Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehatman
    • Feb 2016

Your life after a HAIR TRANSPLANT ?!

I Know everyone on this forum care about their hair allot, and allot of you have taken action by getting a HT.

I want to hear your story what changed after your HT?
  • DAVE52
    • Sep 2010

Didn't want to go back for more HT's so I decided to buzz it because my scar's not that bad. End of story I don't stress about it anymore

Comment

• HTsoon
      • Feb 2016

Have regained a lot of confidence, I hardly wear hats anymore, I shaved my head a year before getting surgery so I knew I wanted hair, will be going for my third procedure this year.

Comment

• jamesst11
        • Jun 2014

destroyed most of my life... have lived in anxiety, fear and depression for two straight years and have destroyed every relationship I have been in. Still have trouble seeing my family and friends and I don't go out to bars or restaurants anymore. Was filled with paralyzing anxiety and fear on my Birthday, my Nephews Birthday, Easter and Christmas. ***Lesson to all those not to get a hair transplant when the time isn't right and they haven't stabilized their loss.***

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
          • Apr 2011

Been living like a recluse with no social life whatsoever for the past decade and half and always wearing a cap. 6 HTs and close to 5000 grafts later and I have less hair now than I started with when I had my first HT. Apparently for some of us even a hair transplant isn't a fix as for some unknown god damn reason the transplanted hair falls out. So now I'm f*cked more than I have ever been.

Can't shave and can't get more HTs and I'm living in constant fear and anxiety -to say nothing about depression- not knowing how bad the scars are on my head (still not visible as they're still covered by hair) and what I'd do if I lose all the transplanted hair.

My HT is looking more and more like a social death sentence.

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
            Been living like a recluse with no social life whatsoever for the past decade and half and always wearing a cap. 6 HTs and close to 5000 grafts later and I have less hair now than I started with when I had my first HT. Apparently for some of us even a hair transplant isn't a fix as for some unknown god damn reason the transplanted hair falls out. So now I'm f*cked more than I have ever been.

Can't shave and can't get more HTs and I'm living in constant fear and anxiety -to say nothing about depression- not knowing how bad the scars are on my head (still not visible as they're still covered by hair) and what I'd do if I lose all the transplanted hair.

My HT is looking more and more like a social death sentence.
            Man, I have heard your story and I feel for you. I am having so much trouble coping with just one. I don't know how you do it... whether or not you're a recluse, you are still brave as f*ck for surviving man, remember that. Most people wouldn't in your scenario... Have you ever thought about joining one of those hair system places? Where you go in and they do it all for you? I know that's probably a stupid question, but I know in my scenario it would relieve my anxiety and allow me to function in public. F*ck people... F*ck what they think..Women get breast jobs, botox, face lifts and wear insane amounts of makeup. I would love to get to the point where I could lock down a solid hair system plan and just become so confident with it that I could just say, "it's not my hair, it's a piece"... People would probably think, wow it looks incredible and then 10 minutes later forget you're wearing it. Also, 99% of people that see you, you wouldn't have to tell.

Comment

• thehatman
              • Feb 2016

wow those are some horrible storys! feel real sorry for you guys.
              Agree with Jamesst11 Try a piece and get out of your house, life is short!

Comment

• ejj
                • Dec 2010

Agree with the above. Wasted so much of my life with this. The only way to proceed is a small fue session to the frontal forelock. It keeps your options open going forward.
                ej

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by jamesst11
                  Man, I have heard your story and I feel for you. I am having so much trouble coping with just one. I don't know how you do it... whether or not you're a recluse, you are still brave as f*ck for surviving man, remember that. Most people wouldn't in your scenario... Have you ever thought about joining one of those hair system places? Where you go in and they do it all for you? I know that's probably a stupid question, but I know in my scenario it would relieve my anxiety and allow me to function in public. F*ck people... F*ck what they think..Women get breast jobs, botox, face lifts and wear insane amounts of makeup. I would love to get to the point where I could lock down a solid hair system plan and just become so confident with it that I could just say, "it's not my hair, it's a piece"... People would probably think, wow it looks incredible and then 10 minutes later forget you're wearing it. Also, 99% of people that see you, you wouldn't have to tell.
                  Thanks, jamesst. I wish I were brave. I would've waited for my hair loss to get worse then shaved it off. Going bald however was something I could never imagine or face.

I would never get a hair piece. Nothing will match my hair. Besides, the expense is too much for me. Thanks to my problem I barely work enough to just cover my expenses. And the maintenance....

The one thing I'm seriously considering and will probably be forced to do if I keep losing hair is to tattoo my head, and I don't mean that stupid scalp pigmentation but actual tattoos, like some bikers have. It's not me but what else can I do?

Just saw a guy yesterday on a tv program (Vanity Insanity) who's had his head disfigured after so many botched HTs and repair jobs (totalling $80,000) and he wears a hat 24/7 and his wish was to be able to go out without a god damn hat. He regrets getting HTs.

Fu*k life. There's no limit to how cruel it can be to some of us.

Comment

• JSmyth
                    • Feb 2012

Could you guys comment a bit on your hair transplant history. What pattern and age you were at when you first had an ht.

I have been considering one but reading stories like these is certainly good information. I am really sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Hair loss is such a terrible affliction.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                      • Apr 2011

I hardly had any hair loss when I started. Maybe I had a few hairs missing in the corners of my temples. I don't think I would've been classified as someone with hair loss back then (in my 20s'). But that's how scared I was of being bald that I started way too early.

My advice to anyone considering an HT is to DO A TEST HT if possible. I mean like get a very small HT and to monitor the transplanted hairs and see if they take or not. One thing HT doctors will NOT tell you is that for some people the hairs will NOT take root and will end up falling out PERMANENTLY. There's nothing worse than getting a big HT and leaving all kinds of scars in the back of your head and in the transplanted area and also to waste several 1000 dollars only to find out that your transplanted hair isn't going to grow out. You WILL be disfigured in more ways than one and you can kiss whatever you had of social life -no matter how little it was- before the HT good bye because your disfigurement after a failed HT will KILL your social life completely.

I'm sure most doctors will probably refuse to do small HTs to test the results. I wouldn't mind paying $1500 for even as few as 200 grafts as a test. I THINK ALL HT DOCTORS SHOULD DO THIS. HT's are NOT guaranteed to always work despite what we're told.

Comment

• jamesst11
                        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
                        I hardly had any hair loss when I started. Maybe I had a few hairs missing in the corners of my temples. I don't think I would've been classified as someone with hair loss back then (in my 20s'). But that's how scared I was of being bald that I started way too early.

My advice to anyone considering an HT is to DO A TEST HT if possible. I mean like get a very small HT and to monitor the transplanted hairs and see if they take or not. One thing HT doctors will NOT tell you is that for some people the hairs will NOT take root and will end up falling out PERMANENTLY. There's nothing worse than getting a big HT and leaving all kinds of scars in the back of your head and in the transplanted area and also to waste several 1000 dollars only to find out that your transplanted hair isn't going to grow out. You WILL be disfigured in more ways than one and you can kiss whatever you had of social life -no matter how little it was- before the HT good bye because your disfigurement after a failed HT will KILL your social life completely.

I'm sure most doctors will probably refuse to do small HTs to test the results. I wouldn't mind paying $1500 for even as few as 200 grafts as a test. I THINK ALL HT DOCTORS SHOULD DO THIS. HT's are NOT guaranteed to always work despite what we're told.
                        I am sure you've considered every option, so don't mind me sounding stupid - but have you considered getting FUE's into the scars, or SMP? The transplanted hairs may work at the back of your head, no?

Comment

• jamesst11
                          • Jun 2014

I think, since my hair is going quick, I am going to get like 300 FUE grafted into my scar. then I am just going bald and enjoying my f*cking summer and traveling.

Comment

• HTsoon
                            • Feb 2016

a lot of these horror stories are a big reason why I chose FUE, if I ever go norwood 7 and don't have enough donor hair to cover the gap, I will shave my head and never look back, I think the older you are the less traumatic it is, for example Joe Rogan, he had a few strip surgeries in the 90's when he was in his 20's, he has since shaved his head now that he's in his 40's and there is less social stigma regarding his baldness, the problem is when you're going bald at 22, that really is a sad scenario because people just feel sorry for you rather than accept that you are getting older.

Comment

• djbfxtrader
                              • Jul 2015

Why is this? What age were you when you got a hair transplant and how has it had a negative effect? very sorry to hear this, I suffer from increased anxiety as I have major loss and am considering HT , I avoid any special occasions, going etc and its becoming worse by the day

Comment

Working...