+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 27yr old nw5/6 - booked HT - am I good - 3900 grafts?

Evening all - wondering if I could get some help and clarification - 27atm

been losing it slowly for about 10 years now - currently at the stage im at! been using
    nanogen to conceal it over the years,

but basically just wondering Ive booked a ht in december have 2 1/2 weeks off work as well,

ive been to a few places in london various along harley street - all said they woudnt really touch me unless i was on finasteride and my donor wasnt the best,

ive had a consultation from a clinic in turkey and the doc saw my hair in person when he was in the uk - he changed it from 4200 grafts to 2900 from my donor and 500 chest and body hair for support,

well im near enough staring at a brick wall this whole year i havent gained any hair more or less lost ground - whole year has near enough gone another year worrying about this shit!

but basically with a ht im assuming I should be ok with 3900 grafts I dont expect to spike my hair up and have brilliant nw1 hair all I want is coverage and just hairs i was thinking 25cm2 for hair density or along those lines - even if I have to use a bit of concealer thats fine!

anyway pics attached - let me know - at random guards/ lengths
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3106.jpg

Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	54419   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4155.jpg

Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	54420   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4372 - Copy.jpg

Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	54421   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4409 - Copy.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	54422  

pics of scalp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4413.jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	54423   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2450.jpg

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	54424  

Are you planning to go for full coverage, including crown, or concentrate on the front and midscalp?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yeah full coverage essentially,

I don't want high density for spikes and gel etc

I basically want coverage all over,

No hairline lowering just filling in temples slightly

And yeah just hair no I was wondering sort of measured my head something along 25grafts per cm2

Even If I have to use fibres to conceal that's fine, yeah just decent coverage and hairs that don't fall and get worse just a consistent hairdo and I'm a happy man!

You have very reasonable and realistic expectations, which is good and necessary when dealing with your level of loss. I'm wondering if the doctor revised his graft quote downwards due to viewing your donor area. I doubt it was because he feels that you need fewer grafts for coverage, because, frankly, you need as many as possible.

Please be aware that your balding pattern is extending downwards from the crown into your donor area. I'm certain that this is part of the reason why some doctors have been hesitant to accept you as a patient.

I'm sorry if this post comes across as negative, I just want to give you the best advice that I can. Personally, I think you're better of just shaving your hair down. You look like someone who would pull off that style very well.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    You have very reasonable and realistic expectations, which is good and necessary when dealing with your level of loss. I'm wondering if the doctor revised his graft quote downwards due to viewing your donor area. I doubt it was because he feels that you need fewer grafts for coverage, because, frankly, you need as many as possible.

Please be aware that your balding pattern is extending downwards from the crown into your donor area. I'm certain that this is part of the reason why some doctors have been hesitant to accept you as a patient.

I'm sorry if this post comes across as negative, I just want to give you the best advice that I can. Personally, I think you're better of just shaving your hair down. You look like someone who would pull off that style very well.
    Agree I would recommend shaving it down and be done with it. OP FUE or FUT? Think I would stick with FUE in your situation. Also typically 3900 would do a real good job at rebuilding hairline and all the way back to crown, but not including any crown work. Figure another 2k grafts for crown. If I was you I would shave it or do FUE and focus more on the front.

Il be honest got a bit of a bean head lol so not looking to shave it off just yet,

I mean with 3900 is it not theoretically possible to achieve good coverage and well you can see how bad my hair is and I'm using fibres to get away with it bur it's getting bad now,

Even if I can use fibres to thicken up hair which won't go away and fall out,

Realistically if I can hold out til I'm 38 and then shave it I'm cool, it's going I've accepted it but want to delay it for about ten years Il be happy!

I was thinking after I get it if it's good to use minoxidil when my head is obv shaved to thicken things up

Quote Originally Posted by nk1990 View Post
    Il be honest got a bit of a bean head lol so not looking to shave it off just yet,

I mean with 3900 is it not theoretically possible to achieve good coverage and well you can see how bad my hair is and I'm using fibres to get away with it bur it's getting bad now,

Even if I can use fibres to thicken up hair which won't go away and fall out,

Realistically if I can hold out til I'm 38 and then shave it I'm cool, it's going I've accepted it but want to delay it for about ten years Il be happy!

I was thinking after I get it if it's good to use minoxidil when my head is obv shaved to thicken things up

Just wanted to point out a few things that I find concerning with your response. I don't what to sound mean or anything but there are some red flags.

First and foremost a hair transplant is not something you do to put it off balding for 10 years. Even with FUE there is a chance you won't be able to shave your head because of scarring. I would never recommend someone get a hair transplant to put off balding for a while. You need to look at hair transplants as a life long commitment unfortunately.

Second yes 3900 would probably be enough to thicken with fibers or concealers your surgeon will probably use most in the front and middle and then sprinkle a bit in the crown. This will look ok because lots of guys thin a bit at the front and a lot on the crown, IE its a pretty common hairloss pattern. I wouldn't want to evenly distribute the grafts because it will likely cause you to be thin all over. Thicker in the front half(3k should be ok) and the rest sprinkled in the crown(so its not slick bald) Should be ok. I have had 4 transplants and a total of 3700. Decent coverage and a few hundred in the crown so its not slick bald I am still really high on sides and back so that looks ok. I have come to terms that as long as the crown doesn't make the rest of my hair look wierd I can live with a thin crown

I mean my hair was shaved up until the age of 17 when i subsequently grew my hair out and began styling which is the point it started falling out!

Ive seen loads of fue results and when the trained eye would be able to tell i doubt the average person would be the wiser tbh.. especially if it was randomised and not to one subsequent area, i think some of the bad ones ive seen the docs have used a 1mm punch

its always a risk but yeah and I plan on using my current style as well 0 and buzzed back and sides / or faded

and yeah I mean i dont intend on styling my hair so as long as I have coverage if its thin on the crown whatever as long as I can use fibres and hair for them to stick to, its all good!

Id say when im 40 or so I personally dont reckon id be fussed! Just late teens/ 30's well essentially the most important part you could say of your life and you want to be feeling good/ looking good, especially when it comes to confidence and going on dates etc

also is i mean im getting 2900 first day from scalp then next day a 1000 bht - I mean will it not affect the other grafts if they start implanting these others in between the hairs