+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

Quote Originally Posted by ItchForTheCure View Post
    Hey guys,

So it has been about 2 months since I started taking 54mg equol per day. Here are some updates:

• I am still shedding like the family dog.
    • The wrinkles on my forehead are nearly gone and my skin looks a lot smoother
    • More importantly, I am seeing new hairs growing out on the front. Some of the hairs are vellus, but many of them appear to be terminal black hair coming out. The new hairs starting coming out about 1-2 weeks ago.

As for any sides I haven't experienced any. My body weight is unchanged and everything in the pants is functioning normally.

I'll update you guys again at the 3 month mark.
    Did you gain weight with propecia ? Because i did ?

I guess the next step is for Adaaku and Itch to take a free DHT test. Adaaku, why don't you create a PayPal account and post the email address here? Each person giving $10 to $20 each should quickly get the test funded. Guys, skip that $6 Starbucks coffee a couple of times for science and your hair!

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    From http://techtransfer.byu.edu/products...weight-control

"Equol is also involved in weight control, preventing obesity and stimulating fat (adipose) tissue loss."

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    I didn't gain weight on propecia. I only took propecia once and experienced all the cognitive side effects and muscle weakness over night. I couldn't lift up my smart phone in the morning with one hand. I also lost the function what's in my pants for about 1.5 months. There might have been an "adjustment" period, but getting those sides made me drop it after one pill. I am totally fortunate I was able to make a full recovery. Guys those pills are no joke.

If equol was going to give me sides, I should have gotten them by now. I think this alone proves that equol works differently than propecia, aka doesn't mess with your neurosteriods. Whether it is working, I'll let time decide that.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ItchForTheCure View Post
    Hey guys,

So it has been about 2 months since I started taking 54mg equol per day. Here are some updates:

• I am still shedding like the family dog.
    • The wrinkles on my forehead are nearly gone and my skin looks a lot smoother
    • More importantly, I am seeing new hairs growing out on the front. Some of the hairs are vellus, but many of them appear to be terminal black hair coming out. The new hairs starting coming out about 1-2 weeks ago.

As for any sides I haven't experienced any. My body weight is unchanged and everything in the pants is functioning normally.

I'll update you guys again at the 3 month mark.
    Great post, keep updating us.
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive.

Im good for $10 to test free DHT in sombody using s-equol.

This could be an effective treatment, judging by some of the comments it appears to do something. Tests show it does not effect serum DHT so the next logical step is to test free DHT. We complain about scientists but we rarely ever take things into our own hands, lets crowdfund this experiment, we are talking buttons to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz007 View Post
    I guess the next step is for Adaaku and Itch to take a free DHT test. Adaaku, why don't you create a PayPal account and post the email address here? Each person giving $10 to $20 each should quickly get the test funded. Guys, skip that $6 Starbucks coffee a couple of times for science and your hair!
    I too would be happy to make a contribution in the name of science(bro science).

My second blood test is back. As I am on Finasteride, my values don't have much relevance to those taking only equol, however, on a relative basis my results may give a few more clues as to what equol is doing.

The normal ranges for each item are Total Testosterone 250-1100 ng/dl; Free Testosterone 35-155 pg/ml; Total DHT 30-85 ng/dl; Free DHT 1-6.2 pg/ml; SBHG 22-77 nmol/L

While I was on 144 mg per day of equol Total and Free Testosterone were 390 & 56.9 respectively; Total & Free DHT were 9 & .66 respectively; SBHG was 35.3

After I went off of equol for 14 days, Total and Free Testosterone were 627 (up 61%) & 114.3 (up 101%) respectively; Total & Free DHT were 12 (up 33%) & 1.012 (up 55%) respectively; SBHG was 41 (up 16%)

On a percentage basis, equol appeared to have the most noticeable impact on Total and Free Testosterone . Not sure if that really means anything since the results remained In Range.

On a percentage basis, equol did appear to have a significant impact on Total and Free DHT. However, given my numbers are either out of or at the low end of the normal range to begin with (because I am on Finasteride), I'm not sure how much that really means either. Also, keep in mind that I am on a mega dose of equol. Therefore, it may be that very large doses of equol are sequestering a relatively small amount of DHT. It would be interesting to see the comparative impact on someone that is not on Finasteride.

Given what one of the patent holders told me (see post above), it may be that the most effective use of equol would indeed be as a topical. I hope this helps.

Inactive

I've started taking approx. 0.5 grams of equol daily. (2X 0.25 )
    I have enough for 150-200 days. I'll give you my detailed report on any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    My second blood test is back. As I am on Finasteride, my values don't have much relevance to those taking only equol, however, on a relative basis my results may give a few more clues as to what equol is doing.

The normal ranges for each item are Total Testosterone 250-1100 ng/dl; Free Testosterone 35-155 pg/ml; Total DHT 30-85 ng/dl; Free DHT 1-6.2 pg/ml; SBHG 22-77 nmol/L

While I was on 144 mg per day of equol Total and Free Testosterone were 390 & 56.9 respectively; Total & Free DHT were 9 & .66 respectively; SBHG was 35.3

After I went off of equol for 14 days, Total and Free Testosterone were 627 (up 61%) & 114.3 (up 101%) respectively; Total & Free DHT were 12 (up 33%) & 1.012 (up 55%) respectively; SBHG was 41 (up 16%)

On a percentage basis, equol appeared to have the most noticeable impact on Total and Free Testosterone . Not sure if that really means anything since the results remained In Range.

On a percentage basis, equol did appear to have a significant impact on Total and Free DHT. However, given my numbers are either out of or at the low end of the normal range to begin with (because I am on Finasteride), I'm not sure how much that really means either. Also, keep in mind that I am on a mega dose of equol. Therefore, it may be that very large doses of equol are sequestering a relatively small amount of DHT. It would be interesting to see the comparative impact on someone that is not on Finasteride.

Given what one of the patent holders told me (see post above), it may be that the most effective use of equol would indeed be as a topical. I hope this helps.
    This is very interesting.. Balding people always have low level of serum DHT. Instead saliva DHT is very high. Thanks to share your result with us