+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Follicum

Default News

Some very interesting updates!

Follicum will participate in the Life Science Day 2015 in Paris on 20 October where it will present its preclinical results for investors.
    Check this out:
    "Follicum develops pharmaceuticals from manipulated endogenous peptides that directly affect the way hair follicles work. Preclinical efficacy studies show:
    - Effective inhibition of hair growth on living human skin tissue
    - The drug candidate stimulated hair growth much faster and produced hair growth over a much larger area than minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine® (in-vivo)
    - No negative toxicological effects have been shown
    As these peptides are found in the human body we believe they will result in safe, efficacious treatments
    Potential to be first-in-class and first-in-category pharmaceuticals"

https://www.b2match.eu/lifescienceda...articipants/74

According to their website, they will also participate at the World Congress For Hair Research in Miami later this year.

http://www.follicum.se/en/

Thanks Lionsmane for this info. I saw also, that during the congress they will be presenting results of their trial:
    The German research group which has generated important parts of Follicum’s research data on human skin will present their results both as a poster and in an oral presentation at the World Congress for Hair Research. The congress takes place in Miami in Florida, USA, on 18-21 November 2015.
    http://www.follicum.se/en/news/folli...arch-in-miami/

I don't get it - if they legitimately had better results than minox, why not release pics before the congress to build hype?

There are no pictures available of the initial results vs. minox. That research was done at a 3rd party research lab in India. Also, those results were from mice.

I don't see any need for Follicum to build hype. They're going the pharmaceutical drug route which involves clinical trials and takes a few years. The results will speak for themselves. I've taken a close look at what they're up to, to me they're the real deal.
    Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

More planned trials are always good news but... results on mice are worthless, no reason for optimism.

Default follicum translation

Quote Originally Posted by jpar View Post
    Nothing new really, he says that their candidate FOL-005 can both inhibit and stimulate hairgrowth. FOL-005 has shown to be more effective than Minoxidil at stimulate hairgrowth in mice. You can read all of this at Follicums homepage.
    Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016 at 03:10 PM.

I think studies on mice are quite useful. Actually, the top scientists around the world decidedly choose mice as their best known model for doing hair growth research. These are people who are sometimes involved in 10+ years of clinical research.
    Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephFT View Post
    I think studies on mice are quite useful. Actually, the top scientists around the world decidedly choose mice as their best known model for doing hair growth research. These are people who are sometimes involved in 10+ years of clinical research.
    It's a shit model for AGA actually. But hey what other model can they choose from? Jup, none. So they need to go with mice because they have no other choice.
    Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016 at 03:10 PM.