+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Why am I here? Here's my story, my struggle: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Now compare it with yours. Like I said, it's not a contest. But coming here as a thick NW1 whose thinning is all in his head (trust me, if you had something, I would tell you right away) saying that he wants to kill himself. This is just pathetic.

All the knowledgeable guys here have told you the same truth: you do no suffer from male pattern baldness. The rest is commentary, and delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by nursedude22 View Post
    To my understanding, you can be a NW1 and STILL have diffused thinning on the sides.

One question Mr. Fred, why are you even on here? Isn't this supposed to be a support forum and not a place of judgement.
    We already have enough of that in the real world.
    Yeah Fred, you don't know how tough it is for the guys going through life as thick NW.5's. The jokes, stares, discrimination...you just don't understand.

I already told you i don't think you have mpb but if you insist.. Yes propecia will help slow and possibly regrow some hair hair.Combine it with minox and youll be good. Just keep in mind that the day you stop using these treatments alot of shedding will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Why am I here? Here's my story, my struggle: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Now compare it with yours. Like I said, it's not a contest. But coming here as a thick NW1 whose thinning is all in his head (trust me, if you had something, I would tell you right away) saying that he wants to kill himself. This is just pathetic.

All the knowledgeable guys here have told you the same truth: you do no suffer from male pattern baldness. The rest is commentary, and delusion.
    White guys with blonde-light brown hair can pull off the bald look way better tbh....How was the transplant btw? Did it hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnt View Post
    I already told you i don't think you have mpb but if you insist.. Yes propecia will help slow and possibly regrow some hair hair.Combine it with minox and youll be good. Just keep in mind that the day you stop using these treatments alot of shedding will occur.

So I was laying out getting some sun, decided to take a picture of my scalp....Made me worry even more This photo clearly shows my side thinning (You can see my scalp!)

Anyone else still questioning my hairloss?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg

Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	35458

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

So I was laying out getting some sun, decided to take a picture of my scalp....Made me worry even more This photo clearly shows my side thinning (You can see my scalp!)

Anyone else still questioning my hairloss?
    Attachment 35458
    My wife has very thick hair with a low hairline. There is no hair loss in her family I'm aware of, male or female. When her hair gets wet, it can appear thin as well in certain lighting.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    My wife has very thick hair with a low hairline. There is no hair loss in her family I'm aware of, male or female. When her hair gets wet, it can appear thin as well in certain lighting.

Chuck
    Thanks for replying Chuck, I appreciate it. BTW how REAL is Telogen Effluvium? Can one really lose hair by stress? Has anyone on here lost hair from stress and did you ever get the hair back?

I ask this because I've been EXTREMELY stressed lately with my job, taking care of patients, and their demanding families -__-' ON TOP of personal/family issues.

Everyone could say he has been stress lately, it doesn't mean anything. I don't even know if hair loss from stress is proven by science, how could one determine if an individual is stressed?

You hair is normal by the way, my sides look like yours when I have my hair grown out, and I've see a lot of people with full heads of hair who have the same see-through sides. Nothing to worry about in my opinion. Enjoy your youth and your hair!

Thanks for replying Chuck, I appreciate it. BTW how REAL is Telogen Effluvium? Can one really lose hair by stress? Has anyone on here lost hair from stress and did you ever get the hair back?

I ask this because I've been EXTREMELY stressed lately with my job, taking care of patients, and their demanding families -__-' ON TOP of personal/family issues.
    I find it kinda ironic how you deal with patients who most likely have medically severe problems yet you say you are utterly devastated because of your "hairloss" and suicidal. I would imagine working with patients would put your own life and problems into perspective.....but I guess that's clearly not the case.

I've read some of your posts, and it's pretty obvious you know what your options are in terms of treatments as you advised others into using Fin and Minox. What is baffling to me is why you are so obsessed over it when it's obvious you have no signs of hairloss and still have a good head of hair. Why waste time crying about further loss that may happen when you can enjoy what you have now?

Also FYI, even those with the most thickest and densest of hair, will show scalp when wet, so again you my friend are in great need of some counselling or therapy because at this point it really is all in your head. Numerous other members have said so and they will continue to say so, and if you don't agree with them, then you'll be pretty disappointed the more you read this thread.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

According to an article on webmd.com:
    "Whatever form of hair loss TE takes, it is fully reversible. The hair follicles are not permanently or irreversibly affected; there are just more hair follicles in a resting state than there should normally be."

From aafp.org:
    "Telogen effluvium occurs when the normal balance of hairs in growth and rest phases is disrupted, and the telogen phase predominates. The disproportionate shedding leads to a decrease in the total number of hairs. Axillary and pubic areas often are involved, as well as the scalp. The hair-pluck test usually shows that up to 50 percent of hairs are in the telogen phase (in contrast to the normal 10 to 15 percent), although these results can vary in persons with advanced disease. The patient often is found to have had inciting events in the three to four months before the hair loss If 70 to 80 percent of hairs are in the telogen phase, the physician should look for causes of severe metabolic derangements, toxic exposures, or chemotherapy. No specific treatment for hair loss is required because normal hair regrowth usually occurs with time and resolution of underlying causes. Lack of significant historical events and a delay in regrowth should raise suspicion for syphilitic alopecia."

Hair restoration physician, Sharon keene in Arizona published a series of identical twin epigenetic studies in the ISHRS trade magazine called forum. According to research she cited, stress can indeed trigger hair loss.

My personal thoughts are that corticosteroids, even over the counter hydrocortisone 1% can help because I believe corticosteroids can inhibit the telogen phase. Dermatologists advise against excessive use because corticosteroids can cause skin thinning. It's interesting that many topical steroids have the listed side of excessive hair growth.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck