+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sorry for the late response. Yeah, I decided to quit in the 6th month. I seems to take a long time to feel completely normal after the 6 months on fin but I have been feeling more normal everyday since i quit. I think it is something that will take the body a little time to readjust. I am glad that I quit because it just isn't worth messing up your body for the hair. I know everyone says that but it is true. Unfortunately finasteride just doesn't work for everyone. I've been thinking about trying rogaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    A cure will come out i believe in 5 years.
    I believe they've been saying that since ancient Mesopotamia.

Quote Originally Posted by lucrio View Post
    Sorry for the late response. Yeah, I decided to quit in the 6th month. I seems to take a long time to feel completely normal after the 6 months on fin but I have been feeling more normal everyday since i quit. I think it is something that will take the body a little time to readjust. I am glad that I quit because it just isn't worth messing up your body for the hair. I know everyone says that but it is true. Unfortunately finasteride just doesn't work for everyone. I've been thinking about trying rogaine.
    How long since you quit?

Its been about exactly a month since I quit taking fin. I feel like I can safely say that just in the past few days I am completely back to normal. I really do feel a difference after quitting. Even though I believe propecia is a great drug and many people have good success with it I think hormone balances in people are very delicate and changing them will have effects even if they are very minor.

Its been about exactly a month since I quit taking fin. I feel like I can safely say that just in the past few days I am completely back to normal. I really do feel a difference after quitting. Even though I believe propecia is a great drug and many people have good success with it I think hormone balances in people are very delicate and changing them will have effects even if they are very minor.
    Looks like we all experienced side effects I experiencied them after one month so thats not a good sign indeed.

I will try RU as a last resort if not then *!@% it, shaving it and waiting for replicel.

I'm glad you're back to normal. Atleast you can say you tried to do something about your thining, one of the main reasons I wanted to give it a shot.

Month 5. Erections are NOTICABLY not as strong. But its inconsistant. Some days im strong down there and there are days like today where its basically limp.

Libido is low.

I've receeded heavily in the last 6 weeks which is disappointing. Have been shedding quite a bit for a month.

I will reduce my 0.5mg dosage by half to 0.25 and see of that works. If not I will gradually get myself off this ****ing drug

I think it's useful to note that I feel that 60% or more of this is psychological. Last week I was masturbating, all was fine untill I thought about finasteride and how it isnt effecting me down there anymore and straight away I lost strength in my erection

Quote Originally Posted by Hurts View Post
    After over a year of ambivalence I've decided to bite the bullet and take finasteride. I will take 0.25mg or 0.5mg per day (still undecided), I will be very weary of sides and discontinue should I encounter any (special attention will be paid to semen quality, I don't want to be infertile).

Some additional details:

The finasteride I'm taking is generic, by an indian company called "Genpharma"
    Bought from www.4RX.com (redirected to by gothair.co.uk)

NW: 1-1.5
    Condition: Thinning since 18, Shed a lot in the shower
    Sex drive: Low libido as no current girlfriend, ejaculation remains at once or twice a week.
    Penis size: (Only joking)

Pics will be posted soon (looking for pics of me with short hair)

I have some questions for those who have had 0 side effects, what time of day do you take the drug?

Thanks and wish me luck!
    You will need 1.5-2.0mg for first 2 weeks, then down to 1.0mg after that.
    Its cheaper to buy Proscar 5mg tablet and split it in 4.
    Try www.proscarbaldness.com Cheap and quick with prescription.

I am officially quitting fin as of today. Side effects have gotten extremely bad over the last 3 weeks. Now I'm finding it a challenge to get an erection. I had planned to taper off it but I think I'll quit without any further ado as I don't want to be putting any more of this shit into my body.

My hair seems to have noticeably gotten thicker with the use of fin but not massively, I'll post a recent pic of my hair from the top (my hair is quite long at the moment) in my next post.

The first 3-4 month of using finasteride gave me quite a nice period of not having to worry about my hair or hair loss.

From the 4-5th week of starting fin I was getting very mild side effects (I was doubting whether I was even getting side effects) where my erections were slowly yet progressively getting weaker and not being able to achieve morning erections. I decided to make a compromise and carry on with the drug as i felt this was a rather insignificant side effect.

The side effects are purely sexual. Thankfully it hasn't effected me mentally or physically (other than sexually) yet.

I am now in "recovery mode". I hope I don't "crash" like they all say on propeciahelp.com and recover from this fully. I will update this thread in the coming days/weeks/months regarding my recovery.

PS I'm selling my finasteride pills if anybody wants them, send me a messege. There are still 27 left. Same branding as the ones on the first page of this thread.

Thank you