+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 210 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Just saw this tweet.

Further Analysis Reveals Double Digit Hair Growth in RepliCels First-in-man Clinical Trial

http://www.replicel.com/further-anal...linical-trial/

I've seen the update also today, every little helps and while the i-told-you-so gang are busy smashing up another possible hairloss cure thread, take this time for positivity in this minefield i say.

I see it as the steppng stones are getting just that little bit closer together, before you know it we'll/they'll have a bridge we can all cross and we can then look back, and think, shit, we're here, we made it ...now lets get busy worrying over something else, haa!!

I know I'm a woman and this is mostly a male oriented forum, but I wanna give my 2 cents.

I think that this announcement was made in order to make people realize that the previous results released were not all that bad. Of course some people will still think these are bad news, and I get it, 'cause we're all desperate for a cure (I should know, I'm a 23 year old woman with thinning hair, it's devastating)... but I still have faith in Replicel... I think they're on the right track and as has been noted before, these things take A LOT of time. These are new treatments, there's no background to compare them to, so results will vay a lot from time to time. I think that even if Replicel can't grow a lot of hair, if they can somehow make existing follicles immune to hair loss, that would be awesome! Sadly with science and new treatments it's all about trial and error and that takes time... I always remember that famous quote by Edison:

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work".

And that's the way it is... but in any case I'm grateful thatt there are people working on this, and I think at least one out of the four main companies working on this will succeed. Maybe next year, maybe 5 years from now, maybe in 10 years... but some day, someone will make it. I know we all want a cure NOW - when I look in the mirror sometimes I feel very angry that there's still no way to fix such a fundamental part of my image... but I'm sure there will be a cure.

You know what would have been bad results, anyway? If this had somehow encouraged hair loss. Maybe I'm too optimistic or naive, but I'm one of the people who think that 6 months is still to early to judge Replicel's efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
    I know how much we want to hear 500% regrowth guys.

But we need to interpretate the numbers released. We are not talking about regrowth after the use of Minox, Fin, or whatever, where the follicles producing hair are already there, hair strucutures are already formed. Don´t forget that this is introduncing new cells into the scalp, so it takes time for the body to establish them, evolve and finally start working(producing hair)

So, if from Minox we need at least 6 months to start seeing(if they are) results, and 1 year or more, from Fin, i think that having hair growth from new structures only 6 months after injection(and in phase 1), its definitely good news.

Oh, and with that little tiny detail: without having to take the chances of having your dick dead.
    I just quoted my own reply. Just because it seems to me that is one of the most sense replys about Replicel, and no one noticed it. Or maybe i´m just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 67mph View Post
    ... and while the i-told-you-so gang are busy smashing up another possible hairloss cure thread, take this time for positivity in this minefield i say.
    Yes, it's ridiculous. People can't even imagine how complicated alopecia and the hair follicle as an organ itself is. They think they know something because they read some stuff on Wikipedia and Hairsite.
    Prof.Hoffmann of Replicel has been specializing on Alopecia as a Professor at German Phillips University since 1998(2003). Just check out his cv:
    Prof.Hoffmann CV

If any of you guys think, you know better than him, all I can do is nothing but laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    Yes, it's ridiculous. People can't even imagine how complicated alopecia and the hair follicle as an organ itself is.
    If we're able to start growing organs etc. from scratch, I'm sure hair follicles can't be all that more complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqxbwbjw00
    Lung^

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    If we're able to start growing organs etc. from scratch, I'm sure hair follicles can't be all that more complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqxbwbjw00
    Lung^
    Yes but a lung doesn't fall off and regenerate itself every few months....

Quote Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
    I just quoted my own reply. Just because it seems to me that is one of the most sense replys about Replicel, and no one noticed it. Or maybe i´m just stupid.
    I think that is one of the most sensible of the positive replies I've seen to this situation as well. It's exactly my thought process and how I wanted to respond to the results, but I couldn't think of how to put it into words at that moment, got busy, and said screw it after all the overwhelming bashing started pouring in.

I never jumped the Replicel ship, even after being disappointed in not seeing crazy regrowth. But after I washed away my sorrows with a couple ****tails and shrugged it off the next day, it almost started to make sense that there wasn't much regrowth at 6 months.

For instance, posters here have been referring to Histogen as possibly being "Minox on steroids" - coaxing follicles out of telogen phase into anagen via a potent dose of growth factors. However, Replicel took the approach of addressing the issue at a very early step in follicle genesis (as I understand it) with replicated ("brand new") DSC cells - at least one, if not several steps before Histogen's growth factor approach even comes into play. Essentially, the treatment is restarting from scratch or close to it. It only seems to make sense that it will take significant time for brand new follicle genesis, for that follicle to go through multiple "cycles" or processes we may not be aware of and then to be capable of generating a terminal hair (like in a baby's scalp^). It could also make sense that any vellous hair follicles would take considerable time to recruit DSC cells and tare down/rebuild, where as Histogen's growth factors are immediately, and unnaturally available - thus the hasty new or "coaxed" hair growth.

The above has been theorized with very little bio knowledge. But shit man, they grew hair on mice ears and feet! Plus D. Hall said a mouse's biological processes cycle much faster than a human's. I know they were mice, but it was approached at the cellular level. I don't see why it shouldn't work in humans once the (seemingly many) kinks are worked out.

I'm over being pissed about the prelim efficacy. I'd just be legitimately surprised if Replicel doesn't develop into SOMETHING viable, whatever those results might entail.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGround View Post
    I think that is one of the most sensible of the positive replies I've seen to this situation as well. It's exactly my thought process and how I wanted to respond to the results, but I couldn't think of how to put it into words at that moment, got busy, and said screw it after all the overwhelming bashing started pouring in.

I never jumped the Replicel ship, even after being disappointed in not seeing crazy regrowth. But after I washed away my sorrows with a couple ****tails and shrugged it off the next day, it almost started to make sense that there wasn't much regrowth at 6 months.

For instance, posters here have been referring to Histogen as possibly being "Minox on steroids" - coaxing follicles out of telogen phase into anagen via a potent dose of growth factors. However, Replicel took the approach of addressing the issue at a very early step in follicle genesis (as I understand it) with replicated ("brand new") DSC cells - at least one, if not several steps before Histogen's growth factor approach even comes into play. Essentially, the treatment is restarting from scratch or close to it. It only seems to make sense that it will take significant time for brand new follicle genesis, for that follicle to go through multiple "cycles" or processes we may not be aware of and then to be capable of generating a terminal hair (like in a baby's scalp^). It could also make sense that any vellous hair follicles would take considerable time to recruit DSC cells and tare down/rebuild, where as Histogen's growth factors are immediately, and unnaturally available - thus the hasty new or "coaxed" hair growth.

The above has been theorized with very little bio knowledge. But shit man, they grew hair on mice ears and feet! Plus D. Hall said a mouse's biological processes cycle much faster than a human's. I know they were mice, but it was approached at the cellular level. I don't see why it shouldn't work in humans once the (seemingly many) kinks are worked out.

I'm over being pissed about the prelim efficacy. I'd just be legitimately surprised if Replicel doesn't develop into SOMETHING viable, whatever those results might entail.
    You guys are tripping ! Replicel doesn't have a good record and even if these results were true, who the hell needs microscopic hairs and unnoticeable increased density which are not even consistent on all patients.

Growing hair a mouse feet? Replicel's not the only one who has done it, all HM companies can do it. Replicel used their "patented" procedure consisting of DSC cells and DP cells, the latter used by ARI, and they got the exact same result on mouses feet.

The results were also the same in mouse's ear but the only difference is that the DSC cells did not cluster. This is the reason why replicel was born, they thought these DSC cells were the progenitor cells capable of regenerating the entire hair structure even affecting the AGA tissue around it for it's survival but it has FAILED to produce what they thought it could do.

This is all ADERANS all over again and aderans has solved the clustering problem with some tweaks.

Aderans is way ahead of replicel and want to market their procedure and they are trying to cure advanced stage pattern baldness.

Replicel's just trying to impress investors by growing some stuff on thinning areas to get some good results, sell their stuff and get paid. Wether they come to market or not, they do not care.

However all these companies will not cure MPB, they are not solving the root of the problem but simply prolonging the inevitable and for how long? apparently not enough to market it.

You guys need a reality check. Don't get me wrong I want this shit to be cured I am in no treatment whatsover but nothing is impressive so far.

Histogen results are somewhat impressive and lets hope they can last.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Aderans is way ahead of replicel and want to market their procedure and they are trying to cure advanced stage pattern baldness.
    What's a realistic release date for Aderans?