Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icloroxi
    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by markusbdc
    Is the youtube channel something recent or is it all just his old stuff...?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaUvUFvWb8 idk if im allowed to post links like this but this is him and it is recent. I'm guessing he stopped using this site because he's already spread as much info as is needed or isn't looking for another cure.

Comment

• markusbdc
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by icloroxi
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaUvUFvWb8 idk if im allowed to post links like this but this is him and it is recent. I'm guessing he stopped using this site because he's already spread as much info as is needed or isn't looking for another cure.
      Wait, that is not Hellouser- thats Derek from "More Plates More Dates" who has probably taken some of Hellouser's old stuff and made up his own formulation....

Comment

• icloroxi
        • Nov 2017

Wait, that is not Hellouser- thats Derek from "More Plates More Dates" who has probably taken some of Hellouser's old stuff and made up his own formulation....
        Yeah that is weird, my bad. Somewhere along the way I was given the idea that it's the same dude I guess maybe he's done what you said then :/ a lot of these guys seem like they're just being paid to advertise this stuff. I started using it last week so I'm planning to make a thread myself in 4-6 months (if it works at all for me) with photos and stuff because it was so hard finding actual info from trustworthy types of people so I figured I'll just do it myself and not mention any websites I used to purchase it.

Comment

• markusbdc
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by icloroxi
          Yeah that is weird, my bad. Somewhere along the way I was given the idea that it's the same dude I guess maybe he's done what you said then :/ a lot of these guys seem like they're just being paid to advertise this stuff. I started using it last week so I'm planning to make a thread myself in 4-6 months (if it works at all for me) with photos and stuff because it was so hard finding actual info from trustworthy types of people so I figured I'll just do it myself and not mention any websites I used to purchase it.
          Yeah I did a fair amount of research and am not a paid shill or anything. I decided to just order the powder from anagen ( I was afraid of the pre-mixed solution because they say it degrades rather fast and Hellouser always said to make small batches) and an RWS gram scale from Amazon. I mix it up in 30 ml or so of everclear 151 proof using about 1500 grams RU and dump it in half a jug of minoxidil. Not sure how great its working but at least there is no apparent shedding for now and I seem to be holding the status quo hairwise...but sadly I am sure it eventually is going to go as all you can do is slow down the inevitable...

Comment

• icloroxi
            • Nov 2017

Yeah I did a fair amount of research and am not a paid shill or anything. I decided to just order the powder from anagen ( I was afraid of the pre-mixed solution because they say it degrades rather fast and Hellouser always said to make small batches) and an RWS gram scale from Amazon. I mix it up in 30 ml or so of everclear 151 proof using about 1500 grams RU and dump it in half a jug of minoxidil. Not sure how great its working but at least there is no apparent shedding for now and I seem to be holding the status quo hairwise...but sadly I am sure it eventually is going to go as all you can do is slow down the inevitable...
            Yeah exactly right mate, i'm doing it pretty much the same but i'm using PG instead of minox with the RU and I use minox foam separately 30 mins after my RU has dried. Also I have 2 different batches from different websites just to compare them against eachother. So far my shedding has probably halved which is a good sign (and with the batch I didn't expect much from), hopefully it'll be down to 2-5 hairs again soon since minox only saved me for 12 months before the shedding slowly increased again lol.

Also aslong as you can hold onto your hair for like 1-3 years (yeah a long time =/ ) Replicel is looking pretty promising right now and finish their phase 2 trials in feb and will release the results for the actual "cure"..their words. They're also working on skin rejuvenation , tendon rejuvenation and something else i believe all using cells from your own body. Take a look for yourself if you haven't already. I think they're releasing it in japan then europe and then onto america/Aus once and IF it's FDA approved and say they should have it available worldwide by 2020 and thats for the last of countries to receive it, so ours could be 2018 or 19 who knows.. https://replicel.com/product-pipelin...-regeneration/

Comment

• Plan C
              • Nov 2013

Hi all,

Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I have been using 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day for several years, and it dawned on me that whilst the mg amount of RU is quite high, the concentration % is only around 4.9%.

If I begin to use 1ml of solution, this will rise to 8.5%. Will it therefore be more effective? Or is it the mg amount of RU that matters?

Also, is there any consensus on whether minoxidil is a suitable carrier for RU? I've seen concerns raised over the water content. Does anyone disolve RU in a 10% or 15% minoxidil solution?

Comment

• SongBird
                • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Plan C
                Hi all,

Apologies for resurrecting this thread. I have been using 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day for several years, and it dawned on me that whilst the mg amount of RU is quite high, the concentration % is only around 4.9%.

If I begin to use 1ml of solution, this will rise to 8.5%. Will it therefore be more effective? Or is it the mg amount of RU that matters?

Also, is there any consensus on whether minoxidil is a suitable carrier for RU? I've seen concerns raised over the water content. Does anyone disolve RU in a 10% or 15% minoxidil solution?
                What matters is not the concentration, but the amount of RU powder that you use. Think about it.

1ml solution, 50mg RU = 5% concentration.
                3ml solution, 50mg RU = 1.6% concentration.

The difference is just that you have more solution to spread across your scalp with 3ml. What matters is that all 3ml is put on your scalp, meaning 50mg of RU is still going to be present in your scalp, it just was spread among 3ml, instead of 1ml, but its still 50mg that is put on your scalp.

Comment

• bluewater
                  • Nov 2010

How effective has RU been for you guys? I have been using it in a Minox solution for almost a year September. I have receding and temple loss and I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth. I have a few random hairs on the totally bald areas. I am also using it on the places i have hair to hopefully decrease loss and gain some additional growth in the productive area. I have been using Minox as the base simply because it is easier and less expensive. Was not aware that it may not be the right thing to do. What do you advise?

Comment

• Aminar
                    • Apr 2019

Thank you it was really helpful.

Comment

• Plan C
                      • Nov 2013

Anyone know where in the UK it is possible to buy suitable ethanol? The place I was getting it from in Germany is no longer exporting to the UK.

Comment

• Ljames
                        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Plan C
                        Anyone know where in the UK it is possible to buy suitable ethanol? The place I was getting it from in Germany is no longer exporting to the UK.
                        I'm from the UK and have found somewhere, it's call receptor chem. From what I can see they seem pretty legit, I've not ordered from there yet but am planning to tonight as it's payday and am taking the RU plunge.

I'm looking at getting some pre mixed RU. If anyone could share an opinion it would be much appreciated as I'm not to experienced with it

"M.Wt: 369.34
                        Formula: C17H18F3N3O3
                        4-[3-(4-hydroxybutyl)-4,4-dimethyl-2,5-dioxoimidazolidin-1-yl]-2-(trifluoromethyl)benzonitrile
                        Solubility: Polyglycols, Aqua, Ethanol
                        Purity: >99%"

Comment

• mustang2
                          • Mar 2020

I've just bought some from Anagen (KB solution)

I am on topical dutasteride with great success (zero hair loss for 4 months, no sides) after having bad sides with both oral and topical finasteride. It reduced my shedding to 3 hairs a day from 50 and hair is much thicker after 4 months. Best part is I only apply it once a week

I will be going on TRT next month and I'm worried about test causing hair loss so I will test RU before doing so and after going on Test

Comment

• HairGuru
                            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by mustang2
                            I've just bought some from Anagen (KB solution)

I am on topical dutasteride with great success (zero hair loss for 4 months, no sides) after having bad sides with both oral and topical finasteride. It reduced my shedding to 3 hairs a day from 50 and hair is much thicker after 4 months. Best part is I only apply it once a week

I will be going on TRT next month and I'm worried about test causing hair loss so I will test RU before doing so and after going on Test
                            Where do you buy topical Dutasteride?

Comment

• robodoc
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by PaulAnds
                              *Update*
                              The RU seems to work fine for me (RU+Alc+PG). I started dermarolling as well. So at the moment I use RU and Minox topical (Minox just every 3rd day as a booster) and derma roller 1 session/week.
                              Feels good so far, no sideeffects noticed.
                              This comment was from 2017....how is it working today?? It is not working you will say I am sure. None of this crap works except for topical Fin, Minox. and some caffeine. Right?

Comment

• robodoc
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by bluewater
                                How effective has RU been for you guys? I have been using it in a Minox solution for almost a year September. I have receding and temple loss and I haven't gotten any noticeable regrowth. I have a few random hairs on the totally bald areas. I am also using it on the places i have hair to hopefully decrease loss and gain some additional growth in the productive area. I have been using Minox as the base simply because it is easier and less expensive. Was not aware that it may not be the right thing to do. What do you advise?
                                Exactly....sorry it does not work, save your dough and health.

Comment

Working...