+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Future treatments overview

So I thought it may be a good idea to put all the future treatments that we can realistically expect to change our lives dramatically for the better on this thread in the form of an overview with a short explanation stating the name of the treatment, what it does, what results we can expect and when it's supposed to hit the markets. Unfortunately, I can't keep track of them all..replicel, CB, RU, Aderans, etc...

Haven't we got enough of these threads, already????

future treatments that we can realistically expect to change our lives dramatically for the better
    Here is the list:

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    Here is the list:

That's pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    Here is the list:

Dude, where's the list?....oh wait.

Actually for the next year that list is pretty accurate. Think about how long a year is I mean really that is whole lot of days in the same situation you are in now or probably even a little worse I guess.

Valproic acid (VPA), a widely used anticonvulsant, inhibits glycogen synthase kinase 3beta and activates the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway, which is associated with hair growth cycle and anagen induction. To assess the efficacy of topical VPA for treating androgenetic alopecia (AGA), we performed a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...12422/abstract

Male patients with moderate AGA underwent treatment with either VPA (sodium valproate, 8.3%) or placebo spray for 24 weeks. The primary end-point for efficacy was the change in hair count during treatment, which was assessed by phototrichogram analysis. Of the 40 patients enrolled in the study, 27 (n = 15, VPA group; n = 12, placebo group) completed the entire protocol with good compliance. No statistical differences in age, hair loss duration and total hair count at baseline were found between the groups.

The mean change in total hair count was significantly higher in the VPA group than in the placebo group (P = 0.047). Both groups experienced mostly mild and self-limited adverse events, but their differences in prevalence rates were similar between the two groups (P = 0.72). A subject treated with topical VPA developed ventricular tachycardia, but it did not seem to be related to the VPA spray. Topical VPA increased the total hair counts of our patients; therefore, it is a potential treatment option for AGA

We essentially need a sticky thread with each most commonly talked about product(RU, CB, Histogen, future Stem Cell projects, Replicel etc) and the most recent update about each one. I.e Histogen's latest announcement+current status etc. That way people can have the information right away but me and many others have been suggesting this for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    We essentially need a sticky thread with each most commonly talked about product(RU, CB, Histogen, future Stem Cell projects, Replicel etc) and the most recent update about each one. I.e Histogen's latest announcement+current status etc. That way people can have the information right away but me and many others have been suggesting this for a while.
    If I'm not mistaken, you made a really good thread on potential treatments a long time ago. It really helped me out when I started lurking on the forums.

I would like to see more good beard/body-hair to head transplants. That seems like the only solution possible now that can give you nearly a full head of hair. A beard hair can give you 4 times more coverage than scalp hair, and if your hair is coarse, its not much difference in texture from your beard hair. For example, if you do such procedure on a black man, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between the scalp and beard hairs.