+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I was actually looking forward to the results expecting some improvement on finasteride but ah sure not to worry. I got a great laugh out of the idea of harvesting the human hairs grown on the mouse recently. Gimme 'em, I wants 'em.

However, maybe just maybe it could be a treatment for the rich to keep what you got forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Well Jahoda showed implanting dermal papillae can form follicles and that's what Aderans are doing so maybe there's hope there. Also, while I remain skeptical of Dr. Gho, GCUK83 had the hair stem cell injection process where only the dermal papillae are implanted and that defintely has grown in. So can you multiply DP, inject and get growth? Yes. No idea why Replicel came up so short. I know they use DSC but still.

Some one mentioned harvesting human hair from hair grown from human stem cells on mice. Could that work? If so I'll take a 100 mice please.

If I'm honest, I did expect Replicel to get 20%.
    Gho doesnt inject DP cells.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Gho doesnt inject DP cells.
    What's the HSI rather than HST technique then? I'm probably not allowed link it but I'll give it a go.

http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

Under hair stem cell transplantation, there's a piece on hair stem cell injection. I'm not entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing?

I really want to know if Spencer is still doing an interview with RepliCel despite the bad results. And if he is, when will this interview be available.

Aderans got better results...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are thinking short term and looking for negatives. It takes a long time and many hair cycles for a human hair to transform from vellus to terminal. Longer than six months. We will know a lot more when we can see what this regrowth looks like a year after it started growing.

One notion everyone needs to get into their heads is that treating hair loss takes a long time. The speed of which is at the mercy of how long it takes a human hair to develop and transform into a normal terminal hair. This is naturally not a quick process. It is a painfully slow process. The key to kick start the process is to get the hair growing. Replicel has done that.
    I hope you're right Tracy, it just doesn't sound very promising when you consider they said they would heavily dose each patient during the trial. What are they going to do now, just give higher and higher doses? Also I thought they said if they couldn't reach rogaine and fin effectiveness then they wouldn't bother to continue, well they're not even close so why do they see their results as positive? I guess we'll find out in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    What's the HSI rather than HST technique then? I'm probably not allowed link it but I'll give it a go.

http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

Under hair stem cell transplantation, there's a piece on hair stem cell injection. I'm not entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing?
    HSI is the injection of purely upper DS cells. HST is the fue-like transplant of the upper two thirds of a hair follicle (upper DS cells being the key).

Why are people discussing the % of growth as if it's an important variable in this trial?

Am I the only one who sees why it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Why are people discussing the % of growth as if it's an important variable in this trial?

Am I the only one who sees why it isn't?
    You should ask David Hall who repeatedly mentioned that they fully expected to exceed 20% growth. If you're fully expecting 20% and getting 3% then something clearly isn't working out.

The primary focus of the trial was on safety but efficacy was also a factor and Replicel admitted as much.