Hair Loss In New Zealand - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Loss In New Zealand

Im 23 and experiencing hair loss all over. Does anyone know any good places in New Zealand that are good at treating hair loss? e.g clive hair clinic? Or places that do hair transplants?

I'm in Australia. I don't know of any surgeons in NZ but I know of some decent ones here and you are not far away. I have had a 90's very ordinary work done in Brisbane, then I tried repair work in Australia but it was very exy so from 2008 I have had 3 x very successful procedures done by 2 x different surgeons in Thailand. You need to research here and on other forums as you are very young and it's a long journey, not a one size fits all quick fix. Get all your info sorted and arm yourself with knowledge, that's what I did. I always listened and still do to TBT radio show but I'm new on their forum. I gleaned my info from a few other forums from 2007 onwards whilst listening to Spencer but to tell the truth I really didn't know much about his forums cos I was always on the others and I guess I just didn't take the time. Later on, when you arm yourself with info, if you want and if I see your reply, I can tell you about the few Aussie Docs that are pretty good or if you are willing to go overseas, the two I had success with. Both separate clinics. But first of all, just do your research so you know what you need to ask and expect.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulyB View Post
    I'm in Australia. I don't know of any surgeons in NZ but I know of some decent ones here and you are not far away. I have had a 90's very ordinary work done in Brisbane, then I tried repair work in Australia but it was very exy so from 2008 I have had 3 x very successful procedures done by 2 x different surgeons in Thailand. You need to research here and on other forums as you are very young and it's a long journey, not a one size fits all quick fix. Get all your info sorted and arm yourself with knowledge, that's what I did. I always listened and still do to TBT radio show but I'm new on their forum. I gleaned my info from a few other forums from 2007 onwards whilst listening to Spencer but to tell the truth I really didn't know much about his forums cos I was always on the others and I guess I just didn't take the time. Later on, when you arm yourself with info, if you want and if I see your reply, I can tell you about the few Aussie Docs that are pretty good or if you are willing to go overseas, the two I had success with. Both separate clinics. But first of all, just do your research so you know what you need to ask and expect.

Hey PaulyB thanks so much for the reply. Yeah i don't think there are many options in New Zealand so might have to go overseas. I feel like i would be a lot safer in Australia to be honest. What sort of price range where you looking at for a procedure you had in Aus compared to Thailand?

hey mate, which aussie docs do you think are pretty good?

I'm just feeling a little uncomfortable recommending any doctor to you because at 23 you are still very young for any type of surgery.
    I am 51, I had my first shit op (post plug mini grafts) in 1996, so I was 32. It was still dark ages. I suffered shock loss, had no internet for research, no finasteride, only low strength minoxidal. No camouflaging products were around, so I had to cop the usual hairline stares, especially in the sunlight. I had my first repair work done in 2008 and they used today's more refined follicular unit techniques via FUT after much reading/researching on the various forums, then some hairline fill in work in 2011, again very fine FUT work and finally the small finishing part in 2012 using manual FUE with a motorised hand tool.
    What I'm getting at is that you need to be aware of what the famous American HT Doctor (William) Rassman calls the "master plan" for your hairloss because at 23, you have virtually just started the process, unless of course you were starting to experience it at a younger age.
    Before anything, can you tell me if you are schooled up on the following stuff? Shock loss, master plans, finasteride, minoxidal, the difference and benefits and disadvantages of both FUT & FUE, the basic process and timelines of these procedures, the Norwood scale, expectations, shaving down or not and which doctors insist you shave down and who works around that situation (I had to find one that didn't make me shave down because of my work), have you looked at before and after pics of similar patient types as yourself as in hairloss patterns, hair type, colour, thin, fine hair as opposed to thick coarser hair types and the expected difference in final appearance of these opposing hair types. Dense packing pro's and con's, Lateral slit or the sagittal slit placement technique?. the term "mega session", all these things you should read up on.It's all available, just google any of those terms I've written and go for it. There is sooo much you need to arm yourself cos if you don't and it ****s up, you will be bloody sorry. Have you tried the many products like Couvre, Toppik and it's many copies which are all ok too, Dermatch, the spray type ones, there are heaps. And I forgot also, the donor hair availability and limitations are extremely important to be aware of as you only have a certain amount of donor hair that can be moved so if you use it all up too early whilst you are still going through hairloss stages, you are in deep shit mate.So, come back to me with some acknowledgement that you are really aware of ALL of the above stuff and then I'll feel comfortable with discussing the various doctors that I'm aware and know of. Let me know how you go. Paul

I'm just feeling a little uncomfortable recommending any doctor to you because at 23 you are still very young for any type of surgery.
    I am 51, I had my first shit op (post plug mini grafts) in 1996, so I was 32. It was still dark ages. I suffered shock loss, had no internet for research, no finasteride, only low strength minoxidal. No camouflaging products were around, so I had to cop the usual hairline stares, especially in the sunlight. I had my first repair work done in 2008 and they used today's more refined follicular unit techniques via FUT after much reading/researching on the various forums, then some hairline fill in work in 2011, again very fine FUT work and finally the small finishing part in 2012 using manual FUE with a motorised hand tool.
    What I'm getting at is that you need to be aware of what the famous American HT Doctor (William) Rassman calls the "master plan" for your hairloss because at 23, you have virtually just started the process, unless of course you were starting to experience it at a younger age.
    Before anything, can you tell me if you are schooled up on the following stuff? Shock loss, master plans, finasteride, minoxidal, the difference and benefits and disadvantages of both FUT & FUE, the basic process and timelines of these procedures, the Norwood scale, expectations, shaving down or not and which doctors insist you shave down and who works around that situation (I had to find one that didn't make me shave down because of my work), have you looked at before and after pics of similar patient types as yourself as in hairloss patterns, hair type, colour, thin, fine hair as opposed to thick coarser hair types and the expected difference in final appearance of these opposing hair types. Dense packing pro's and con's, Lateral slit or the sagittal slit placement technique?. the term "mega session", all these things you should read up on.It's all available, just google any of those terms I've written and go for it. There is sooo much you need to arm yourself cos if you don't and it ****s up, you will be bloody sorry. Have you tried the many products like Couvre, Toppik and it's many copies which are all ok too, Dermatch, the spray type ones, there are heaps. And I forgot also, the donor hair availability and limitations are extremely important to be aware of as you only have a certain amount of donor hair that can be moved so if you use it all up too early whilst you are still going through hairloss stages, you are in deep shit mate.So, come back to me with some acknowledgement that you are really aware of ALL of the above stuff and then I'll feel comfortable with discussing the various doctors that I'm aware and know of. Let me know how you go. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MCP View Post
    hey mate, which aussie docs do you think are pretty good?
    I have only had consultations with two but have read up on many. Dr. Barry White was ok, he seemed to know his game, he is from Melbourne and I saw him on the Gold Coast. There is Dr. Jennifer Martinek who I've read about. I had a good consultation with a Sydney doctor named Dr. Russell Knudsen. He was knowledgeable, but he only had capacity at the time for 1,600-2,000 graft sessions and I needed much more plus he wasn't cheap, but he is the real deal and a winner of a Golden Follicle award from the ISHRS doctors group. I ended up doing my successful procedures in Thailand with 2 x separate doctors over a 5-6 yr period. My first shitty mini grafts job was in 1996 at a Brisbane clinic. No research ,no medications, no camo products, it was still the dark ages for HT surgery.

hey do you know a way to get cheap rogaine or propecia in nz

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold harris View Post
    hey do you know a way to get cheap rogaine or propecia in nz
    Nah, I'm from Australia where there is plenty of generic finasteride (Propecia or Proscar) or generic Minoxidil (Rogaine or Regaine) so look out in NZ for those generic names but also do your research well.

Hi there. We do hair transplants in New Zealand. Performed by a plastic surgeon who definitely knows what he is doing.