Hair transplants in Turkey - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for your answer. By the way Dr. Levent Acar, one of the surgeons of Cosmedica is listen on ISHRS web site. Are you saying that we must only go for doctors listed on IAHRS? What are the differences between two ? I see also Dr. Emre Karadeniz on ISHRS.

Thanks
    No, I'm not saying that at all. In fact, you can go to whomever you wish. I just want people to know what they are getting in exchange for handing over their non-renewable resource of finite donor hair.

The ISHRS is an educational organization only. There are no standards for acceptance except for an annual fee. This fee allows doctors to have a discounted entrance fee to the multiple annual conferences and workshops that the ISHRS sponsors. That's it. There is no policing of doctors in any way. Members do have to adhere to a code of conduct but it is general common sense stuff that that falls in line with standard medical ethics and practice. Yes, Dr. Karadeniz is a member but so are about a thousand other doctors worldwide. In fact, Dr. Karadeniz is one of the organizers of the upcoming FUE workshop in Istanbul this year which is sponsored by the ISHRS.

The IAHRS is a safe place to start your research but by no means is it the final word in whom to trust your head to. There is a vetting process that doctors must pass before acceptance is granted and if they are accepted they too pay an annual membership fee but it is much smaller in size than the ISHS at less than 70 members worldwide.

My goal is to get people to understand what they are getting themselves in to. If one doesn't mind technicians doing all the work and knows that the doctor has very little to do with the procedure overall then that is their decision.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I would take a look at Dr Ozgur Oztan Seems to have some good results

ej
    Last edited by Winston; 02-06-2016 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Thanks , Joe. I really appreciate your deep knowledge of the field....

HI Ejj

i think i have seen your another comments on this surgeon, i have checked his results and its just outstanding, i am in communucation with this clinic, it just takes too much time to receive a response from this clinic, thats the only thing))

Exactly COSMEDICA is one of the known as "technician" clinics.. and They are always searching patient on internet by the using the forums with fake comments also using commission agent..
    i do not recommend this clinic to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I would avoid at all costs. Clinics like this are known as "technician" clinics where there is no real doctor involved aside from drawing a hairline, if that much. Techs extract, techs make incisions, techs place. You will be one of maybe a dozen or more patients on the same day and no one will ever remember your name the second you walk out of the door, if they even remembered it in the first place. There are only three clinics to consider and they are listed on the IAHRS. Dr. Koray Erdogan, Dr. Hakan Doganay, Dr. Emre Karadeniz.
    Hey JOE
    I've touched on this in a way already with you but just want some clarity. As of now - 2017 Dr Karendeniz is not part of IAHRS however in the quoted comment in 2015 you stated that he was IAHRS. Do you know the reason for his exclusion ? I wonder if it is because he does not operate out of a large "hospital like" facility. Also he does not charge per graft but per session. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I've either heard you on the radio or on the forums saying that if some one is charging per session they are not advisable to go to.
    Farsan UK

As far as I know he charges by the hair, not by the session, but of course I've not spoken with him in a while. While it's not really my place to comment on why he isn't currently in the IAHRS I can say with confidence that it's not because of any surgical shortcomings on his part so if that is your concern, it shouldn't be.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    As far as I know he charges by the hair, not by the session, but of course I've not spoken with him in a while. While it's not really my place to comment on why he isn't currently in the IAHRS I can say with confidence that it's not because of any surgical shortcomings on his part so if that is your concern, it shouldn't be.
    Yes i believe he did per session at some point although on his website he has a guide price. Ive attatched a screen shot of it so please take a look. It does sound a bit unreal i mean 5000 grafts for 3000 euros? I know you regard him highly and i like the fact that he really comes out on these forums and talks about the good and the bad in his country but surely even this is like the type of adverts that ive heard you talk about on the radio that we should be wary of. However, ive seen a few of his results and i would say nothing was anywhere close to jaw dropping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170728-010622.jpg

Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	53188  

Quote Originally Posted by farsanUK View Post
    Yes i believe he did per session at some point although on his website he has a guide price. Ive attatched a screen shot of it so please take a look. It does sound a bit unreal i mean 5000 grafts for 3000 euros? I know you regard him highly and i like the fact that he really comes out on these forums and talks about the good and the bad in his country but surely even this is like the type of adverts that ive heard you talk about on the radio that we should be wary of. However, ive seen a few of his results and i would say nothing was anywhere close to jaw dropping.
    Farsan, I think at this point it makes more sense for you to contact Dr. K directly. He's very easy to speak to and he can and will answer your questions freely. However, if you don't see anything you like on his website, why waste your time? Find someone that you like and go from there.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by farsanUK View Post
    It does sound a bit unreal i mean 5000 grafts for 3000 euros?
    That screenshot says its 5000 HAIRS not grafts. This will equate to 2200-2300 grafts on average, which is actually realistic and good value.