+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

All good stuff lvlace, excellent information...If I have any Q's I'll be sure to ask you in the future. You've been extremely helpful..

Regards

So after trying 2 front partial pieces from 2 different companies, I've concluded that hair systems do not work. They are extremely messy... I tried using tape, Got2bglue and glue... Nothing works... I looked like Marky Mark from the funky bunch in the 80's.... They take forever to clean to. Shit man I've tried everything, I can't accept going bald, I'm only 25. Why isn't there a cure... They can cure aids but they cant cure baldness.

Bro go to a centre to get it fixed you are doing it wrong
    or this forum
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/678938/

best resource

I agree. Most likely you are doing everything wrong! The link posted by cob984 is a great place to start. Most of the experienced users on that forum are also on the other forums that specialize in hair systems.
    Cleanup is neither difficult nor time consuming. I can easily cleanup my full system that I have worn for 4 weeks in a few minutes.
    In my opinion a partial will always be the most difficult type of system for a new user. It is small, flimsy, and placement, density, cut and color are crucial. Little room for error. A full system is far easier for a beginner.
    The forums should help. But, if you can find a salon that sells systems to help you I am certain
    they can make it work assuming that the partial was correctly made for you.

Yeah, I would imagine putting the thing on with clue or other adhesive would be a pain. Especially if you are new to the process. Might need to have a pro show you how to do it.

I had a professional cut both hairpieces in and she showed me how to put it on. Problem is I have a front partial which easily gets tangled with my real hairs. Yes I use clips to hold my hair up but glue always gets in hair. The color on the pieces are lighter for some reason than my real hair and they simply dont look good. Didn't like the way either of them looked. I am an NW3.. My father is an NW3 and no one in my family is completely bald. I wont shave my head for a topper... I've spent several hours trying every method of attachment and cleaning and nothing works... Obviously I can't return the pieces because everything has been cut in

Damn. I was hoping this would work for you. Sounds like it's more of a pain then it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrw651 View Post
    I had a professional cut both hairpieces in and she showed me how to put it on. Problem is I have a front partial which easily gets tangled with my real hairs. Yes I use clips to hold my hair up but glue always gets in hair. The color on the pieces are lighter for some reason than my real hair and they simply dont look good. Didn't like the way either of them looked. I am an NW3.. My father is an NW3 and no one in my family is completely bald. I wont shave my head for a topper... I've spent several hours trying every method of attachment and cleaning and nothing works... Obviously I can't return the pieces because everything has been cut in
    Would it be rude or childish if I said "I told you so!"?

If you know you won't go past NW3, I suggest you look into hair transplants. There is no other option anyway.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jrw651 View Post
    Seriously... Get a hair transplant and put this behind you. It's relatively easy to get a great result with your degree of hair loss as long as you have reasonably good donor hair characteristics.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

If the transplants didn't require propecia to be effective then I would consider it. Getting a high end semi permanent attachment for $4800 for 12 months (6 pieces and all services included) at a local place me NYC. You get what you pay for. The pieces I ordered online looked awful and were a complete waste of $750