+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fighting a loosing battle!?

Hi guys, I'm Olly, I've just turned 28 and I'm from the UK. I have slowly been loosing hair from my crown for quite a while now, at first tbh I was in denial... but as it's increased it's really started to get me down. My brother was almost completely bald by the age of 25, so I'm beating him at least, even though my dad had a full head of hair until he passed away.

I have been using Alpecin (a couple of times a week) for about 18 months, and Regaine for almost a year. I must admit I don't always stick that strictly to its usage... sometimes only once a day, and sometimes I forget completely. I was very strict for the first few months but got disheartened by not seeing any results.

I think the main reason I've joined up here is because I'm getting to the point of wondering if it's worth carrying on? I was always prepared to give up when I reach 30 anyway, although this of course still worries me. I don't want to end up looking like a monk!

Is it worth trying Propecia? Obviously I've read around the forum a bit and released there is a big three... this being the only one I haven't tried. I'm just worried of the side effects. I would be prepared to perhaps give it a go at least, I feel like I should try everything available to me.

Anyway here's a picture, I'll try and take better ones if you think they're needed. Thanks a lot for reading...

Yea give propecia a try and see if it will at least stop the hair loss and if your lucky then you can grow some of it back.

It's definitely worth giving Propecia a try. It can work very well in stopping, slowing or even re-growing hair at the crown.

If you're going to use Regaine you have to be consistent. Stop using it and you lose any hairs you've gained. Applying it once per day can be effective enough.

The same goes for Propecia. If you decide to use it be prepared to stick with it.

Have you looked into concealer products such as Toppik? They can do wonders for hiding a bald spot and you still have plenty of hair in the area for it to cling to. Relying on a concealer product can be a hassle but it's worth trying, if only for special occasions.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Propecia is your only option to tell you the truth, that and castration.

Give it a try, regardless what most guys say about the drug. You might be like me who gets positive side effect with Propecia or proscar.

Check this link out.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...atient-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by kayzee View Post
    I have been using Alpecin (a couple of times a week) for about 18 months, and Regaine for almost a year. I must admit I don't always stick that strictly to its usage... sometimes only once a day, and sometimes I forget completely. I was very strict for the first few months but got disheartened by not seeing any results.
    All this time you have been fighting an uphill battle. Alpecin isn't going to do anything for you. Regaine works but it can only do so much if you are not taking something that can arrest the loss.

You can give up Alpecin since it isn't doing anything for you anyways. I would stick with Regaine if I were you and talk to your doctor about Propecia or generic Finasteride.

It would be a good idea to replace your regular shampoo and conditioner with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner if you haven't already done so. It would also be a good idea to use Nizoral shampoo once a week.

Sorry dude but I can't resist not saying this, the odds of winning the lottery is like one in 70,000,000 but every body buys a ticket THINKING and hoping they're going TO BE THE LUCKY WINNER. Now, the odds of you -or any of anyone else- getting side effects from Finansteride are like 2% yet you're too scared of using the drug thinking YOURE GOING TO BE THE UNLUCKY ONE who WILL get side effects. Human logic is beyond me and I can never understand it. Again, I'm so damn sure the only reason why people are too scared of the low 2% possibility....is because it has to do with sex. I'm sure if the drug affected anything esle in the body and with a much higher risk than just 2% people would be taking Fin pills like they eat skittles. Alcohol damages the liver and causes permanent brain cell damage and smoking causes all kinds of cancers YET people don't seem to care and can't wait to start using these two harmful drugs. (Whatever indirect sexual problems they can cause seem to only affect much older people, when sex doesn't matter to them as much).

And NO, it is NOT higher than 2% despite what some others (here or elsewhere) might tell you. Also, remember that you're only seeing -OR THINK YOU ARE- too many people complaining about it (here and elsewhere) because naturally only people who have side effects -OR THINK THEY HAVE SIDE EFFEECTS- will come here and complain while the majority of the users won't come here to tell us about them not having any sides. There's a site for people who have suffered side effects but obviously there isn't one for the majority who havent suffered any sides. So, of course you're only going to hear and read about the former but not the latter. Unfortunately, it's the nature of things -you will always hear more about the negative but not the positive things. I think people like drama or something.
    I myself have been using Fin since it came out and I have yet to experience any of the sides.

Now, side effects aside, the drug might not work for you, which in my opinion is the worst "side effect".

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Sorry dude but I can't resist not saying this, the odds of winning the lottery is like one in 70,000,000 but every body buys a ticket THINKING and hoping they're going TO BE THE LUCKY WINNER. Now, the odds of you -or any of anyone else- getting side effects from Finansteride are like 2% yet you're too scared of using the drug thinking YOURE GOING TO BE THE UNLUCKY ONE who WILL get side effects
    Yes, but playing the lottery won't potentially give you impotence.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Again, I'm so damn sure the only reason why people are too scared of the low 2% possibility....is because it has to do with sex.
    ding dingding ding ding dingdingding ding

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Yes, but playing the lottery won't potentially give you impotence.
    You DON'T get what I'm talking about. Do you? Anti depressants can cause impotence and all other meds have some kind of unwanted or even dangerous side effects. I'm talking about the irrationality of people. The simple act of riding in a car CAN GET YOU KILLED. So are you going to to stop driving or riding cars. NEVER MIND.

=============

THANKS, HIGHLANDER. It's amazing how people can see the same exact thing differently depending on what you tell them to see. I have always believed most of our fears are selective and taught.