+ Reply to Thread

Default First time ever using a treatment, Nizoral.

Hi guys, I haven't started on minox or fin yet (nor do I intend to at my present situation as I have fears on relying on minox or fin)

but I've started using Nizoral 2% (by Jannsen), and I think this will be the only one of the big 3 that I'll be using for now. I'm in my second week (fifth application, I think?) and I know that it's a rule of thumb to wait for 6 months after starting a treatment before raving over the changes it may result to, but I notice a slightly increased shedding (all kinds of hair, miniaturized, thin, thick strands of hair) by probably about 20% more than usual? idk I prefer to not count but earlier when I was massaging Niz on my scalp there were like fifteen strands of hair sticking to my palm, is this what people would refer to as the initial stage of Niz shedding? Anyone here can shed (haha, shed) some light on what may be going on?

My scalp itching hasn't improved much since starting Nizoral, however I do not notice any dryness, though it does somehow make my scalp feel better after rinsing off the Niz. On off days I use the regular Head and Shoulders anti dandruff shampoo.

Oh, and also presently I am unsure of how long should I leave the niz on? My first 3 applications I had left them on for no more than 5 minutes, then the most recent two occasions I've left it on for exactly 10, I'm sure it is too early to tell the difference but I'm seeing people contradicting each other over the internet as to the most suitable duration to leave the keto on the scalp, any advice on this? My hair length is short and I don't think it'll take a very long time for the shampoo to reach my scalp.

Thanks for reading, I truly appreciate it!

Not trying to be negative, but don't expect much using Nizoral on its own. Personally if I wasn't using minox or fin, I wouldn't bother using it at all.

Eh im in the camp that it doesnt much matter either way whether you go 5 or 10 minutes. No one likes being dependent on a drug like minox or fin (including me). Its just use them or let nature run its course though that is the state of MPB at the moment. Another couple years it might be a bit a different but for right now the only real option is taking fin like you would a vitamin each day.