+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1088

Thread: Aderans

I never thought I'd ever say this but here it goes:

"Iron_Man ur a LEGEND"

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Dunno if this has already been seen but Ironman recently posted a screen shot of a page from an article which summerised the events of the ISHRS meeting. In the bit about Aderans it states that they were in already in the process of getting approved for phase III testing and that was back in October. So looks like Aderans are certain they have something worth spending the money on to continue through trials and bring to market. I don't have a link but just look on the Histogen thread and it's within the last few pages of posts.
    That's good news if it's true, let's hope it is. Moving on to phase 3 is a big step. The other day, I was talking to a guy who works for a large pharmaceutical company and oversees drug testing procedures. FDA can be a bitch, or not, really depending on how well things are done during phase 2 and 3. However, it's very common for drugs to take years to complete phase 2, but that doesn't mean they can't move on to commercialization relatively quickly.

A lot of speculation about timelines on this forum must be taken as what it is, speculation. Let's see what happens, in the meantime stay cautiously optimistic everyone, don't give in to the trolls, but don't put your lives on hold assuming you will have all your hair back in a couple years.

Unhappy

I try to keep having faith in Aderans but I'm losing hope that they're gonna be a worthwhile treatment. We now know that the treatment only rejuvinates existing follicles, it doesn't create new ones. The treatment only works in 60% of people but you have to have a slice of skin off your scalp to find out either way. Then I'm sure Washnik said that about 40% were getting regrowth similar to or better than existing treatments - so thats 40% of 60% that are getting the same regrowth you get from Propecia. We don't yet know if it's compoundable either. As for the hope that it may make hair immune to DHT, again we have noh idea yet. It just all sounds a bit hopeless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I try to keep having faith in Aderans but I'm losing hope that they're gonna be a worthwhile treatment. We now know that the treatment only rejuvinates existing follicles, it doesn't create new ones. The treatment only works in 60% of people but you have to have a slice of skin off your scalp to find out either way. Then I'm sure Washnik said that about 40% were getting regrowth similar to or better than existing treatments - so thats 40% of 60% that are getting the same regrowth you get from Propecia. We don't yet know if it's compoundable either. As for the hope that it may make hair immune to DHT, again we have noh idea yet. It just all sounds a bit hopeless to me.
    Stop being so EMO about it, if it comes through good; if it doesn't, life goes on. We'll have to just wait and see what happens, there's nothing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Stop being so EMO about it, if it comes through good; if it doesn't, life goes on. We'll have to just wait and see what happens, there's nothing else to do.
    Yes I mean it could be a lot worse we could be sitting here with **** all to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by thinning87 View Post
    ya'll need to chill out and understand that if anything positive comes out it will be in the news or on the websites. Stop spending 5 hour a day in this thread.

I remain cautiously optimistic as there are reputable folks out there who have also been affected by mpb. They are doing a lot of work and investors are pouring good money in this research, which means someone's gotta be on to something.

I know this won't make everyone happy in here after the new wave of skepticism i just read. But i recommend everyone just take a step back and hit the bars tonight.

In the meantime, i suggest buzzing the hair really short. I did this for the first time 4 days ago to see approximately what i will look like when bald. Well, girls dig it. Seriously, i would have never imagined it. And i don't even have a fully symmetric, well shaped skull. But yeah, definitely much better than i thought, i had my hair like ryan gosling and i wish i could continue to have it that way but, guess what, as long as i look decent i'm good because as it's been repeated a thousand times looks are not all in a man. I got some compliments which makes me feel good and i'm gonna hit the clubs all weekend to see how many phone numbers i can get with the new look. I am optimistic!

So again chill out folks. Stay calm and carry on. If you are really depressed about the new insights on the forum, go out to the bars tonight and have an intense swim tomorrow. Get off the forum for a few days and cool off everyone. And buzz the hair really short, i feel awesome i accepted my self for what i will look like in 2 years and moved on. I don't have the thought in the back of my mind anymore! I'll take propecia twice a week just in case something will come out, and if it doesn't work **** it i already feel good about what i'll look like!

stay calm. Everything is going to be alright....

Any news about this? we are already in 2016
    Is this similar to Repicel?

Quote Originally Posted by SebaURU View Post
    Any news about this? we are already in 2016
    Is this similar to Repicel?
    Ya this company is legitimately dead. They liquidated their assets and everything I'm pretty sure, totally defunct. The science didn't pan out. On to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    Ya this company is legitimately dead. They liquidated their assets and everything I'm pretty sure, totally defunct. The science didn't pan out. On to the next one.
    Really? this makes me doubt all . They tell you have wonderful results in their studies and then the lab closed. I 'm doubting Replicel , Histogen etc etc
    I am so depressed

Quote Originally Posted by SebaURU View Post
    Really? this makes me doubt all . They tell you have wonderful results in their studies and then the lab closed. I 'm doubting Replicel , Histogen etc etc
    I am so depressed
    There are encouraging differences though... one being that both Histogen and Replicel (or rather, Replicel's method, recently purchased by a big company) are both making bold statements, and actions, regarding 2018 release dates in specific countries, as well as commencing further trials soon if not already. Histogen has recently managed to raise millions of dollars too, so that's encouraging. Plus Histogen definitely can regrow noticeable amounts of hair if they have not added fake hair to the scalps in their photographs (ie. if they've faked them, the typical 'different lighting/combing/camera angle' tricks that scams use cannot explain the amount of regrowth their photos appear to show). And those purported results are from a single treatment when multiple ones should presumably do better. And they need to see what happens if they vary the doses. Things are still uncertain and too much hope is dangerous but I don't see any reason to write them off at this moment, just the opposite if anything.