I have reached NW3. Beginning of the end. Must Battle Now.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
    I dunno, definitely stopped my shedding but hairline may still be slipping away, only been back on .25 for about two months after a six month stretch of no meds due to sides, I'll have a better idea after Xmas.
    Just curious, but why is your name 'Conpecia'?

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

Haha ya bro, it only effects your emotions if you give it permission to. Me personally, when the day comes that I have a full head of hair, first thing I am doing is shaving my head to the skin just for the hell of it !

Comment

• Conpecia
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
        Just curious, but why is your name 'Conpecia'?
        I was pissed at the price of propecia and its weak efficacy when I registered. It's a con, a cheat.

Comment

• inspects
          • Aug 2012

I was pissed at the price of propecia and its weak efficacy when I registered. It's a con, a cheat.
          Conpecia,

If your in the United States, buy Fin from a reputable Canadian Pharmacy, I believe I paid $75.00 for 200 1mg tabs the first time I ordered it.

I think it has helped fill in my crown significantly and fairly quickly, I only been on Fin for about six months and using Minox twice daily. My TP hairs are only about 1/4 inch long at the moment and feel like facial hairs, their fairly stiff, so I know the thin light colored hairs are not the transplanted hairs. One of the two products is working, or the combination of both.

Good Luck with your journey...!!!

Comment

• Conpecia
            • Sep 2011

Just an update on my situation:

I've lost so much ****ing hair since I started this thread only a few months ago. My hairline literally gets higher every week, visibly and tangibly. It's "catch-up" loss from having been on finasteride and stopped the process for so many years. My crown is thinning rapidly as well. Body hair is growing like crazy too since my DHT levels have gone back up through the roof. The silver lining in all of this is that my libido is as stronger than it's been in many years. Forgot what it was like to wake up with morning wood. Also the gyno is diminishing, though I assume it'll take at least 6 months or so to really kill that off.

I'd be in a much worse mood if it weren't for two things:

1. Keratene Retard looks like it's working for people, and I've been told it will not affect estrogen levels. Meaning fin-like benefits without gyno. I have some on the way and will begin taking 1 pill a day for a month to make sure there are no sides.

2. I FINALLY figured out a good minox regimen that does not give me bloating or dark circles under my eyes. I just put rogaine foam on once a day right after work, so it's fully absorbed by the time I go to sleep. I've been told that rogaine works best younger guys and in areas that are just recently balding, and honestly if I could just turn back the clock on hairloss to about 2011 or so (as opposed to trying to get back 20 years worth of loss...), I'd wear my hair a little shorter and no one would notice anything. Then I could get a HT later on and never think about baldness again.

So I'm really looking forward to about 2-3 months from now to see if the rogaine foam and keratene combination is working for me. Until then I've sworn off caring about sheds or how my hair looks. I'm just going to work on improving my body and mind, and let the meds take care of my hair. I'll update this thread if I start seeing results. The goal is NW2 with only slight thinning in crown. See you guys soon.

Comment

• Exodus
              • Nov 2012

Ah I can relate. Im a diffuse thinner with the NW5 outline. How has Minox worked for you?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

Never give up, never surrender!

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                  Never give up, never surrender!

Comment

• Aames
                    Inactive
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
                    You have great taste in gifs and gif usage.

Comment

• Conpecia
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Exodus
                      Ah I can relate. Im a diffuse thinner with the NW5 outline. How has Minox worked for you?
                      So far nothing to report other than I do not get the sides I was getting from Kirkland foam and Capillogain tonic. From those I experienced bad caffeine-like headaches and anxiety. Rogaine foam is awesome, once a day I just put little dime-size dots on either side of my hairline and a larger amount on my crown, then rub everything in, then wash my hands and move on with my day. The shedding also seems to be slowing down but I will have to wait a couple weeks before I know for sure.

There MAY be some tiny, tiny vellus hairs popping up on either temple, but honestly I have always had microscopic peach fuzz all the way down to my original hairline, though some of that area has been bald for almost a decade. Do other people have that or is there literally zero hair in your bald regions, like completely hairless as a human palm? I definitely still have hair growing there but it's so miniaturized you can only see it in harsh light looking very closely in a mirror. If minox wakes that hair up I will be set, but I'm not optimistic about that. Honestly I just want a little regrowth and maintenance...

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

Approaching the 1 month mark on Rogaine. Hair has never looked worse. I was looking in the mirror yesterday and just thought holy **** I look old. I have the youngest looking face for my age and it's all going to waste with this ****ing hairloss. MBP itch kicked in a couple days ago and has been relentless at the temples. Shedding goes on and on, all types of hairs falling out: thinner ones, thicker ones, longer ones, shorter ones. Hairline is flying back, thank God I have such thick hair otherwise I'd be absolutely screwed. More and more scalp is showing after showers and when I part my hair. I pray that this means better hair is on the way, but after having to quit Propecia I fear a lot of this is the hairloss speeding up to make up for lost time. If I could just ****ing tolerate Propecia I'd be fine for the next decade. So ****ing frustrated by that. Had another gyno bout so I'm hesitant to take Keratene before it's gone. Man, so stressful. Please let there be good news with the World Congress. My confidence will be destroyed if I get to NW4 or beyond...

Comment

• BigThinker
                          • Oct 2012

Approaching the 1 month mark on Rogaine. Hair has never looked worse. I was looking in the mirror yesterday and just thought holy **** I look old. I have the youngest looking face for my age and it's all going to waste with this ****ing hairloss. MBP itch kicked in a couple days ago and has been relentless at the temples. Shedding goes on and on, all types of hairs falling out: thinner ones, thicker ones, longer ones, shorter ones. Hairline is flying back, thank God I have such thick hair otherwise I'd be absolutely screwed. More and more scalp is showing after showers and when I part my hair. I pray that this means better hair is on the way, but after having to quit Propecia I fear a lot of this is the hairloss speeding up to make up for lost time. If I could just ****ing tolerate Propecia I'd be fine for the next decade. So ****ing frustrated by that. Had another gyno bout so I'm hesitant to take Keratene before it's gone. Man, so stressful. Please let there be good news with the World Congress. My confidence will be destroyed if I get to NW4 or beyond...
                          I share all of those feels, my friend. My hair has been decimated during the last 2 weeks to what I presume is finasteride shed.

I keep getting my hair cut shorter and shorter to cope with my head shape and get ready for what feels like the inevitable -- shaving my head. Just the thought makes my stomach churn, but not quite as bad as the thought of having egregiously transparent hair.

Everyday that passes I'm more and more inclined to get on minox, but I wouldn't make it through another treatment-induced shed with my hair (either from treatment-induced shedding or pulling it out in anxiety (not really though)).

Anyways, man, I really hope you'll find yourself at peace as a result of: a.) hair maintenance at NW 3, b.) shaving your head and moving on.

Best regards.

Comment

• Conpecia
                            • Sep 2011

Thanks man,

I'm hearing awesome stuff about indomethacin. Im going to start using it soon if I keep hearing good news. that combined with minox may buy me a couple years. Worst case scenario I shave my head and move on.

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

hell hath no fury like a minox shed. i hope the worst of it is over, shedding seems to have decreased the past couple days, itch is lower. man i had no idea you could bald so dramatically in 6 months. it's been insane. i'm nw3.5 plus diffuse thinning everywhere. with minox freshly applied the hair is so thin it's amazing. and since my donor region is so thick it looks more and more awkward each day. i have vowed to stick with minox every day for 6 months. if the hair just continues to decline i will add RU to the regimen and save up for gyno surgery. propecia worked wonders for me, at least i kept my hair for the most of my 20s. my hairline now is essentially like lebron's, except I'm white and can conceal it with my bangs grown longer and side swept. at this rate I've got another year tops to solve this or else i will have to shave the head and start wearing glasses, tanning and working out like crazy to compensate.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                                • Aug 2012

hell hath no fury like a minox shed. i hope the worst of it is over, shedding seems to have decreased the past couple days, itch is lower. man i had no idea you could bald so dramatically in 6 months. it's been insane. i'm nw3.5 plus diffuse thinning everywhere. with minox freshly applied the hair is so thin it's amazing. and since my donor region is so thick it looks more and more awkward each day. i have vowed to stick with minox every day for 6 months. if the hair just continues to decline i will add RU to the regimen and save up for gyno surgery. propecia worked wonders for me, at least i kept my hair for the most of my 20s. my hairline now is essentially like lebron's, except I'm white and can conceal it with my bangs grown longer and side swept. at this rate I've got another year tops to solve this or else i will have to shave the head and start wearing glasses, tanning and working out like crazy to compensate.
                                When did the minox shed begin to occur? And how long has it lasted for?

Comment

Working...