+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default PLEASE HELP ME! 19 and going bald!

Hey guys. I am 19 and am most definitely losing my hair. I have been losing my hair ever since I have been 15 but now it is becoming alot more noticeable and alot of people have said it to me. The reason for the thinning is because when I was young I experimented with alot of hair dye. I had an accident when I was 15. I bleached my hair about 5 times in 1 week because I wasn't happy with the colour. I remember exactly a few days after the last time i bleached my hair when i was 15, I could notice my hair looked alot thinner and damaged. That is exactly when my hair began to thin. Surely 15 is too young for Male Pattern baldness to start? So I am fully sure my hair loss is because of the hair dye I used. I bleached my hair about 10 times in about 3 years but 4 times in about a week at one stage. Today I am 19 and my hair is still thinning and I have a receding hairline. This has really affected my confidence in every way. Some days i am in denial about my hairloss and i just make up excuses. To be honest, i am severely depressed about it and i know this may sound stupid but some days i feel so trapped and confused about my hair loss, that i have actually considered suicide. Please someone tell me what i Should do? I do not want to suffer anymore, I just want to live my life and stop worrying and feeling down on a day to day basis. I promised myself that I am going to keep fighting this and one day I'll look in the mirror and see a normal hairline. Advice please guys? Thank you.

Thanks 4 the advice. But i do not think this is Genetic at all. I 4got to mention that I have 2 older brothers who are both 24 and 27 and they both have perfect hair and one of my brothers has the exact same hair texture that i used to have before my hair began to thin! My dad also has hair. I feel so depressed about my hair-loss because i actually know for sure that my hair loss is occurring because of all the Hair dye i used and that if i never dyed my hair over the years, then right now i would not be in this situation. I self-inflicted this on myself because of all the hair dye i used and that is what REALLY kills me.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Townie,,read up on Deel's latest thread on the same problem..please dont panic my young friend, your going to be OK!!

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    Thanks 4 the advice. But i do not think this is Genetic at all. I 4got to mention that I have 2 older brothers who are both 24 and 27 and they both have perfect hair and one of my brothers has the exact same hair texture that i used to have before my hair began to thin! My dad also has hair. I feel so depressed about my hair-loss because i actually know for sure that my hair loss is occurring because of all the Hair dye i used and that if i never dyed my hair over the years, then right now i would not be in this situation. I self-inflicted this on myself because of all the hair dye i used and that is what REALLY kills me.
    Townie, all it takes one person in your family tree to have hair loss, and you could possibly will inherit it. My ex-wife older brother went bald, but his father and two younger brothers didn't. It happens. It sucks I know to see your hair fall out. Many people dye their constantly. Dyeing your hair does not cause MPB. Get on propecia like the rest of us. It works! I have a full head of hair. I started to take it the same week I noticed my thinning I still had to deal with the shedding for three months hoping the drug would work and it did. It works for 9 out 10 men. Those are good odds for you. Don't waist any more tie and get on it. The longer you wait the more hair you'll lose.

Hairysituation, we will not condone the recommendation of suicide as an option to dealing with hair loss on this forum. Any post you make like this in the future will be removed.

We all understand how emotionally debilitating hair loss can be, however there are millions of men and women who find ways to live happy, productive lives as hair loss sufferers. This is a support community, our members are here looking for help and ways to cope, not to be told that suicide is a reasonable option in dealing with hair loss. I suggest that you consider seeking counseling to perhaps help you better adjust and deal with your own hair loss.

What he said ^

The healthy thing to do is shave your head or take meds if you can or shrug your shoulders and move on or consider a hair transplant, although I consider the Hair Transplant to be a last resort after years of research because a bad poorly executed HT can make things 100 times worse.

Suicide shouldn't even cross your mind because you have less keratin on your head. You think people shouldn't have kids if they are balding? seriously, get some psychological help.

Well I have a lovely daughter and by your reasoning she wouldn't be here.

We wanted children, because we wanted a family, it wasn't selfish and I would die for her, but I wouldn't die because I lost a bit of stupid hair.

Get a reality check, be a good boy and do as your told, stop talking about suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by sp8rky View Post
    Well I have a lovely daughter and by your reasoning she wouldn't be here.

We wanted children, because we wanted a family, it wasn't selfish and I would die for her, but I wouldn't die because I lost a bit of stupid hair.

Get a reality check, be a good boy and do as your told, stop talking about suicide.
    Did you even gave it any thought before you decided to get children? If not, I will consider you very selfish and narrow-minded. Your daughter will now carry your genes, and the suffering will continue. I am not saying that you should die once you have children, but at least consider to wait with children. Did you at least made sure that your girlfriends family had little/no family history of hair loss? That is the least thing you could have done.

Well if you are going to disrespect me because of my age, I think that also says a lot about you. I saw your video, and you worked as a bartender, right? Great accomplishment man! Very impressive. Your daughter most be so proud. You did not think it would be selfish to have a family even though you earn little? In addition to passing on the "gene of suffering".

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    Hey guys. I am 19 and am most definitely losing my hair. I have been losing my hair ever since I have been 15 but now it is becoming alot more noticeable and alot of people have said it to me. The reason for the thinning is because when I was young I experimented with alot of hair dye. I had an accident when I was 15. I bleached my hair about 5 times in 1 week because I wasn't happy with the colour. I remember exactly a few days after the last time i bleached my hair when i was 15, I could notice my hair looked alot thinner and damaged. That is exactly when my hair began to thin. Surely 15 is too young for Male Pattern baldness to start? So I am fully sure my hair loss is because of the hair dye I used. I bleached my hair about 10 times in about 3 years but 4 times in about a week at one stage. Today I am 19 and my hair is still thinning and I have a receding hairline. This has really affected my confidence in every way. Some days i am in denial about my hairloss and i just make up excuses. To be honest, i am severely depressed about it and i know this may sound stupid but some days i feel so trapped and confused about my hair loss, that i have actually considered suicide. Please someone tell me what i Should do? I do not want to suffer anymore, I just want to live my life and stop worrying and feeling down on a day to day basis. I promised myself that I am going to keep fighting this and one day I'll look in the mirror and see a normal hairline. Advice please guys? Thank you.
    I understand your pain bro. I went through the same thing except without the hair dye. You're not going to like this, but embrace the bald. At such a young age I just looked at soldiers as the example. At 17 I was as bald as you, probably balder. Watch a clip of the french foreign legion. Those guys are bald, and they're still badasses. Trust me bro, just have a few drinks, grab a razor and do it. You will feel better. People will comment yes, but it will be a commendation compared to, "Dude... are you going bald?" Trust me bro.

Issho