+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strip Scar Hell

Default Strip Scar Hell

Ok all, I went with a reputable iahrs surgeon. I was trying to hide a wide strip scar and improve the look of my hairline.
    He went ahead and did another strip higher up on my head above the "bump" to harvest hair for my hairline and to implant hair into my wide/old strip scar.
    This was almost 2 months ago. I now notice that the new scar is gaining some width and is still very much pink. Is it going to keep stretching as wide as the older one I had lower down on my head?
    God I dont want to go through this again! the doc told me there should be no problem because hes doing the incision in a much better location.....ugh!!!
    What do I do know???!!!

Either get a hair system or look like a monster like me. I wore a rug until very recently. I hated it but people didn't stare in horror at me like they do now. Just know that you can hide it if you feel you cannot show your head. I am trying to accept being bald and having a scarred scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsuave View Post
    Ok all, I went with a reputable iahrs surgeon. I was trying to hide a wide strip scar and improve the look of my hairline.
    He went ahead and did another strip higher up on my head above the "bump" to harvest hair for my hairline and to implant hair into my wide/old strip scar.
    This was almost 2 months ago. I now notice that the new scar is gaining some width and is still very much pink. Is it going to keep stretching as wide as the older one I had lower down on my head?
    God I dont want to go through this again! the doc told me there should be no problem because hes doing the incision in a much better location.....ugh!!!
    What do I do know???!!!

Unfortunately, the tighter you make the scalp by performing successive strip procedures, the more likely it is that your scar will widen and stretch out. This is why it seldom makes sense to correct a strip scar with additional strip surgeries. As you've found, even the most skilled strip surgeons, using the most advanced closure techniques, cannot guarantee a scar that will not stretch over time. You might want to look into having a scar grafting procedure using a FUE method of extraction to avoid further strip scars. Although it is not always possible to completely conceal the strip scars and unnatural hair growth angles resulting from strip surgery, you should be able to camouflage them to a degree that you feel more confident wearing your hair short.

Quote Originally Posted by CIT_Girl View Post
    Unfortunately, the tighter you make the scalp by performing successive strip procedures, the more likely it is that your scar will widen and stretch out. This is why it seldom makes sense to correct a strip scar with additional strip surgeries. As you've found, even the most skilled strip surgeons, using the most advanced closure techniques, cannot guarantee a scar that will not stretch over time. You might want to look into having a scar grafting procedure using a FUE method of extraction to avoid further strip scars. Although it is not always possible to completely conceal the strip scars and unnatural hair growth angles resulting from strip surgery, you should be able to camouflage them to a degree that you feel more confident wearing your hair short.
    Or possibly look into smp for the scars.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

If the first scar was acceptable, the second scar should result in a similar fashion. If the color and characteristics of the skin are normal, you can improve the scar by grafting with FUE. What are your goals for improving the scar and hair styling?
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Jsuave, sorry to hear about all of this. I just had (what I hope) is some repair work by Dr. Deyarman using the ARTAS machine for donor and he made the incisions for the grafts. Do a search by his name or my log on name to view early results (and will continues to update). It's very early but am hoping to provide good data for others suffering from past ill advised strip surgeries. My goals are modest, just hoping to fill in the strip scars and wear my hair short (but I will never have full coverage and at this point just don't want to think about my hair as a focal point of my day).