19 y/o and losing hairs from whole body and visible temple hair loss :'( - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 19 y/o and losing hairs from whole body and visible temple hair loss :'(

So, It has been a few months since I started losing hairs. And now I can see my temple hairs gone...
    Hairs are falling from all parts of my body. I don't know why!
    Is it male pattern baldness?
    Some information,
    I just left my home for higher studies (around one and a half year ago) and now living in an area which is near a cement factory, and naturally my diet has changed... Junk food and all...
    I've stopped with the junk food and started eating healthy.
    Am I really going through male pattern baldness?
    Or it is something else?
    I'm so very confused and frustrated with this...
    I've started minoxidil and Dutasteride... I started them like 20 days ago, and now I'm losing like 70 hairs per day (maybe because of minoxidil shed which is normal)
    Help me out!!!
    *Sorry for low light conditions*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170219_152852.jpg

Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	50767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170219_153107.jpg

Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	50768   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170219_153318.jpg

Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	50769  

Definitely MPB. Why dutasteride first? Side effects usually much more present on this drug and most start with finasteride. If it was diet or health related it wouldn't be occurring in the typical mpb temple receeding pattern. Add in ketoconazole shampoo twice a week like nizoral or regenepure DR, but your approach is good. Many shed for the first 8 weeks so you have a while yet before you get any results. If you can stick with dutasteride the majority get regrowth on this along with minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Definitely MPB. Why dutasteride first? Side effects usually much more present on this drug and most start with finasteride. If it was diet or health related it wouldn't be occurring in the typical mpb temple receeding pattern. Add in ketoconazole shampoo twice a week like nizoral or regenepure DR, but your approach is good. Many shed for the first 8 weeks so you have a while yet before you get any results. If you can stick with dutasteride the majority get regrowth on this along with minoxidil.
    My doctor he prescribed me Dutasteride I just went ahead with his prescription. And one shampoo too, I'm worried about if I'll get them back or it'll be the same. I mean will my temple hair regrow?
    It's only been a few months since hairfall started, like 6 months at MOST. And I see small , very small hairs popping out of right temple which are visible only when looked closely, does that mean hairs will grow back? But I can't see such small hair'sat left temple, but yesterday when I looked very very closely I saw some on left too but I'm not sure as maybe I just saw something else but one thing's sure right temple has more visibilityof such small hairs... They're just like that of which grow on hands just smaller and stiff....
    And why am I losing hair from all of the body??
    Is it normal in MPB?
    By the way, what stage of blading am I in?

If you're using dutasteride, minoxidil and nizoral, if you can tolerate any finasteride sides there is a 95% chance should be able to get some minor regrowth on this regime. When hairloss becomes visible you have already lost 50% of your previous density. No it is not normal you're losing body hair, maybe you should check with your doctor if you have a thyroid issue, but it's possible it's in your head. ALSO it's possible that you have a thyroid issue, but have mpb as well. You're a norwood 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    If you're using dutasteride, minoxidil and nizoral, if you can tolerate any finasteride sides there is a 95% chance should be able to get some minor regrowth on this regime. When hairloss becomes visible you have already lost 50% of your previous density. No it is not normal you're losing body hair, maybe you should check with your doctor if you have a thyroid issue, but it's possible it's in your head. ALSO it's possible that you have a thyroid issue, but have mpb as well. You're a norwood 2.
    Minor like?
    I'll be norwood 1 then?
    And here check if I'm losing crown hair too..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5N...w?usp=drivesdk
    Damn this sucks... I'm so very frustrated with all of this

U r doing a good thing by jumping on dutasteride. At age of 19 this kind of hairline indicates that u r destinated to advanced balding. Usually such patients are poor responder to finasteride. Dut might work but if not increase your dose. It will help u in maintaining what u have left. Keep in mind stopping medicines would be disastrous.

Default I'll keep it in mind

Quote Originally Posted by robincurtz View Post
    U r doing a good thing by jumping on dutasteride. At age of 19 this kind of hairline indicates that u r destinated to advanced balding. Usually such patients are poor responder to finasteride. Dut might work but if not increase your dose. It will help u in maintaining what u have left. Keep in mind stopping medicines would be disastrous.
    I'll keep that in mind, but you scared the crap out of me
    By disaster how much disastrous are we talking about

I have seen my colleagues going bald within 2.5 year at your age. They never used finasteride or dutasteride. They were thinking that jogging will take care of their hair. Good luck.. r u Indian?

Quote Originally Posted by robincurtz View Post
    I have seen my colleagues going bald within 2.5 year at your age. They never used finasteride or dutasteride. They were thinking that jogging will take care of their hair. Good luck.. r u Indian?
    You keep scaring me more and more ����
    Damn this, I don't wanna go bald yet...
    And yeah I'm Indian
    And yeah, am I losing crown hairs too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam22 View Post
    You keep scaring me more and more ����
    Damn this, I don't wanna go bald yet...
    And yeah I'm Indian
    And yeah, am I losing crown hairs too?
    No crown loss. Honestly dutasteride and a keto shampoo alone have a 98% chance of maintenance in the medium term, and adding minox to your temples should give good regrowth.

Yeah it sucks but if you want to keep your hair you're going to have to keep up the dutasteride useage forever and keto shampoo is a good option too. If that works, in a few years you can get a transplant to fix your temple areas completely and keep up with the maintenance treatment.

It's not so much scary as it is a pain in the ass. You should have good results, but you're in this for life. You won't return to a norwood one on treatment, but with minox dutas and keto (and maybe a laser helmet too) you should be able to grow back 50% of what is lost.