+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Don't let what I said scare you away. Try it, beware of the potential to cause some aging, and if it really becomes an issue stop using it. It's not going to cause permanent changes. However, my personal opinion is that it's not really a great treatment for hair loss, unless perhaps you just have a bit of thinning in the crown you want to address (which is what it was meant to be used for really). It doesn't address the root problem of hair loss as propecia does, it does cause a LOT of shedding when you start it and when you stop it, and it is a little messy. Also, a recent study showed it only works for like 38% of users anyway. If you can tolerate propecia, I would just stick with that.
    Thanks. Yeah I am actually on finasteride (3+ years) & double-dosing dutasteride too (10 months). Also keto 2% shampoo. My hair has taken a srs hit this year & I think it is from starting dut, but it could also just be alopecia progressing
    I think minox is much more useful for people who are also on DHT meds. I might get decent results if I commit to it but there are factors like this making me reluctant

I look about the same as I did back when I jumped on minox, which was in 2004. Some current pictures my skin actually looks better now. However in the past few years I have really gotten into a plethora of antioxidants, skin care etc. So im sure that has played a factor also.

There are collagen supplements that can be taken if one is concerned with the loss of collagen from minox. I recently started using 2 collagen supplements, one powdered version of type 1 and 3. Then biocells collagen type 2. If you do a search this combo has a ton of benfits not only for skin but joint and bone health also.

I have had some nagging pain in my joints from the gym and within a month its about half of what it was, collagen is good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Title sums it up.....did anyone notice negative changes in their faces on minox? Dark circles around your eyes, fine lines, deeper wrinkles etc?
    I am considering trying it again but skin aging is 1 of the worst sides I can imagine
    On another board there were guys that swore this was true. I did not know what to believe but I did tell them I did have symptoms, but only on the right side of my face. So to me this seemed like BS. But one of the guys asked if I used minox at night and by any chance did I sleep on the right side. Well because of an old back injury, I do in fact sleep on the right side . His reply was I getting the minox by way of my pillow.

I do not know if this is true or not but now that I am back on propecia I have stopped minox but will probably go back on it , but only the foam and only during the day.

I will say I never had a problem when I was using normal amounts. It was only after I went off propecia and started using gobs of the stuff did I notice anything. I had used it for many years before with no issues but again, was only using the normal amount.

So only time will tell if this is bs or not. But if you have concerns, use the foam and only during the day and you should have no issues.

Did the exact same shit to me. Just makes you look like you haven't slept for a while.. not a lot you can do except use less of the product or stop it. I found the foam gave me more side effects in terms of swelling in the face, eye circles, dry skin ect. My head looked rounder on it was weird.

Some of the medication gets absorbed into facial tissue as well and as this medications is for hypertension it increases the blood vessels under the eyes which gives of a appearance of under eye circles as the blood vessels are more prominent.. the facial edema is linked to this as well from fluid buildup.s

This effect doesn't happen to everyone I would suspect it's only in people who absorb more of the drug systemically.

I don't believe it causes wrinkles though.. temporarily it does whilst your face is puffier any wrinkles that were there would look worse.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Where do you get your supply? How are your diet and overall health?
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux