+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Finasteride did NOT make your dick fall off after two tablets. Look on Propeciahelp and you can see by the tone of all their posts that they are incredibly mentally weak.
    I agree with this so much, I can barely verbalize it.

Their site never even updates from what I've heard either. Apparently people are realizing how silly their claims are. Wonder how things are going with their class action lawsuit??

I have such an odd mix of joy and anger regarding the fear mongers and how they influenced me; joy that I used my better judgement and stopped being a pu$$y about fin despite their flamboyant assertions, and anger that I let them deter me for a few months.

What's done is done though. I'm glad someone else shares my sentiment on those assholes though.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

True say. I'm at that point in my life where I don't mind as much if I get it in or not cause I'm not trying to attain a high kill score no more brah! I'd rather have a pretty little thing on my arm with me looking aesthetically pleasing at least so people will look and think thats a good looking couple. Plus so my friends can see but if they ever wanted the girl on my arm, they can fking take her for all I care. Just another p*#%y.

And ED? That shit don't happen to everyone and if it does... Does it really matter to you about that one person or every in public that looks at you? For me, the latter. Maybe me views will change one day, maybe it won't but all I know is now and its now that matters son!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Harsh way to rain on his parade. Erections are no problem when you feel good about yourself.

Anyway, Aames. I was going to reply to your cocoon post by saying you might find it hard to stay focused if you are not exposed to the opposite gender....in my experience I actually got more depressed when I was isolated because I did not have social motivation (women) to stay on my game
    It is crazy how much better you can feel just by hitting it off with a pretty girl when you otherwise feel like crap.
    I knew I was forgetting someone in my list of notable people! But yeah, I understand what you are saying; my mood has taken a dramatic lift and I swear I notice more girls checking me out since all this has transpired. While I was always a bit skeptical about how moods influence others' perceptions, maybe I am more open to interaction since I don't walk around with my head down as much. In any case, how is your duta progress coming along? I am approaching the end of two months and I'm pretty sure I am seeing some vellus hairs turn terminal at my temples. Nothing cosmetically significant, but progress nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    inb4 he kills himself now

Ugly bald people on here can't handle that there are some already attractive people out there who want to improve themselves even more. Apparently if you're not NW4 thinning, overweight, and facially ugly you have no reason to be doing anything about your situation.

I can't handle this shit anymore. And why should ED be an issue for everyone? Like you said, being beautiful is to many people more important than having sex. I for one could go my entire life without sex. On the other hand I couldn't go my entire life without hair or being considered very attractive. Maybe that's hard for some to understand, but to people like you and me it's crystal clear (not saying one or the other is right).

There's also such a huge amount of fear mongering. People literally creating lies about "fin only works for five years", "it could stop at any moment", and pretty much anything involving sides. Finasteride did NOT make your dick fall off after two tablets. Look on Propeciahelp and you can see by the tone of all their posts that they are incredibly mentally weak. I would personally love to do a placebo-only test on people suffering PFS. Make them take a pill that you claim has been proven to fix PFS. Would anyone like to bet against me that the vast majority would be cured? Moreover, the ones that aren't could probably be diagnosed with actual ED or something similar.

The reality is that post hoc ergo propter hoc is a logical fallacy which NOBODY considers enough.

Urgh. Aames I respect you immensely. If I ever lose hair on fin it's good to know you've given me the confidence to take duta. Nothing is more important to me than my looks and a NW0/1.
    And I have nothing but respect for you, friend. I'll be logging on once my school week is over to discuss recent events and other things. I am really glad I found these forums. Before I had actually read the scientific literature and analyzed the facts critically, bb.com had me convinced that Propecia was killing dicks by the millions. I was almost ready to start buzzing and looking for a cell-tech dealer lol... Truthfully, I think the people that get sides (at least on some level) want to prevent others from taking the drug since they are now forced to go bald. Leveling out the playing field, so to speak. The more bald people walking around, the less they stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I agree with this so much, I can barely verbalize it.

Their site never even updates from what I've heard either. Apparently people are realizing how silly their claims are. Wonder how things are going with their class action lawsuit??

I have such an odd mix of joy and anger regarding the fear mongers and how they influenced me; joy that I used my better judgement and stopped being a pu$$y about fin despite their flamboyant assertions, and anger that I let them deter me for a few months.

What's done is done though. I'm glad someone else shares my sentiment on those assholes though.
    Yeah, at the end of the day, they have fewer than 3000 members I believe. And while it would be very stupid of me to insinuate that they are all delusional, one wonders how many of them have not conjured up sides due to fear mongering. I have discussed this before but I had terrible side effects with my first dose of fin (ED, major ball ache, numbness, fatigue, etc). I was so scared when I finally took it; I don't doubt that almost all of my sides were psychological. It certainly seems probable since I am now on duta with the DHT levels of a child and am not suffering any side effects to speak of. I hope you start seeing results from fin soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    True say. I'm at that point in my life where I don't mind as much if I get it in or not cause I'm not trying to attain a high kill score no more brah! I'd rather have a pretty little thing on my arm with me looking aesthetically pleasing at least so people will look and think thats a good looking couple. Plus so my friends can see but if they ever wanted the girl on my arm, they can fking take her for all I care. Just another p*#%y.

And ED? That shit don't happen to everyone and if it does... Does it really matter to you about that one person or every in public that looks at you? For me, the latter. Maybe me views will change one day, maybe it won't but all I know is now and its now that matters son!
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to say that I don't care about sex, because I do. But I honestly have more fun in the chase and the sexual tension that builds up than I do in the actual act. I never really understood wanting a high kill count; I guess I've always wanted to be a part of a really attractive power couple where everyone immediately takes notice when you walk into a room. I still want this despite my changing views on love and its fleeting nature; easy sex just doesn't hold a ton of appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I knew I was forgetting someone in my list of notable people! But yeah, I understand what you are saying; my mood has taken a dramatic lift and I swear I notice more girls checking me out since all this has transpired. While I was always a bit skeptical about how moods influence others' perceptions, maybe I am more open to interaction since I don't walk around with my head down as much. In any case, how is your duta progress coming along? I am approaching the end of two months and I'm pretty sure I am seeing some vellus hairs turn terminal at my temples. Nothing cosmetically significant, but progress nevertheless.
    A little over 9 weeks for me....not sure if I see a difference. I like how my hair looks but that could be from other things. My diet has been good and I recently started new supplements (biotin + omegas). Plus I was already on fin+keto for 2-3 years so this is more like a step than a leap for me.
    However I am not someone who watches my hair closely anymore. I'm not inspecting every day, I just figure if it gets dramatically worse or better I will notice (this is what happened with fin....many months down the line I realized one day "oh wow, I can wear this style that didn't work for me a year ago because my hair is better now")

1 thing I can say, not having a huge shed so far has been nice. Was worried about that!

a) I care about being attractive and desired more than I care about sex.
    b) I currently have no issues getting hard.
    c) You're jealous because I'm maintaining and possibly regrowing while simultaneously suffering no side effects.
    d) I make a conscious effort to try to be kind to everyone here, even those that don't agree with my views. It's the overly-negative, completely-hopeless people like you that I REALLY pity. I may suffer from an obsession with aesthetics and depression, but at least I have some degree of hope and I don't go around trying to bring others down. Enjoy being bald AND a complete douche.
    Aames, I know I seem like a dickhead when I post stuff, that's because A. I am B. I totally am a dickhead.

But honestly, I am not trying to rain on your parade or bring you down in some way, I am genuinely concerned about your well being.
    And Duta is going to be nothing but hurt for you long term.
    If the drug works it'll shrink your prostate, that's because that's what it's intended for.
    And it's not just erectile dysfunction you need to worry about, it's hormonal imbalances, you will feel DRAINED of life, it'll feel like you're dying.

But you're a smart guy, you know how important your endocrine system is.

my mood has taken a dramatic lift and I swear I notice more girls checking me out since all this has transpired.
    Your hair is a solid NW1.2 and you believe a few months on Duta, even if it had miraculously taken you to a NW1.1 has led to more girls checking you out?
    You do realize how insane that sounds, don't you?

I was almost ready to start buzzing and looking for a cell-tech dealer lol... Truthfully, I think the people that get sides (at least on some level) want to prevent others from taking the drug since they are now forced to go bald.
    You were almost ready to start buzzing your hair, at NW 1.2, ARE YOU TROLLING US AAMES?
    Or have I entered the twilight zone of hair loss body image mania?

I'm not some bitter hideous NW3+ sub human who wants to see your hair fall out, I really hope your treatment works and you keep your hair and don't destroy your body in the process.
    But you're being highly irresponsible and irrational about it, especially considering your hair loss is so minor.
    Even without treatment you'd likely be a NW2 at worst when you're 35 and by then there'd be numerous treatments or outright cures to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Even without treatment you'd likely be a NW2 at worst when you're 35 and by then there'd be numerous treatments or outright cures to choose from.
    That is not likely if he has MPB now. Most guys who start losing it late teens-early 20s are aesthetically f*cked by their late 20s (forget mid 30s).
    Fin was great for me but in hindsight I probably should have started dut right away to maximize regrowth.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Aames, I know I seem like a dickhead when I post stuff, that's because A. I am B. I totally am a dickhead.

But honestly, I am not trying to rain on your parade or bring you down in some way, I am genuinely concerned about your well being.
    And Duta is going to be nothing but hurt for you long term.
    If the drug works it'll shrink your prostate, that's because that's what it's intended for.
    And it's not just erectile dysfunction you need to worry about, it's hormonal imbalances, you will feel DRAINED of life, it'll feel like you're dying.

But you're a smart guy, you know how important your endocrine system is.

Your hair is a solid NW1.2 and you believe a few months on Duta, even if it had miraculously taken you to a NW1.1 has led to more girls checking you out?
    You do realize how insane that sounds, don't you?

You were almost ready to start buzzing your hair, at NW 1.2, ARE YOU TROLLING US AAMES?
    Or have I entered the twilight zone of hair loss body image mania?

I'm not some bitter hideous NW3+ sub human who wants to see your hair fall out, I really hope your treatment works and you keep your hair and don't destroy your body in the process.
    But you're being highly irresponsible and irrational about it, especially considering your hair loss is so minor.
    Friend, I am sorry if I came off as angry towards you. I often react with anger when people speak on my deepest, darkest fears. In many ways, I fear you may be correct but I absolutely have to try. I cannot live my life wondering what if. Additionally, I fully believe any side effects that occur will go away when I discontinue the drug. I will cross these bridges when and if I come to them.

Now, in regards to females. I am not saying that my hairline is affecting anything now; the way I style it shows pretty much zero hair loss to the average person. I was saying that my mood was opening me up to more social interactions but that doesn't matter; I fear my foray into social interaction has ended and I must venture back into cocoon mode. I don't know what to do; every time I speak to someone other than my very close friend, I feel as if I am an actor. I have to make up stories, pretend I care about things I despise, and contain my anger in order to appear as a normal person. I don't know how long I can keep doing this. You were right. I am ruined.

And as far as my comments surrounding buzzing my hair. I guess I meant to say that I was bracing myself mentally for it; rather than actually preparing to do it. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    That is not likely if he has MPB now. Most guys who start losing it late teens-early 20s are aesthetically f*cked by their late 20s (forget mid 30s).
    Fin was great for me but in hindsight I probably should have started dut right away to maximize regrowth.
    This is what I feared and why I jumped on duta. I may have played around with fin longer had I not started losing hair until my 30's. Both my dad and my brother failed to escape their 20's with a remotely decent head of hair.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Friend, I am sorry if I came off as angry towards you. I often react with anger when people speak on my deepest, darkest fears. In many ways, I fear you may be correct but I absolutely have to try. I cannot live my life wondering what if. Additionally, I fully believe any side effects that occur will go away when I discontinue the drug. I will cross these bridges when and if I come to them.

Now, in regards to females. I am not saying that my hairline is affecting anything now; the way I style it shows pretty much zero hair loss to the average person. I was saying that my mood was opening me up to more social interactions but that doesn't matter; I fear my foray into social interaction has ended and I must venture back into cocoon mode. I don't know what to do; every time I speak to someone other than my very close friend, I feel as if I am an actor. I have to make up stories, pretend I care about things I despise, and contain my anger in order to appear as a normal person. I don't know how long I can keep doing this. You were right. I am ruined.

And as far as my comments surrounding buzzing my hair. I guess I meant to say that I was bracing myself mentally for it; rather than actually preparing to do it. Sorry for the confusion.

This is what I feared and why I jumped on duta. I may have played around with fin longer had I not started losing hair until my 30's. Both my dad and my brother failed to escape their 20's with a remotely decent head of hair.
    Traits of a sociopath maybe? I've often thought to myself about this. It may be the aggitation of not being able to find out the reason why we must pretend to do the things we do. Its not always a bad thing though but I'm still in the midst of speculation even for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    Traits of a sociopath maybe? I've often thought to myself about this. It may be the aggitation of not being able to find out the reason why we must pretend to do the things we do. Its not always a bad thing though but I'm still in the midst of speculation even for myself.
    Not sure that it's sociopathic. I've always been the type to psycho-analyze people and their behaviors -- to my own anguish. I can handle interacting in all the environments of my life without problem, regardless. However it does cause a lot of unnecessary anxiety.

Aames, the point is, you might not even HAVE MPB, it may just be a slightly mature hairline that doesn't go any further than a NW 1.5 when you're 30.

By then there'll be treatments, better treatments they aren't dangerous.

Hell, NO ONE would even notice recession like that, not even other balding guys.
    Worst comes to worst, you get a HT in a decade.

But you've gone straight to the end game of hairloss drugs, aside from oral spiro there's nothing more hardcore than Duta, nothing.

Those guys over at propecia help aren't bullshitting either, they got endocrinologists reports, blood work etc, it isn't bro science.
    Propecia, being that it only inhibits 5ar2, Duta inhibits 5ar1 and 5ar2, is far more hardcore.

You should consider how dangerous what you're doing is for so little potential gains.
    If you were a NW3 or 4 who really couldn't stand it I wouldn't even comment.