View Poll Results: Since you have used the drug, have you seen any sexual side effects?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have seen some sort of sexual side effects

39 43.33%
  • No, everything is fine

51 56.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

I'm 35 yrs old now and I've been on it for about 8 years. Just now starting to experiece lower sex drive/libido. I'm considering reducing my dosage to a pill every other day to see if that helps. It's unfortunate because propecia has worked well for me as a prevenative measure for losing my hair.

Inactive

Is anybody else appalled by the fact that 1/3 of the respondents to the survey has suffered side effects from Propecia. The warning information lists less than 2% of Propecia users get sexual side effects (even before subtracting for the nocebo effect). While this isn't a random sample, it is telling that this survey represents a prevalence of side effects more than %1,500 what they admit.

Wow just found this poll. Pretty good indicator that the 2% figure is way off.

HAHAHA 2% ??? are you kidding???
    I think is at least 20%....
    And some permanent....

Yeah, 2% is what previous studies have suggested and what is trumpeted here. 2% is also what we'd expect to find if people were just taking a placebo. This poll alone suggests that is absolutely not the case. There's just no way you'd get a poll indicating 1/3 or more experiencing side effects if they were just taking sugar pills. We're talking about our sexual health - most men are quite in tune with their penis and know when something is wrong.

That said the poll can't be regarded scientific because not enough people took it for starters, among other things. Pinch of salt.

28 and mild sideaffects at 1st but they stopped in time.

Hello..I'm 41. I was on propecia for 12 years and I can vouch for the side effects firsthand.
    The drug has what I call a' slow creep', in that it's side effects, ED, lower libido came on slowly over the years..making me wonder if it was all in my head. When i quit and decided to give up the battle.. The only way i can describe it was that it was like my body was alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    Hello..I'm 41. I was on propecia for 12 years and I can vouch for the side effects firsthand.
    The drug has what I call a' slow creep', in that it's side effects, ED, lower libido came on slowly over the years..making me wonder if it was all in my head. When i quit and decided to give up the battle.. The only way i can describe it was that it was like my body was alive again.
    Add one more to the ever-growing list. Are the deniers reading all of these stories???

skipstah, how long did it take for your body to return to normal? I experienced the 'slow creep', but within months rather than years. Throws a big spanner in the works of any argument that it's "mostly in the head".

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Add one more to the ever-growing list. Are the deniers reading all of these stories???
    I don't think alot of people deny that Propecia has (even persistent) sides. The problem is that in all clinical studies the sides range between 2-8%, atleast all the ones I am aware of. And this is the case even for the ones that are not sponsored by Merk, and done independently at universities. Its hard to explain that, and trust anonymous forums over actual clinical studies (specially the ones not sponsored by Merk). And particularly forums that ban users for saying anything non-negative about the drug. Now imagine doing a survey using that group! Can you actually compare it to a clinical study??

If we can find even 1 clinical study (not a survey done from p-help.com), that showed an incident of sides in the rage of say 30% (i.e drastically different from previous studies) thats when these so called "denier" will become believers.

Btw I spoke with 3 doctors on this subject. And thats where I am getting this from. They all accepted that basically anything in possible, but in the end its something like innocent untill proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    If we can find even 1 clinical study (not a survey done from p-help.com), that showed an incident of sides in the rage of say 30% (i.e drastically different from previous studies) thats when these so called "denier" will become believers.
    I'm not sure they'd ever accept it. Hair loss seem almost religious in nature at times; seems having faith is a big part of some of the treatments and marginalising certain facts is central too. I'm sure you can see the comparisons.

I must also make the point that we shouldn't need studies to say 30% or more experience side effects. Even 5% or more would implicate a much larger number of men and imply that side effects were a pharmacological consequence of the drug itself. If the initial studies had indicated 5% or more, I'm not sure the medication would have been approved at all and we'd definitely not see it prescribed so loosely on the internet.