Closed Thread
Page 21 of 187 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by paulie72785 View Post
    Pls answer this :-
    Will it act like an ANTI-ANDROGEN as well as an ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST by blocking testosterone from getting into the hair follicles thereby no more Dihydrotestosterone is produced anymore In the dermal pappilae???

Offtopic:- At first i was REALLY doubtful but your quick informative replies are very helpful. Do you guys, deliver to India too??

Also will it help to GROW A BEARD???
    I mean in the facial hair follicles, when DHT is produced it causes IGF-1 to form. So by this science.we CAN grow a beard by directly sending IGF-1 to the facial hair follicles??
    I'll field this one. And in the future man maybe read up a bit before, it's not hard to find answers. No it is not an anti androgen. and no it is not an androgen receptor antagonist. It does not do anything to those pathways, it simply adds a growth factor to the hair follicle cells (this factor is down regulated by androgens at the follicular level). You can compare it more to minoxidil, which adds things to the follicles to make them grow better. Messing with the androgen pathway is not a positive thing, especially systemically, because your hormones are important on many levels. We do not yet have an anti androgen or androgen receptor blocker that does not enter your whole body.

Vis a vis the beard, doubt it. Androgens work in the opposite way in beard hair, promoting IGF and hair growth. so if your body already doesn't want a beard and has all it needs to grow it, adding a bit more probably won't help. but i could be wrong on that.

Then this demands correction. I did a google search and a site claimed it BLOCKED testosterone

This is the URL:-
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...5#.VO0QgMXgHa8

Follicept is considered a cosmetic, delivering extremely small yet effective
    doses of IGF-1, which naturally blocks the effects of testosterone on hair
    follicles.

I copy pasted the above

"blocks the EFFECTS"
    it doesn't say it blocks androgens, by occupying the receptor or by decreasing androgens. there's a difference, and it doesn't really demand correction. Maybe "outweighs" or "corrects" would be a better word choice though.

+1 :-) Thank you

I don't get one thing, we should use it in the scalp area with the patch otherwise it doesn't work according to other study which used different delivery method, so we have to shave completly our scalp to use follicept? That's something problematic for a lot of us who actually don't want to shave at all, and if we have to use it once o every two month we should shave every time that's a big NO...

The patch was for insulin for diabetics.

This is a gel. No need for head shaving.

I thought they said they are unique cuz they have this special patch to help reach the ideal depth, guess i read it wrong, well i hope follicept will clarify my doubt

Even if i need to start treatment now ( i'm a nw 2.5 crown) i think i will wait a couple of months, if i commit using minox is a pain for the rest of my life, better wait a little and hope to recover if this works, so guys pls be fast and think about EU aswell, if we can avoid issues with customs will be better, is always annoying even for a shampoo sadly

This is very exciting stuff; many thanks for coming to the forums, Follicept. I look forward to what lies ahead...

KJ.

@Follicept, on your website you stated this:

Papers suggest we could see results in as little as 12 days, and we will be uploading the before and after pictures as soon as we have them!
    Wich Papers suggest this? Your own trials in mice?

@follicept:

How are your trials designed?
    • Number of participants?
    • Fin, Minox and Placebo groups?
    • Different dosages?
    • Duration?
    I think your time line is very optimistic as you only have like half a year to:
    • Find the right dosage
    • Wait for hair to grow
    • Evalute trials
    • Market the product
    • Manufacture the product