Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

I don't get it... if you guys (primarily Arashi and Swooping) are 100% convinced that this formula won't work and/or is a scam, then why are you still reading these posts and posting on here? Is it to save us? Inform us? pride? instigation? I am just confused... please explain yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    so is this going to work on hairline or not..?
    I think the question should be, is this going to work at all? I thought this just results no arguing thread was supposed to be just that.

If it works, it works all over.

ShookOnes we don't even know if this is going to work. You are way jumping the gun. I can't believe that there are posters who are actually relying on Follicept to work. It's way more likely that Follicept will NOT work.

Devon, thank you for being so transparent and that you keeping us informed about the whole progress. The theory seems legit but we must also remember that it`s based on trials with animals.

Anyway, all the members of the german forum will keeping their fingers crossed! http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/t/26973/

We wish you a lot of success and happy growing!

@ Devon, I would like to bring something to your attention about shedding and your trial time frame.

First off, I understand that minoxidil causes a shed when continually used that is the result of a short lived anagen phase.

The mice study has shown that dormant follicles on slick bald area's can be awakened to produce vellus hair which then gets progressively more terminal. All good so far.

BUT there is a universal type of initial shed common to ALL good treatments.

Now thats the thing that seems to have gone un-addressed And I fear you guys will misinterpret early results (how arrogant of me! but I'm totally behind you guys, your inspirational.)

anyway IGF1 will trigger anagen. Very bald areas will improve immediateley. But in other areas of the scalp where the hair is still semi terminal, the newly induced anagen cycle will force a shed of that existing hair as the new hair cycle is induced.

I believe Follicept will work, and I believe that will cause a shed of your existing hair in the first couple weeks, which is fine really.

Just don't panic when it happens! ...Proceed with the trial, don't abandon it.

the other possibility is that IGF1 does not induce anagen, but rather prolongs it. Yet It has been made explicitly clear in the presentation that anagen is induced by igf1 and then the treatment is pulsed as continuing treatment does not then prolong anagen but paradoxically ceases it.

You are going to shed initially is you are early Norwood. Late Norwoods have 'nothing to lose' anyway, and will improve cosmetically from day 1

bump

We are gonna see from the convenience trials starting Monday

absolutely incredible works in the hairline. amazing, thanks follicept

Of course. It was explained in the other topic. Think of a big pizza. Now the pizza might be bad for you. But the tomatoes on it are good for you. So that's why histogen failed and why follicept will work. Now think of a garden. If you plant a flower in the back of the garden, it will grow. But if you plant it in the front, it will grow too !!1!! So we know already that it will work on the hairline too. No need for an independent trial and Devon doesn't need to shave anything. Just think of the pizza and the garden instead!