+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sorry to disappoint you or anyone following, but I only had a month supply of this treatment and clearly it did nothing. It's clear Follicept wasn't accurate when they stated hair growth in as little as 12 days, but I'm ok with that. Nothing in the form of treatments can show results that fast. More importantly, no treatment is used for just 4 weeks and then stopped that created results. That being said, what did you expect? Full hair regrowth or significant results after 4 weeks? Lol.

I've seen Devon's pictures and I personally don't see or believe he has experienced any results. I actually think his hair looks worse, but I won't discredit his belief since it's his hair and he sees it everyday. Just remember, he has also used this treatment much longer than I have and over a greater period of time.

That being said, I still see no evidence of results or progress from any photo's on their website. I just don't think this is the answer, but Devon and his team are fantastic people with extremely high ethics. Great, great people.

Myself? No results, no progress, and not much of anything to report. I'm just trying to hold onto what I have everyday. In addition, to post more photos at this point would not be beneficial to anyone. There has been no change (actually maybe a tad worse) from my last photos to now. Zero.

I also wouldn't expect anything in terms of progress moving forward. 4 weeks of treatments isn't going to show anything, especially anything you or I deem as significant or cosmetically appealing. Think about that for a second, 4 weeks of treatment. What could possibly grow hair in that time?

So again, sorry, nothing to report.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you or anyone following, but I only had a month supply of this treatment and clearly it did nothing. It's clear Follicept wasn't accurate when they stated hair growth in as little as 12 days, but I'm ok with that. Nothing in the form of treatments can show results that fast. More importantly, no treatment is used for just 4 weeks and then stopped that created results. That being said, what did you expect? Full hair regrowth or significant results after 4 weeks? Lol.

I've seen Devon's pictures and I personally don't see or believe he has experienced any results. I actually think his hair looks worse, but I won't discredit his belief since it's his hair and he sees it everyday. Just remember, he has also used this treatment much longer than I have and over a greater period of time.

That being said, I still see no evidence of results or progress from any photo's on their website. I just don't think this is the answer, but Devon and his team are fantastic people with extremely high ethics. Great, great people.

Myself? No results, no progress, and not much of anything to report. I'm just trying to hold onto what I have everyday. In addition, to post more photos at this point would not be beneficial to anyone. There has been no change (actually maybe a tad worse) from my last photos to now. Zero.

I also wouldn't expect anything in terms of progress moving forward. 4 weeks of treatments isn't going to show anything, especially anything you or I deem as significant or cosmetically appealing. Think about that for a second, 4 weeks of treatment. What could possibly grow hair in that time?

So again, sorry, nothing to report.
    I'm not saying that IGF-1 won't grow hair because I don't know if it will or not, but Follicept said up a naively foolish test and they got the result one would expect from such an endeavor. They should have used human IGF-1, they should have used a stronger dose, they should have applied it daily, and they should have kept applying it for 6 months. But they didn't. Instead they put together a test that never had any chance of working possibly because they didn't set it up properly.

And now they're trying to extend the experiment with the same test patient by giving them more IGF-1 to use after stopping treatment for a little while. But this starting, stopping, and re-starting treatment throws the body's IGF-1 system out of whack and their bodies may have compensated for the addition of external IGF-1. They may be confusing their bodies and their bodies may not know what to do. Their bodies may not be confused about how to react to all of these back-and-forth changes. Follicept should start the test over with new test patients or let the bodies of the original test patients return to baseline before re-starting their experiments with the original test subjects. And Follicept should get real human IGF-1, use a stronger dose, apply the real human IGF-1 once daily, and apply it for 6 months. But of course they aren't willing to do any of this because they think they have everything figured out. But of course the failure of their original test shows they do not have everything figured out, but try to telling them that.

I wish they would ditch igf1 and try pge2

Thanks again for trialling this StayThick. Top guy.

Default Folliscam

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    ...but Devon and his team are fantastic people with extremely high ethics. Great, great people.
    I don't know about that. I just received this email from Devon:

It has been a busy few months at Follicept. We are seeing convincing results that are hard to capture in pictures, but if there was a product that had amazing results at 4 months, none of us would be here. We are unable to go forward with a clinical trial at this time for reasons beyond our control, so we want to push forward in other ways.

The bottom line is that we are almost ready to release a private batch. Some critical details:

1. Please answer this survey if you are in the US to help us finalize details.

2. We can only ship to the US for now. We can’t yet accommodate the customs and import laws in other countries. If you have a US address, we can get it to you. Please do not request an exception, we are sorry but we can’t!

3. The price is not quite finalized, and depends largely on how many orders we get. Between $60-125 per month, as IGF-1 is very expensive at smaller quantities. Shipping will be a flat $20 regardless of order size.

Note that this is experimental- we don’t know the outcomes beyond 4 months so far, and we are not making any claims or promises. This is up to you to try, and we totally understand if you want to wait for more evidence. We do ask that you keep track via pictures and notes of your progress so that we can collect data on patterns and people on whom it seems to work best. Further, we strongly advise against using minoxidil and other topicals given the possibility for negative interactions that we have not studied.

We really appreciate your support thus far. The plan is to finalize details based on your survey responses, begin taking orders in the next 1-2 weeks, and only keep orders open for a total of 1-2 weeks, then manufacture one big batch and ship out within 4-6 weeks of closing the orders. This allows us to minimize our costs and therefore your costs.
    So, they're actually taking money for an proven product as part of their quest to "push forward in other ways"? I'm sorry, but this is just unethical. On their website, they say, "So we won't take your money until we prove that it works in humans, and that we have a safe, effective product for you." Yet, they're now taking money for a product for which they are "not making any claims or promises."

Scam, scam, scam, scam. Shall I say it again? Folliscam

Thank you Staythick

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Republic View Post
    I don't know about that. I just received this email from Devon:

So, they're actually taking money for an proven product as part of their quest to "push forward in other ways"? I'm sorry, but this is just unethical. On their website, they say, "So we won't take your money until we prove that it works in humans, and that we have a safe, effective product for you." Yet, they're now taking money for a product for which they are "not making any claims or promises."

Scam, scam, scam, scam. Shall I say it again? Folliscam
    Where money is involved men will check their ethics at the door. What a disgrace. It's high time someone reports them to the fda. You can't make claims for efficacy without a trial... A real trial, I should say. Not the ridiculous farce that they are running over there. Reading the comments on that web page is laugh out loud funny.

Quote Originally Posted by FloydButterworth View Post
    Where money is involved men will check their ethics at the door. What a disgrace. It's high time someone reports them to the fda. You can't make claims for efficacy without a trial... A real trial, I should say. Not the ridiculous farce that they are running over there. Reading the comments on that web page is laugh out loud funny.
    I just received an email from them this morning asking if I'd like to make a purchase. I considered it till I checked out this Thread. Thanks again Staythink!

Yeah, I just saw that message. They crossed the line into scam territory. No different than the chlorine guy selling his crap on the name of research

I'm actually surprised it took them this long, they've lost most of the support they received months ago

Can anyone with medical/academic research experience think of a legitimate reason that their team cannot go through with a formal trial? I've done academic research but in a different field, so I'm unsure of what their reasoning could be. (I'm not including financial/resource limitations since they claim it has nothing to do with this).