+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast

Guys,
    I am on Minox for 6 years. Never touched Fin and not gonna (too afraid). So RU is like the last chance for me to somehow block DHT with minimal sides.

Got a question for you, users of RU - Could you maintain your results for the long term using RU? I've read in certain places that the effect of RU is very short - few months, and then it becomes slightly uneffective. Are there some fellows that have been on RU for few years now and can say that it helps maintaining hair state?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by chongmet View Post
    Guys,
    I am on Minox for 6 years. Never touched Fin and not gonna (too afraid). So RU is like the last chance for me to somehow block DHT with minimal sides.

Got a question for you, users of RU - Could you maintain your results for the long term using RU? I've read in certain places that the effect of RU is very short - few months, and then it becomes slightly uneffective. Are there some fellows that have been on RU for few years now and can say that it helps maintaining hair state?

Thanks a lot
    Personally, I think you have to discount much of the feedback where people say their medication showed benefit or stopped working within the first 4th months. My doctor (very reputable and well know) told me that in over 20 years of practice, no matter the medication, any benefits from treatment don't generally start to show themselves until the 6th thru 12th months. And typically, you can expect some degree of shedding for the first 3 to 4 months. This doesn't mean people don't think they see regrowth and they absolutely could see less greasy or more lively hair. But you can't "see" maintenance except by having the same amount of hair over a longer term and you likely wouldn't see any new regrowth for a least 4 months. Here is another quote from another well known hair physician's website (Dr. Bernstein) saying basically the same thing regarding dutasteride: "During the first six months on dutasteride, one may note some thinning of one’s existing hair. This may be due to either progression of your hair loss before finasteride has had a chance to work, or some shedding of miniaturized hair that makes way for the new healthy hair to grow. It is important to be patient during this period. You should continue the medication for at least one year before you and your doctor can assess its benefits."

Quote Originally Posted by chongmet View Post
    Guys,

Thanks a lot
    I am 2 years now on it still maintaining. One guy maintained on it for 10 years and then it stopped working for him a bit he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    I am 2 years now on it still maintaining. One guy maintained on it for 10 years and then it stopped working for him a bit he said.

Swooping so I assume you dont use any internall dht blockers such as fin/dut/palmetto? JUST ru? if you use FIN/minox...then you can never know if RU works or not.. im currently just using RU as a stand alone treatment gonna give it a few months..but im doubtfull tbh

Are Kane and Anagenic the same company? and if so is the quality of product high

I am thinking of ordering a bottle of the pre-made RU in solution

http://anageninc.com/on-sale/ru58841-solution-50ml.html

I wanted to know what is the difference between the % RU, 3, 5 AND 8%. What is the most commonly used, and which one is best for begginers?

Also, which is the better solution the PG and Alcohol, or this KB solution?
    thanks

Are Kane and Anagenic the same company? and if so is the quality of product high

I am thinking of ordering a bottle of the pre-made RU in solution

http://anageninc.com/on-sale/ru58841-solution-50ml.html

I wanted to know what is the difference between the % RU, 3, 5 AND 8%. What is the most commonly used, and which one is best for begginers?

Also, which is the better solution the PG and Alcohol, or this KB solution?
    thanks

Yes it is the same Company "I Believe" on the package I recieve it says "ANAGENINC KANE" I currently use x3 premade 5% KB solution.. I use 5ml a day last me 1 month...and I only use RU no minox and no fin...will give this a shot for a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    Swooping so I assume you dont use any internall dht blockers such as fin/dut/palmetto? JUST ru? if you use FIN/minox...then you can never know if RU works or not.. im currently just using RU as a stand alone treatment gonna give it a few months..but im doubtfull tbh
    Soonbald, I have dropped minoxidil a few months ago. I have tried finasteride in the past too as a small trial. Now I'm just on RU.

Chongmet, i too have been using RU off and on for about 3 months. I believe I was getting some side effects with it so I cut back my dosage a lot. even stopped using it for a while. the time I did use it regularly I didn't notice any benefit but again I was only using regularly for like a month and a half. I did not notice any less shedding but my hair did seem less greasy in the mornings.

No offense champpy but I dont Believe that RU gives you any side effects..its a "topicall" afterall...how much of it actually reach the blood? not much if at all...I use 250mg ED and dermaroll my scalp every time I apply it and I spray it all over my scalp and rubb it in carefully and there is no side effects...RU in my opinion is ALOT safer than fin/dut obviously since its a topicall...I also dont Believe much in the results from RU..some people mix the RU with minox and Think its the RU that does the job but infact it could just be the minox that is giving results... or maybe when people started adding RU they got better results? I dunno.. but not many actually JUST use "RU" we got 1 guy here that only use RU or two...including ME...if RU dont work for me in a few months then its safe to say that RU is a bullshit chemical that dont work for hairloss it should work on me because I have slow hairloss and very slow recession over the years...but still we all react differently to Chemicals and pills so some guys will get good results while others wont..thats Life...im not saying people that get results from RU imagine it...but many use RU and minox..not necessarily "blend" them together well some do...but they still use both treatments..so when they get slight regrowth it could just be from the minox..thats all im saying...because we know that minox can grow hair but we dont really know if RU "alone" can grow hair...or do we?