+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up My hair transplant experience with Civas Clinic and Dr. Ekrem Civas

Hello everybody.

I visited Civas Clinic in January 13th this year.
    Heard about Dr. Civas from a finnish forum where everybody praised him.
    It was strange how positive the feedback was, since finns can be very
    critical and harsh about things, and it wouldnt be hard to lash out some criticism on an internet forum anonymously.

People who had gone to Civas Clinic had unanimously similar experiences with the Dr. Ekrem Civas and the staff that were only positive. Only one guy had a slight negative experience with a taxi being late. But really in my books and most likely in everybody else's, thats nothing. So there was no red flags.
    I was very confident in choosing Civas clinic over others.

And Im not gonna lie, of course the price was something that played a huge part in me choosing Civas, but the safety and skill of the Dr and the nurses was equally important.

Everything happened very fast. From the moment of me sending my first e-mail and pictures to them, to the moment of me getting operated. It took two months from the first mail.

The secretary was very friendly. And I didnt have to wait for long to get an answer from them. They mailed me back the same day usually. It was a pleasant surprise.

So everything ran smoothly. I came to Ankara at night and hopped to a taxi that
    was sent there by Civas Clinic. It was part of the price just like the few days in the hotel too, which was very comfy. The hotel had a wlan also.

The next day I visited the Civas Clinic and met Dr. Ekrem Civas himself.
    People had described Dr. Ekrem Civas of being a very gentle and positive person, but with a sense of confidence. And he was just like that. Very different to Doctors I've come across in the past in my native country of Finland.

We chatted a little bit and he draw the hairline for me. I felt it was well placed
    and framed my face. My natural hairline was way higher since I always had widows peaks, even as a kid.
    His english was fluent and I understood everything he said.

So the surgery was scheduled the next day after the consultation.
    Everything ran smoothly, just like people had described before.
    They gave me a xanax and an antibiotic before the procedure. Then they shaved and washed my head.

There was 4 nurses and Dr. Civas who was constantly checking if I was feeling alright.
    Eventho I was half asleep most of the time, it made me feel good to know that I was being taken care of. The nurses really didnt speak english at all, so I wasnt able to communicate with them. Actually it was hard to find anybody in Ankara who could speak english. But its understandable since theres literally no tourists and no english tv-channels or english magazines anywhere. But it also made the experience feel more authentic in a sense.

The operation took almost 10 hours, but it felt shorter. I really didnt feel much pain. Only in the beginning when Dr. Civas injected saline solution into my head to numb it.
    But it was really no big deal. It was a 3200 graft FUE session. Originally we talked about getting more, but my donor area density wasnt as expected. I was pretty much a NW4. There was pauses during the operation and everything felt comfortable. The food was good too.

I didnt feel any pain during the night post-op or the next day. My head was just numb and maybe my depth perception was a lil bit altered. Dr. Civas warned me about it so I wouldnt hit my head during the first weeks and months. Since the grafts are so delicate.

I received post-op instructions, 6 month supply of Proscar, Terramycin, Thiocilline, saline solution and a baby shampoo when I left.

Its been two months since the surgery now. After the first month I had shockloss,
    which didnt come by surprise, I was prepared for that. My donor area has healed nicely and looks almost perfectly normal to my eyes. The recipient area is still numb and a bit red as it should be. I feel like everything has happened just the way they should have.

Still very early to say anything, but im very optimistic about this.
    And at this moment I wont post any pictures. I know it sucks when theres no photos.
    But I'll post pictures when I got something to show.
    This was purely to make a review about Civas Clinic. And if it wasnt already apparent by my writings, I highly recommend their Clinic to anybody that values aesthetics, reasonable price and quality.

-JD

Thanks for sharing. Considering this guy.

thanks for sharing man!
    how's the progress?

Thanks for sharing your experience

Thanks for sharing.How much did you pay for 3200grafts?

Hello
    Thanks for sharing your story, do you have any advice on using Dr Ekrem Civas, how was the recovery and did you get the results.

Any update on the results?