+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help!!!

Default please help!!!

Can someone please tell me where I am on the Norwood scale?!?!

Default Anybody

anybody please??

wow really no one can take the time to just look at these pictures and give me an opinion???

Chewy, you are looking pretty good. Your density looks solid as well. I don't know your age;I am asuming you are in your early twenties. I was a NW 6 and totally bald by your age, so I wouldn't worry. It appears as though you may have a NW 1-ish hair pattern, which may be the way you were born and never realized it. Have you scheduled an appointment with your doctor? A dermatologist could probably give you an opinion as to whether you are thinning. You may be the type of guy who slowly recedes over the course of 30 years, and will be a NW 2 by 40. Anyway, the worst thing you can do is panic (which I know is easier said than done) because this will just make matters worse. Try to find a good doctor with whom you can discuss your concerns.

Perhaps the reason no one responded to your post is because you have so many pictures people were overwhelmed; or, it may be that people were too lazy to look through all of your photos (there are many). Sometimes people don't want to get involved because they may be uncomfortable. I was too busy bitching and moaning on my own thread...hehe.

Thank you for your reply. I did schedule an appointment with my dermatologist. I scheduled 2 actually and after the first one he told me to keep track of my hair and come back in a month and tell him. Then for some I lost my insurance and just got everything sorted out and am going about 3 months after he told me to originally come back. I did notice more loss, which is what worries me, and i'm not even 20 yet. Thank you for your reply though

Dude you're not even NW2, which is a mature hairline and NOT hair loss in any case.

If you are shedding excessive hair and are really worried, you should get your hair checked for miniaturization. If it IS present, discuss options. But you're ****ing fine. Stop panicking.

All is good.

Thanks bro I appreciate the replies. But yea I already had an appointment scheduled and he gave me some kind of liquid topical solution which im guessing was some kind of steroid/growth product. Thats the reason all those little pimples are present on my forehead. I'll try n relax and see what my derm says. Thank you everyone

It sounds like he gave you Rogaine (Minoxidil) but he really should've informed you properly before you left.

Hairloss patterns don't always closely resemble the Norwood scale diagrams. You have the early stages of hairloss right across the front. The hairline hasn't retreated much but I'd say that you were just about becoming a NW2.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It wasn't rogaine it was FLUOCINONIDE. I have no idea what it is but like I said i'm guessing it was some kind of growth/steroid product.