ers don't want to come to terms with is, you ARE compromising your health in exchange for your hair. 2% sides is a joke, we all know this. But, I do think the % of persistent sides may be a bit overblown.

As for this gay-debate, I may as well chime in. My theory, there is a very small segment of the population that are actually born gay. You could compare this to a genetic defect. However, the majority of the gay population are in fact bisexuals. Sexuality does have an element of social construct / preference involved. Procreation is the driving force of nature, so in essence, it's not so much that there is something 'wrong' with you if you are attracted to the same sex, but something is 'off' if you are not attracted to the opposite.

Come at me bozo's!

And Chrisis, for someone who has experienced adverse sides, I think you are very reasonable in regards to your views on fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post

Please note that I cannot take credit for this observation. Another member made it and I just confirmed it through my own observations. That other member did not want me to say who he is.
    I'm really confused. I thought I was the one who came up with this? not that it matters I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    And Chrisis, for someone who has experienced adverse sides, I think you are very reasonable in regards to your views on fin.
    Thanks. I can't exactly deny it has been useful for some men, but I always strongly urge caution, especially younger guys with mild loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I have advocated this for a long time, and I believe finasteride can alter one's sexuality. Look into a previous thread I made regarding the subject.

Either way, the chances of getting sides from fin are exceptionally low.
    It may slow down or even in very rare cases almost kill your sex drive but it won't change your sexual orientation. Unless you are closeted all your life and trying to blame it on the drug.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'm really confused. I thought I was the one who came up with this? not that it matters I guess.
    You are, but I thought you didn't want me to say so.

I just followed up on your observations with observations of my own and found them to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    obiously not for the fda pupetts...
    I am not an FDA puppet. I take in all available information, including the experiences of many many males who use this medication and draw my conclusions from all that. This medication works for most men who use it. That is an undeniable fact. Very few men who use this medication experience side effects. That is also an undeniable fact. Very few of those very few men who do experience side effects experience persistent side effects. That too is an undeniable fact. The facts do not back up the fear mongering.

This is not puppetry of any kind as you so belligerently call it. It is simply stating the facts as they are. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. You always have the option to do nothing to treat your hereditary hair loss and simply allow nature to take is course.

surprised gmonasco isn't in here already trying to school people on genetics/sexuality like he's some yale professor