+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I did see it and it is interesting. However that method is not practical. By the time they have a workable system that a woman could use at home, Histogen and Replicel will have a much more effective treatment on the market.
    You can buy a mesotherapy gun yourself and they are very easy to use! However, they are quite pricey (500-thousands), but you do make up for it a little bit by only having to use very small amounts of minoxidil (or whatever else you want to inject). If I ever go that route I will make posts about it here. I think it is an option that should be explored, and surprisingly is not, but as you said in years time we will have Histogen.

You were a lot rude, not a little.

Yes you did. If you are not a doctor, it is not your place. Making irresponsible uninformed recommendations does not help anyone. Treating women's hair loss is more complicated than it is for men. If you are not a doctor, you are not qualified to give advice on the women's hair loss.

I was not being disagreeable. I was being factual. Contraceptives are in fact notorious for triggering hair loss in women. If you actually knew what you are talking about, you would have known that. Advice from anyone who so obviously does not know what they are talking about is harmful advice.
    so basicly you are saying that our european doctors are simply plain old dumb right ?

Both Diane 35 and cyproterone acetate are illegal in the US. So you need to be the one to shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    (I'm not in the US).

Yes you did. If you are not a doctor, it is not your place. Making irresponsible uninformed recommendations does not help anyone. Treating women's hair loss is more complicated than it is for men. If you are not a doctor, you are not qualified to give advice on the women's hair loss.
    this place need alot of cleening then !
    Admin must delete 99,99 % of post because no one is doctor

Aw man, sometimes I really hate reading these stories, but I can't stop myself!

Dealing with hairloss is horrific for a man, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for a woman. When my mum was having chemotherapy treatment and her hair started falling out in patches, it broke her heart

Whether we like it or not, men are shallower than women when it comes to choosing a mate, for evolutionary reasons - men have less invested in sexual encounters, and men just want a healthy partner who will produce healthy offspring, whereas women are looking for a male who is willing and able to protect her and said offspring. That, and because it is rarer in women, makes hairloss that much more difficult for ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post

I guess this is a bit of a rant, but for the ladies here, how have you dealt with dating, men and confidence? And if any guys are reading, if a woman is otherwise attractive and nice and kind, would you accept her thinning hair, and that with her you'd never have her change her look/style much?
    That's an unequivocal yes, if a woman is otherwise attractive and nice and kind, it wouldn't bother me. And actually, reading your story reminded me of something - a couple of years ago, my then-flatmate and I had this friend, and we used to go and visit her in her building, and my flatmate and I both had a HUGE crush on her landlady, who was sexy as hell. Then our friend told us that her landlady wore a wig, because her hair was falling out (not sure why, if it was medical or what). I'll admit that I never saw her without the wig, but it didn't stop me and my flatmate lusting after her, lol.

I hope you're ok anyway.

Bimatoprost will be much more effective than minox but will not be on the shelf until around mid 2017.

That's not true. You are closing the door on yourself
    Really? Tell me what other styles can you do because I am struggling to do anything other than that.

Inactive

Exclamation

Contraceptives can promote hair growth in some cases, but that isn't a generally advisable application since the hair growth isn't necessarily limited to the scalp:

http://voices.yahoo.com/birth-contro...h-6730736.html

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Really? Tell me what other styles can you do because I am struggling to do anything other than that.
    You can have longer hair at the front, like I do, and most people can't really tell I'm losing hair... But long hair is the only style you can do to hide some of the hair loss, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by verver View Post
    so basicly you are saying that our european doctors are simply plain old dumb right ?
    Are you capable of paying attention? Now get off your lazy butt and read this. Read all of it. Every word.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/

Are you capable of paying attention? Now get off your lazy butt and read this. Read all of it. Every word.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/
    i can't i'm a lazy butt