+ Reply to Thread

Default The Benefits of PRP

Hey guys, posted this in another thread, but want maximum feedback, so I'll paste it here as well:

Hey guys..

Haven't really read much about PRP, mainly because it hasn't really 'taken off' and hasn't been shown to do much for a receding hairline. However, I read something above about it being good for scalp reparation etc. This is where it interests me...

My hair loss situation is curious. I only seem to lose more than maybe 5-10 hairs in the shower when my head is really itchy, and when I do so it is thicker hair mostly, or at least half of it is?? Also, my hair loss isn't quite bad yet (prob NW2 for a while) and seems to go in big sheds rather than being a simple process of gradual miniturization.

And here's the strangest thing: A lot of the time, when I get these sheds accompanied by an itchy scalp, the itchiest part is the very back of my head, at the very bottom. Around this area I have a few 'sores' that come and go every 5-7 days.. Anyway, I seem to lose a lot of hair at the very bottom of the back of my hair at this itchy stage, i.e. the donor area which is meant to be safe!

I've always has a bit of a dandruffy scalp, but have only ever washed my hair maybe 1-2 times a week compared to everyday since I noticed hairloss - maybe this has been a factor, maybe not.

In any case, do you guys think that - if it is true that the condition of my scalp is greatly exacerbating my hair loss - that PRP would be beneficial to me?

Thanks for any advice.. I really need it and would appreciate it.

Have you spoken to your doctor?

Nah, made a booking for next week.. Will try to get a ref for a derm.. Most likely will just tell me to use a specific shampoo.. but something tells me the problems a bit more complex. Still, hopefully something good will come from it. Also, TRX2 is on its way...we'll see